TRANSPORT: MI to MN- RESOLVED

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sometime today or tomorrow Ill try to work on times and meeting points.

If you guys are familiar with the areas, please send me a PM or email to [email protected]

Im guessing some of you are more familiar with the Chicago/Milwaukee/Madison areas and could suggest somewhere (like a McDonalds) right near the expressway to meet?

Hiya, its me the very humbled Christine :bunnieskiss
I wanted to let everyone doing this transport know that I will have Emmy and Chess within a carrier that is big enough to fit a GermanShepard dog....:anotherbun
They will have everything they need within the confines of this carrier...PLENTY of hay...it will be a bed of hay for them as I have found the others I bring on short trips feel comfy with LOTSA HAY ALL AROUND them. I willl have a waterbottle on the outside and a pellet "holder" with Kaytee "Exact" and pellets in it. All will be securely fastened down(except Em and Chessy) . I was gonna send their toys and chew things but gosh I do not want to make this any more difficult for anyone by having an extra bag of "stuff" though I may fasten something to their carrier if that is ok. Please use the seatbelt on the handle of their carrier if possibel(?)as I am a worry wart but...Please know VERY SPECIAL PEOPLE that :magicwand:
I have put you ALL in God's capable hands:biggrin2:
Feel free to let ME know any good ideas for their travels, ok?

Yeah thats one thing I would suggest- make sure the carrier can fit in the cars :)Usually the large cat carriers are big enough for two bunnies. They tend to just sleep the whole way anyway so they dont move around much.

Also, you might want to just include a bottle or a bowl and a bottle of water. Ive used water bottles before attached to carriers and they tend to leak a lot. Maybe check it when you get them in and see how it is. If its leaking we can always have each person give them some water when they are at each meeting point.

Another great idea is to soak some veggies (like carrots, lettuce etc) in water the night before. That should help keep the bunnies hydrated on their trip.

They'll be in good hands ;)

Ok I will measure the carrier today and post it for sure....I have the veges chosen with the highest water content and will soak them too. I will make sure I have a water bottle that does not leak as well(being a rescue I have many many WB's and will find a good and functional one and test it before using it for Sunday). Oh and please let me know where I am to be and what time in Lowell Sunday morning...Well, sadly my time with Emma and Chester is growing near a close but Mammit and LuLu are already over Jill's and thankfully got their first new day to a bright life yesterday!! Both got to stretch their legs and run free for the first time in months literally! Both got fresh veges but just a little and today will get a bite of banana for what I am sure is the first time! Both are on FLUFFY BEDS OF HAY with wood pellets for a potty and hay covering those as well(a bunnys favorite place and way to potty) and got much family LOVE and interaction last night from Jill and her 2 children!! Here is Mammit:
http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=9805090
in his new picture Jill took, oh so pretty and LuLu:
http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=9397173
so you all....Your help has allowed these 2 THEIR LIVES!!!! There is no greater thing. Again many thanks!

Hi you guys!!! First and foremost whoever edited the first post and put Emma and Chester's pictures there THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! Maybe you would also post a picture of the other bunnys whose lives you've saved...? YOU ALL HAVE BEEN 100% INSTRUMENTAL in keeping beloved little Mammit and LuLu ALIVE, do you all realize how indebted I am to you for your help with this? Words could NEVER bestow my very sincere gratitude...Please know that these 2 innocent bunnys would be put down by now if it was not for all of you helping CritterCafeRescue like this...please know that the 2 bunnys you helped me save are safely at Jill's house running around happily in her living room enjoying fresh greens for the very first time in a long time and in Mam's case, possibly the first time ever! Since he is not fixed yet she gave him a stuffed animal to "play" with :shock: :D
I always give the new bunnys here at stuffed animal too... She sent me a picture of him with it inside his cage that she leaves open so he can get back to his comfort zone as needed, he was happily laying next to it.....SO cute..
He probably thinks he has died and went to Heaven I told Jill!! LuLu was on the other hand, WAS somebunnys house pet...she was dumped off outside the Humane Society of Muskegon County in the freezing snow with a note attached on the box with her name by some really stupid person not knowing that the HS here in Muskegon is a HUGE KILLING FEILD that has no remorse(I dont know how they can even be called a Humane Society)...as of right now today I have all the guinea pigs and bunnys out of there but will continue going back often to keep it this way. There is still many many dogs and cats and birds...I am working on helping them too :(
Well, ok, I went and bought the carrier just now, way later that I thought as I wanted to have the measurements posted by now for everyone! Last night of course a guinea pig thing happened so I am late sharing this info with you...gosh and I hope there will not be any problems with the size of Emma and Chester's carrier.....The carrier is 23 and 1/2 inches tall and 18inches wide and 29inches long. Probably would fit a smaller lab dog....is this gonna be ok for everyone's cars???Please let me know as I have a shed full of carriers but I think this larger one will be more comfy for them both for this many hours of being confined....and it will allow them to be together too which is important as they never have been apart from one another really. Ok, I am waiting to hear from you on where I need to take them in the morning and what time I need to arrive. I know we talked about me meeting the other driver named GolfDiva in Holland as it will shorten up the trip for the bunnys some? Ok let me know...AGAIN ALL MY THANKS TO EVERYONE, I am truly so very humbled. Sincerely, Christine and all the beloved Critters at the Cafe

ok Im waiting to hear back from Golfdiva (Deb) to see if she will meet in Holland but heres the tentative schedule. I will email exact meeting places along with names and contact info in a minute:

9:00 EST to 10:00 EST - Muskegon, MI-Holland, MI *Christine

10:15 EST to 10:45 CST- Holland, MI - Michigan City, IN *Deb

NOTE: The trip begins in Eastern Time Zone and switches to Central in Michigan City!

