TRANSPORT: MI to MN- RESOLVED

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

christinelea1

Reaction score
I am trying to find transport for 2 lovely fully vetted bunnys named Emma and Chester. They are a bonded pair, she is a FlemishGiant, he is a mini French lop.

MI575.9190308-2-x.jpg

I have approved an application, checked references, personal and vet references for the new family. I am trying to plan a Jan.12 or 13 trip for them. The new owners are willing to meet in Madison Wisconsin.

Please call or email me if you can help(231-773-6430)[email protected]. Please see all of the adoptable pets here at http://www.CCCandR.petfinder.com
PS...In helping get these 2 precious darlings to their new home, we will be saving 2 more...I will then have room to save 2 more bunnys from certain euthanasia!!

THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!!

Edited to add a picture of these gorgeous bunnies we're helping :)

christinelea1 wrote:
I am trying to find transport for 2 lovely fully vetted bunnys named Emma and Chester. They are a bonded pair, she is a FlemishGiant, he is a mini French lop. I have approved an application, checked references, personal and vet references for the new family. I am trying to plan a Jan.12 or 13 trip for them. The new owners are willing to meet in Madison Wisconsin. Please call or email me if you can help(231-773-6430)[email protected]. Please see all of the adoptable pets here at http://www.CCCandR.petfinder.com
PS...In helping get these 2 precious darlings to their new home, we will be saving 2 more...I will then have room to save 2 more bunnys from certain euthanasia!!
I sure hope you get them where they need to go! Good luck!

So where exactly do you need transport from? Have you set up any other legs of the trip? I know some members that might be able to help. I could in a pinch but I'm out of the way for your transport. I'll pm a few and give them a link to this thread.

I have never done this before so no I dont have any "legs" yet::((...I am in Muskegon Michigan with the bunnys here at the rescue, 3959 Bobby Lane(zip49442), my phone number is 231-773-6430-I am Christine. The drivers will need to meet the adoptors in Madison Wisconsin on either the 12th or the 13th whichever works out for all of the drivers. The adoptors name is Tessa and she will agree to talk with anyone as well as me who can help us both with this...this is a great home for Emma and Chessy....and it will open up and save Mammit and LuLu's lives!!! ANY help, ideas, suggestions are WELCOMED!!!!

thank you naturestee for alerting me to this thread. (Just got involved in answering a rescue request from another shelter in WI.)

I wonder if cmh9028 is lurking?
Cara lives in the Milwaukee area.
Perhaps other RO members are in the transport line?

We have obligations planned for that weekend although maybe we could do a short leg of the trip on Sunday? TBD, I'll check with my husband. From Milwaukee to Madison "leg" would be fine with us, if all other options come up blank. Still to check with SRR spouse Karl.

I'm sure happy to hear Emma and Chester have a fabulous home awaiting them!!

i may need to drive a friend from chicagoland to madison that weekend. so i could maybe do that leg of the trip. please let me know if you need me to do that, so i can arrange with the person i'd be driving from chicago to madison!:biggrin2:

Julie, I've already pm'd Cara just in case. I also sent a pm to Haley since some of the people she knows from Midwest RR seem to travel to Chicago a lot, and I've pm'd some of our Chicago members. There's enough members in this area that we *should* be able to work this out.

Oh, and welcome to the forum Christine!

Oh my gosh...You guys are awesome! I am so excited:)though I will be very VERY sad to see Emmy and Chessypoo go.The adoptor, Tessa will be joining here as I just emailed her on whats happening and told her that she needs to be part to know what all is happening with this FUNCTIONING group!!!I had posted to so many places for help and just was turned down flat!! I dont know if I can name names but one of them just simply was unwilling to help in any way...I have never done this as I said so I may be "green" in areas for sure....and well, I LOVE MY BUNNYS and want only the best for all of them!!Just because this is a rescue does not mean that I dont fall hopelessly in love with each and every one that comes here! Thanks so much for the welcome!!

This is Tessa!

