TRANSPORT: MI to MN- RESOLVED

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm pretty confused now too. I am able to help if someone from Muskegan can get the bunnies to a northern Chicago suburb or to Milwaukee, I can get them to Madison to meet the new owner. Feel free to PM me if it would help.

Cara

Sorry to make this so confusing! jordiwes has it right, two basic legs of the trip. Wheream I willing topick these babies up, as far is someone can and is willing to get them. Madison would be WONDERFUL... however, if Chicago is all the further we can get them, then I'll go there. Does that make more sence?? I just don't want to come off as... unwilling, ungreatful... if someone can only get them to Chicago area I'm not going to say, "well then forget it, you didn't get them to Madison!" :) Thanks to all AGAIN!! :-D

Sorry guys, I usually handle this stuff and Ive been away on vacation. Usually what I do is get a yahoo map from the start to end points and then mark the major cities that are about 1-2 hours apart and try to find people in those areas.

Jordiwes mapped it out great! The hard part is finding someone to do Muskegon to Chicago area. Weve had trouble getting buns transported out that way. Once theyre to the Chicago area its easy. In fact, we have a few members in the area there would Im sure would house them for a night or two if need be.

I'll keep trying to find someone in MI to help. Christine, have you asked around to people you know out that way who might be able to help?

Ok you bunny loving wonderful people...because I have the rescue and many cages

and adoptions going on as well as trying to get this transport acomplished I am

asking a friend that is very detail orientated to step in and help me coordinate this .

As I said, I've never done it, though it is on my mind to the point I had a dream

that I sat down and made the "legs" coordinating this entire trip successfully

myself::)) I just dont have the time with so many animals in the house here to

properly care for, the senior's sanctuary and all the other things mentioned above

too. Her name is Jill...and I think she will jump onboard to get this thing locked into

reality to get these bunnys to their new home and save beloved Mammit and LuLu

too(all of their sexy bunderful pictures are at petfinder http://www.CCCandR.petfinder.org)

....I just figured out I cant do it all, darn it!Thanks everyone...so very much in helping

this rescue achieve this....just thanks so much::)) Christine

PS. I wish I had time to

put a picture here like you guys!!
ALL OF YOUR bunnys are so cute and so very special:biggrin2:

Hi everyone, I'm not only new to the thread but new to the group. Christine enlisted my help in getting the transport of her precious babies to MN. She is so excited over this and can't wait to save the next two. The sooner we can get them transported, the sooner the next two can get out of 'jail'.

So, I just wanted to introduce myself. I will be checking back in and doing more when I get home from work today.

THANKS!

Jill

[suB]Hi everyone...I have finally gotten a chance to look this thread over more closely. Here is what I am seeing:[/suB]

[suB]CMH9023 is willing to travel...maybe we can get a leg to the northern Chicago area as she suggested, then Leaf can pick up in Milwaukee to bring to Madison where we_ love_bunnies will pick up their new babies? [/suB]

[suB]So what we are lacking then, would be Muskegon to Northern Chicago. [/suB]

[suB]Could be split up as follows:[/suB]

[suB]Muskegon to South Haven (or St Joseph)[/suB]

[suB]South Haven (or St Joseph) to Northern Chicago. [/suB]

[suB]From there, CMH9023 could pick them up at specified place, transport back to Milwaukee where Leaf could get them to bring back to Madison. In Madison, we_ love_bunnies would pick up their precious new cargo. [/suB]

[suB]Anyone in Chicago who would like to help out? I am positive we can get the leg out from Muskegon with no issues. [/suB]

[suB]Jill[/suB]

Hi Jill! :welcome1

Oooh, bad timing! Haley usually emails all the members in the needed area and generally coordinates her little (well BIG) heart out, but she's having computer issues.

However, our new(ish) co-Mod, Leaf, is helping out. :) She's currently putting together a new rescue and transport map, so that will tie in nicely!

I'm sure it will all work out, just keep us updated!

Good luck!

sas :goodluck

EDIT 2: I'm having computer issues myself, only seeing half the posts!

jordiwes wrote:
Yup, I think this trip can be divided in two basic legs:

Muskegon - Chicago (approx 3 hours each way)

Chicago - Madison (approx 2 hours each way)

Perhaps the Muskegon leg can be divied up (at South Bend or Kalamazoo)?