11:00 to 1:15 - Michigan City- Lake Forest, IL *Dawn

1:30 to 2:45- Lake Forest,IL - Milwaukee, WI *Cara

3:00 to 4:30- Milwaukee WI - Madison,WI*Claire

4:45 to 7:00- Madison WI- Dakota MN*Matt and Tessa

MapImage

Note that each arrival time should be the "meeting" time. Ive allowed 15 minutes at each stop for moving the bunnies to the new car, making sure they are situated etc.

OK we're all set for tomorrow! Sending lots of prayers to everyone involved. Thank you all so much for doing this. I know Christine and the new guardians, Matt and Tessa, are all so grateful for all the help. These two bunnies are very lucky that there are so many dedicated and caring people in this world.

Oh, and as per Christine's request, heres a few pictures of the two bunnies who she was able to save because Chester and Emma are heading to their new home.

Mammit, a french lop?:

MI575.9805090-3-x.jpg

and Lulu, minirex:

MI575.9397173-1-x.jpg

Im sure if these two could speak, they would be thanking everyone immensely :biggrin2:

OH MY GOSH!!! Look at that::))) Arent you all so VERY proud?? Look at these pretty bunnys...They make me so very happy. Gosh...Mammit needs some weight put on him but is otherwise healthy and little mini Rex Lu is healthy(though both need TLC and good fresh greens/quality pellets and hay and ROOM TO RUN)...
I just am so thankful. This experience has made the" fire under my bottom" even hotter to rescue and help animals but bunnys are TUGGING at my HEARTSTRINGS SO MUCH being the 3rd most frequent in need of adoption !!! I am trying right now to open a spay and neuter clinic that is low OR NO cost...We just got the incorperation(INC) and EIN# My part in it is too get BUNNYS included in the equation...see everybunny knows there are rescues and shelters everywhere for doggies and cats...bunnys now though, the numbers are staggering and we need to HELP get the situation better, and not worse! Gosh, I live for the day that every bunny and pet has a forever home, love and vetting...I 'll work towards it though I know it is futile... I will just keep trying, one by one....I hope all of you do too. Thanks so very much. I am Christine of the CritterCafe Rescue. YOU ALL are welcome here at any time, and know that if you know of somebunny that needs my help in this area....I AM HERE!!!! I will move the Heavens to help you as you have me::)) and Emma and Chester, beloved bunnys. God bless, please have a great and SAFE trip and enjoy seeing these bunnys-they are so beautiful, such a beautiful pair:) Tessa, I know you will LOVE them and take good care of them but as in all adoptions look for Critter Sitters to do homechecks in the future so "the books" for the CritterCafe are updated properly. Thanks and God bless you all, Christine

:cry4:Aw, this is so sweet, it's making me cry!

What an awesome bunch!

As always, SPECIAL kudos to Haley, even more so 'cause she's beenbeen handling all this in face ofadversity! :crash

(And thanks toLeaf, Jill and all the transporters, you guys are just TOO awesome!) :hug1

sas :hearts

Thanks guys. Its easier when its in your area (I do best with Midwest area transports) because you can develop contacts a lot easier. Im best with Midwest states and transports out through PA. :)

Do we have any updates yet? Im hoping all the meeting locations worked out as some of them I just googled and hoped they were in the right area!

Im so anxious to hear how its going!

What a wonderful organizer you are, Haley. Ditto. Hoping to hear how Emma and Chester and the Rescue Crew are doing. Cloudy skies here, no snow for route legs is good.

Hiya, and gosh me too...I cant wait to hear...I got off at the right time this morning and then went to far but Deb had a GPS tracker and found me within 20 minutes, BAWLING LIKE A BABY!!!! I am such an egghead and seem to be geographically challenged for sure...Well, she said we were still on time though and gave me a bunch of hugs ...We loaded the calm and seemingly happy bunnys and off she went and me too... I am now trying to get things cleaned up to bring home Mammit and Lulu...gosh though I will be watching/checking emails like a hawk and cant wait to hear that "their home"...Gosh you all thanks so very much again....talk back in a while BUNNY NOSE BUMPS to you(my new favorite saying):biggrin2:

Hi everyone,

I finished my leg at 3:00, but I had some errands to run. Dawn and I were both early to Lake Forest so I was early back to Milwaukee and got to spend some time with Chester and Emma.

They are doing great and are SOOO cute!! They sat up in the front of the carrier so they weren't huddeling nervously in the back or anything. When I opened the carrier door they both stuck their noses out to see what was going on. Emma was pretty much ready to hop right out.

They immediately hunkered down for petting and got about 10-15 minutes of head and ear rubs. They were totally calm and sweet. My buns have always been very small (2 lbs) so these two just seemedso big and squishy and cuddly! Chester had a goofy hairdo because the water bottle must have been dripping on his head. It was spikey and so cute. However, I dried him off so he wouldn't get a chill.

Latest posts

Back