TRANSPORT: MI to NH

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haley

Reaction score
Im putting a thread here and will be sending out PMs to people I hope will help these two little bunnies!

They are currently residing with Christine in Muskegon but need to get to their new home in NH. Their new owner is willing to drive to near Albany, NY. The total transport time is about 15 hours so Im hoping someone inbetween can offer them a place to stay overnight and stretch their legs.

If anyone along this route would be available in the next week or two, please let me know. We realize the fastest route is through Canada but to avoid wait times and hassles at the border have opted just stay in the US.

Just a rough estimate of the route we would take...

IM UPTDATING THIS AS LEGS ARE FILLED:

Friday 12/4:

Lowell, MI- Flint, MI (approx 1 hr 40 mins)- FILLED BY DEB (overnight with Haley)

Saturday 12/5:

10:00-12:15 Flint-Fremont, OH(approx2 hrs15 mins)-FILLED BY DENISE& HALEY

12:30-1:50 Fremont, OH-Lakewood, OH(1 hr 20 mins)-FILLED BY LINDA

2:00-3:45 Lakewood- Erie, PA (1 hr 45 mins)- FILLED BY SHARI & JEFF (Bunspace)

4:00-5:45 Erie, PA- Buffalo, NY (1 hr 45 mins)- FILLED BYBLAKE (Bunspace)(overnight stay with Blake in Buffalo)

Sunday 12/6:

9:30-10:45 Buffalo, NY-Pittsford (1 hr 15 mins) - FILLED BY RANDY

11:00-12:15 Pittsford- Syracuse (1 hr 15 mins)- FILLED BY MIKE SCONE

12:30-3:00 Syracuse- Albany (2 hrs 25 mins)- FILLED BY MIKE LONG or JEFF

3:15-6:00 Albany, NY- West Unity, NH (2 hrs 45 mins)- FILLED BY JANET

Note: the map isnt working...I will get one up soon. Heres the link if you want to see it...CLICK HERE FOR MAP

That would be awesome, Deb. I will see what Christine wants to do...maybe she could drive them to you and they could stay with you for a week until I can get a transport going? Then you could bring them out this way and Denise could get them further into OH..
Hopefully we can get this to work!

I went and got them today. Here they are in our "guest" room! Now we just need a way to get them to their home!

2zyeezm.jpg

The single two MOST littlest cuties in the world aside from all of OUR OTHER ONES, and YOURS..cuties...are OFF!!
Both still so SO SMALL STILL EVEN AFTER GAINING a pound here...
-BOTH gained a POUND EACH(!!!) since coming:))....
Well, and now-THERE THEY GO WITH DEB, INTO HER CAPABLE HANDS AND OUTTA Mine, (MY TUB that is)...I was and AM outta room here-the little bunnies ears were already frost bitten-I W/COULD NOT let them stay outside in Michigan's temps with it's freezing nights already AND the owners finally agreed to surrender...not one more night...That was a good call cuz we since have had "snow" too, and have snow coming that is suppose to be accumulative-YUK:(
Both the little "show" bunnies 2 back feets or "hocks" look 100% better WITH THE INFECTED THICK yellow PART falling off finally /they are healing so well with the daily bag balm appys-so good too-now being on nice softy soft blankets and grass hays along with timmy hay to enjoy,heal,and rest(LIKE Jesus slept on!)
Ok,well as I said,
***sadly***
I am out of room here and literally made a home for these tiny bunnies in my tub:((
They did very well and were quite happy and literally full of renewed energy upon going outside today, with full sunshine, in one of the bun runs whilst we waited for AuntDebbie...OH they were so CUTE and SHE GOT PICTURES!!!YAYE!!
WE LOVE YOU AUNT DEBBIE LANDS AND HERSHEY BABY!!

I am sure Debbie will continue these little Holland Lop ears on their healing journey...
and then Janet Queens...
God bless you all-
THANK YOU FOR HELPING THESE TWO-they would have indeed suffered terribly an NOT HAVE SURVIVED ANOTHER WINTER OUTSIDE and as stated here the healing effect of just the stay at CritterCafe:))
DEB LANDS totally totally ROCKS!! WE LOB YOU FREN:))Hayley totally rocks- Nose bumps and LOPEAR LICKS TO YOU!!! of course jant and Denise:)) LOB YOU!!!
THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART-FOREVER THANK YOU!!