Thank you all sooo much for taking part in this, it truly warms my heart that ppl who don't even know me or these bunnies would do this:) Chicago to Madison would be such a BIG help... We're so very, very excited to be getting these two cuties:) Can't wait to have them as a part of our family!!

I will ask around and see if I can find anyone to help get them out that way. Im in Florida right now so internet time is limited but I'll send out some emails tomorrow.

These bunnies are so lucky!

PS. Welcome Christine and Tessa!

I could definitely help from Milwaukee to Madison. Or, I could meet in a northern suburb of Chicago. Keep me in the loop if it doesn't work out with with Tonyshuman :)

Cara

I'm still waiting to hear from my "human cargo" that I'd need to pick up in Chicago, so if he doesn't want/need the ride from Chicago to Madison, I probably wouldn't be able to take the bunnies. I'll let you know as soon as he gets back to me...

once again i wish a) my car was more reliable and b) i lived in a place that i could help with this transport.

i just wanted to say hey christine, this is katie, the girl who was emailing you about the rattie!

wanted to say you will love this board, and you should post in the introduction thread to tell everyone about your rescue!!!

So my friend isn't travelling that weekend.:( That means I can't help out (unless ABSOLUTELY necessary, and I can maybe rustle up a co-pilot). I would like to have a co-pilot for the drive (ie a brawny man I know in real life, because you can never be too safe when dealing with the internets/driving in Chicago) and the friend I was picking up would have been that. :( I'm sorry.

cmh9023, will you be able to help with that leg of the trip?

You can probably play with and modify this route to your needs:

Day 1

Start: Barrington Hills, IL

Leg 1: Barrington Hills to Madison WI (via I-90)
10:30 am to 12:30 pm (120 miles)

Leg 2: Madison WI to Minneapolis
1:00 pm to 5:30 pm
allowing 30 minutes to transfer pets

(this transport was split)

Day 2

Leg 1: Chicago to Madison
9:30 to 11:30 a.m.

Leg 2: Madison to Black River Falls
12:00 to 2:15

Leg 3: Black River Falls to Minneapolis
2:45 to 4:00

I'm off to work, sorry I can't offer more right now.

Too bad it's off-season, the Lake Express Ferry goes directly from Muskegon to Milwaukee :)

I'm still available to help. The closer they could get to Milwaukee the better, but I could go as far as the Lake Forest Oasis if necessary. I've got to sign off for the night but I'll check in tomorrow from work.

I am actually really confused on what "Leaf" is talking about:) I am really green at this, sorry! I keep hearing Madison toMilwaukee... that's out of the way for everyone. And then stuff about the Twin Cities... then you've passed me:) I live in Dakota, MN.The main part of the trip in from Muskegon to Chicago area... Madison if we're lucky! MapQuest it and then it's more clear... I'm a visual person:) Lets keep working on it:) I'm excited about these babies:)

we_love_bunnies! wrote:
I am actually really confused on what "Leaf" is talking about

The title of the thread says transport help is needed from MI - MN

christinelea1 wrote:
I have never done this before so no I dont have any "legs" yet: ...ANY help, ideas, suggestions are WELCOMED!!!!
I'm trying to at minimum offer possible route ideas that you guys can modify to suite your needs. Hopefully we can get something worked out ASAP. :biggrin2:

christinelea1 wrote:

I am in Muskegon Michigan with the bunnys here at the rescue...I am Christine.

Christine, how far are you planning on driving the bunnies in order to get the transport started?

christinelea1 wrote:
The new owners are willing to meet in Madison Wisconsin.
Is this definant?

Does that mean the route should actually be from MI-WI, instead of from MI-MN like the topic of the thread indicates?

we_love_bunnies! wrote:
I live in Dakota, MN.The main part of the trip in from Muskegon to Chicago area...

Now I'm even more confused. Should we be trying to help you get the rabbits from Michigan toIllinois instead of any of the other mentioned destinations?

Iam more than happy to work out a route as best as I can but I need to know a definant start and stop place. Right nowthere seems to be some confusion as to the actual start/stop of the trip needed but I'm sure we can get it sorted out. We'd love to see the bunnies make it to their new home!

:stork:

Back