This really is a GOOD starting point.

The rabbits are originating in Muskegon MN. How far out is Christine going to drive them out? Where she stops to meet the first driver will be the starting location I need.

I'd consider first:

cmh9023 wrote:
I could definitely help from Milwaukee to Madison. Or, I could meet in a northern suburb of Chicago. Keep me in the loop if it doesn't work out with with Tonyshuman :)

Cara
Because she is more familiar with that route than I am which could be much easier on the rabbits in case of an emergency.

Muskegon - Chicago ... Are you in St Louis County or Crow Wing County?

Chicago - Milwaukee (1 hour and 41 minutes 91.76 miles)

Milwaukee - Madison (1 hour and 25 minutes79.16 miles)

Sorry Leaf, I must have mis-understood from a prior post, thinking you would be willing to travel to Milwaukee.

I haven't gotten a hold of Christine, I plan on speaking with her Sunday afternoon for sure, but I don't know if I will be hearing from her tonight (Saturday night)yet or not.

I can't wait to see how all this unfolds. You guys ROCK!

:trio

Jill

Leaf - I, myself am in Muskegon, MI with Christine. The soon to be new owners of Emma and Chester are from Dakota MN.

How does this route look?

Muskegon MI-St Joseph MI (1 hour and 30 minutes 87.47 miles) *rescue to drive

St Joseph MI- Chicago IL(1 hour and 46 minutes 96.77 miles)

Chicago IL - Milwaukee WI (1 hour and 41 minutes 91.76 miles)

Milwaukee WI - Madison WI(1 hour and 25 minutes79.16 miles) *FILLED cmh9023
Madison WI- Dakota MN (2 hours, 29 minutes 147.78 miles) FILLED

Am I the "Pending" person for Milwaukee to Madison? Also, keep in mind I could also do the Chicago to Milwaukee leg if necessary if the rabbitscould get as far as Lake Forest (a Chicago suburb).

cmh9023 wrote:
Am I the "Pending" person for Milwaukee to Madison? Also, keep in mind I could also do the Chicago to Milwaukee leg if necessary if the rabbitscould get as far as Lake Forest (a Chicago suburb).

It is you I had in mind when I posted it as pending. Could I definantly put you down as that leg of the trip?

It's up to you about the other leg (Chicago - Milwaukee) but if you would be willing to commit to it the *only* leg we'd have to look into would be the

St Joseph MI-Lake ForestIL route(2 hours, 23 minutes 127.43 miles)if we were to change it.

Sorry guys, laptop problems so Im without a computer for a while!

The main problem is the MI to Chicago area part. Ive tried to do transports before in these areas and have had no luck, especially out on the western part of the state.

If anyone has time, you can click on the word Michigan in my profile and it will show you a list of all members in MI. Then copy and paste those usernames into a Private Message and send a plea asking for help with a transport.

My internet time is limited unfortunately :(

You can definitely put me as a Definitely from Milwaukee to Madison. And, if it turns out to be of help, I can go to Lake Forest to pick them up.

Cara

You guys are awesome!

Should I go onto the acme pet transport site and see if I can get help from St Joe to Chicago and Chicago to Milwaukee legs? Or something else? I am so new to this, and you guys are such a great help! Me and Christine and Emma and Chester are very grateful!

Jill

Heres a map for visual reference:

MapImage

If anyone has any connections, please crosspost asking for help with the St Joseph (you should probably say Benton Harbor or Niles, MI since those are more familiar locations) to Chicago legs.

I'll work on PMing members now in MI and IL. I got a little derailed working on an urgent rescue :)

Good work so far, guys!

Im PMing members in MI/IN/IL who I think might be able to help.

Just to clarify, Cara, if we cant get anyone to do Chicago-Milwaukee you would be willing to do the entire Chicago-Madison trip?

Im trying very hard to find two people in the Chicago area- one to go east to meet someone near Benton Harbor and one to go west to meet Cara near Milwaukee.

EDIT: I just remembered Tonyshuman is in Madison and said she could drive but didnt want to go to Chicago bc of traffic, etc.

Cara, if she will helpwith this,could you go down to Chicago and pick them up and bring them back to Milwaukee...and Tonyshuman could you meet Cara in Milwaukee and bring them back to Madison with you??

Latest posts

Back