Both were not healthy enough for full flea treatment(Advantage)when I went an got them-well today they were:)) so they are fully de fleaed now to- a good thing:)
(Advantage has the off-gassing remember; it treats the environment as well as the pet)...
SO:)))))
The beautiful Deb in her beautiful car with the beautiful bunnies that she "tightened" her front seat with just a button and that "locked" the pet carrier safely to the back -the buns in their bed of 4 different hays and a water bottle after being out in the bun run playing--which was the most room they have ever been able to enjoy and kick up their little heals...
There they go:(((
Bless you all!!

I have posted on bunderground, bunspace and emailed everyone I know along that general route to see if I can find help. Mike Scone offered to do a leg in NY so I edited the original post (which I will do as I find people to fill the legs). Seniorcats also offered to house them overnight near OH so if I can find someone to get them from her Sunday (she is recovering from surgery) then that will be a go.
I'll be PMing all OH, PA and NY member soon so hopefully we can get this thing worked out!

You are making progress! The bunnies are doing well here, even making strides toward litter box training! They better not stay here too long, or I may not let them go! (yeah, right, and DH would be gone! lol!)

Found someone on Bunspace in Buffalo to pick them up in Erie Sat night and then take them to meet Mike in the morning!

PLEASE Ohioans come forward and help transport. Even if you can only drive a short distance, it would help. Can you recruit a charity-minded, rescue-minded friend to help transport? Perhaps you have friends or family who would be moved by the spirit of Chanukah/ Christmas/Eid to help transport?

I have been honored to have participated in a number of transports across Ohio over the last 3 years. This time I can't do it because of this done to bothmy right and left knee:

Staples!!+9-2-9.jpg

9772W.jpg

It's always difficult to get any one to transport around the Cleveland area to the PA border. I know we have members in Ohio so I am pleading for someone to step forward and help. This adorable couple can stay at our house, south of Cleveland overnight or even longer, but I simply cannottransport right now or in the immediate future.

Please volunteer even if it's for a short distance! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

Deb..does that work for you? Would you be able to bring them to me Friday evening? If not we can do Saturday morning, but I thouht this would help cut down on the time they have to be in the car Saturday.

OH (cant breathe)OH thank you
REading posts took breath away...
OH JUST thank you THANK YOU:))
SeniorCATS PLease heal...PLEASE be OK:))) I will keep u close in prayer cus you KICK BUNNY BOTTOM BUTT!! in helping them get better!NOW dear YOU get better:))

oh seniorcats, i wanted to pass out seeing that pic , i have a thing with knees,lol. I hope you heal fast, it looks mighty painful

I am in Ohio but live on the far southwest side of Columbus. I always keep a look out for transports or overnight requests in my area or close by and would like to help when possible.

BB
Cyn

I can do Fri.p.m. I can do Sat. a.m. also. They seemed to do ok in the car, I think it was the bumpy ride when I carried them up the stairs in their carrier that freaked them out! lol!

Just tell me when and where.

Sounds good. Im hoping Friday you can bring them out because they will be in the car for a very long time already on Saturday. Do they have food coming with them? What about a litterbox and bowls? I need to send stuff for the person who is housing them overnight.
I also had someone offer to do the Syracuse to Albany leg..just working things out.
Now if I could just find some help in Ohio!!

OH How is the bunnies doing Debbie?
And you?
How is Hershey doing and taking things....I am sure he can smell the 2 little girls in his home:(
Deb I hope you all are doing the very best...I think about you all and the bunnies every single day; well, I sure miss them. I am now questioning my abil;ity in rescue after Mr.Biggie yesterday went to the vets-he was so sick that one test outcome may recommend putting him down-I cant do that. I filled him full of safe pain drugs and have him on injectable baytril and subque fluids but I am one hurting little puppy here...I CANNOT PUT BIGGIE DOWN!!
I am praying the ANT kick in...if he has any improvement by tomorrow we will keep the ANT going full force until therapy runs its course but if not...

Latest posts

Back