TRANSPORT- Chicago Ridge Rabbits (IL) RESOLVED

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so sorry it happened like that. Hugs to the little ones who are still left.

BlueFrog,

The little black bunny that is still there, is that the one that had the home at the beginning of the thread? The one that the lady dropped off while you were there?

myheart

The poor little guy didn't get adopted? Am I going to have to ask about him again to get him adopted? This time it worked for the rex, so maybe we should try it for him one more time. How is he doing? Is he still eating and drinking? Does he seem upset or frustrated, or is he being sad and lonely? One can't help but feel the worst for those who had nice homes and end up in a small shelter cage awaiting their fate. Poor little tyke... Does he have until Wednesday of next week again?

myheart

myheart, I'd say his attitude is more sad than depressed. He's definitely still eating and drinking, at any rate. Not much room to move in his current cage, so even if he were feeling ebullient, there'd be little way for him to express it. Not the shelter's fault - there's so many rabbits and no room.

Work your magic for me, will you please? Get this bun into the good home he deserves!

(While you're at it, that REW mini rex is just a little doll face. I can't believe no one has snatched her up yet!)

These poor rabbits..

I wish I lived closer to take a few - I really can't stand the thought of what would happen because that special person didn't come soon enough =[

I received an e-mail from Jan at HRS. She said that had she known and had someone to 'work with her', she would be able to help. Have at it Bluefrog. Let's see how much she can help as long as the offer is out there. She can be reached at [email protected] .

How wonderful of her to offer to take these in. Can't wait to hear how many she accommodates. :)

Thats great news! Which HRS is Jan affliliated with? Im making a mental note since its difficult to find help in Chicago.

And Bluefrog, do you have an email we can give to people as a contact if we find anyone else willing to help?Would yourather people contact you about the rabbits directly rather than the shelter?

http://www.rabbit.org/hrs-info/contacts.html#Illinois - (shows the contacts for the HRS chapters in Illinois)
Here's the HRS information. Bluefrog, you can contact Jan for instructions on her specific procedure to follow. She prefers pictures before any are pulled and then she'll let you know which she can take if she has room. As you know, I haven't been able to be involved with the rabbits there in months, so it'd be best to contact her direct.

Haley wrote:
And Bluefrog, do you have an email we can give to people as a contact if we find anyone else willing to help?Would yourather people contact you about the rabbits directly rather than the shelter?

Thanks Lori!

I shouldve been more clear here- I meant does Bluefrog have a direct email address instead of people contacting Chicago Ridge directly (wasnt sure if they would be good about working with other rescues and she seems to be on top of it!)

I agree Haley. Bluefrog can do the pulling for HRSJan or other rescues if need be. She's definitely our 'go to' person first. I'm sure she'll be along to post her own e-mail, right Bluefrog?! :biggrin2:

Anyone who would like my email address is more than welcome to P.M. me for it. I will be very happy to pull rabbits for individuals and rescues as long as everyone understands that the shelter is a good hour's drive each way from me, and that due to health issues (both human and rabbit), I can't hold rabbits at my house for any period of time. It will be absolutely essential that if someone commits to a rabbit and I pull it for them, they absolutely must follow through. I've already experienced this problem with a rabbit rescue and the fallout nearly ended my rescue work for all species right then and there.

I have contacted Jan, and will be sending her a list after my weekly visit so she can direct adopters seeking specific types to the shelter, and/or pull rabbits directly when foster space permits. HRS is currently completely full.

Getting to meet bluefrog when we coordinated a pick-up point for Poofy Underpants Kate - and the enthusiastic offers, strength and teamwork of RO members:) angieluv, cmh, naturestee, myheart again acknowledges the amazing things this forum is capable of doing !! ~
I am continually astounded at the generosity and extension of care RO participants display throughout threads and topic sections. :)

BlueFrog wrote:
(While you're at it, that REW mini rex is just a little doll face. I can't believe no one has snatched her up yet!)
What type of personality does this littleone have (REW rex)? I wonder if she could be a good candidate for Naturestee's Fey to bond with? She seemed interested in dating the red rex if I would have fostered her. She is already used to the pink eyes because of Oberon, so she understands their limited vision.

We have to work on getting that little black guy out!!! No room to move goes against my grain. Personally, I think Katie's area is too small and she has most of my upstairs to play in. Would he make a good bonding candidate as far as you can tell?

myheart

The mini rex girl seems very sweet and, for lack of a better word, gentle. Definitely not shy - she's one of the first to the cage bars to ask for scritches - more .... ladylike & refined, perhaps? She clearly wants love and attention, but she's polite about asking for it (unlike, say, Cassidy or Copperfield, who have no manners whatsoever when it comes to demanding attention from their human slaves!) She was very bonded to the Hotot-mix she arrived with who has subsequently been adopted, so clearly she likes the companionship of other buns. I hated seeing them split up, but under the circumstances, was grateful at least the Hotot-ish found a home.

As for bonding the black rabbit to other buns, that I have no idea about. As far as I know he has always been an only rabbit. I haven't seen any signs of aggression toward the other intact males he's been caged next to, if that counts for anything. Size-wise, he's a nice match for Katie Poofy Underpants (maybe a shade bigger, but not by a lot), and would require a lot less grooming! :biggrin2:

I sent a PM to Naturestee about the REW mini rex to make sure she catches the post you have just made. Hmmmm... bonded with a Hotot mix and Fey is a Hotot.... Imagine the coincidence of that happening...?

myheart

Soooo tempting. But Myheart, only take a foster if you want to. Remember that I'm trying Jazzy (foster mama) and Dolla (fuzzy lop at shelter)first. If neither of those work out then we'll see. But it'll be a while because I have that babies for another month still.

And actually if Zappa hits puberty before being adopted and before we find a friend for Fey, James wants to try him. I'm getting quite the list worked out!:p

BlueFrog wrote:
As far as I know he has always been an only rabbit. I haven't seen any signs of aggression toward the other intact males he's been caged next to, if that counts for anything. Size-wise, he's a nice match for Katie Poofy Underpants (maybe a shade bigger, but not by a lot), and would require a lot less grooming! :biggrin2:
Actually, depending on Fudgie's (from CatNap)personality and whether or not he could be split from his friend, I think he would be a nice match for Katie. I think they would look great together--like bookends. lol :pIf Katie does stay, I would take this little guy in a heart-beat.

The kitty, Angel (white w/ blue eyes), is tempting also, but I am at my kitty limit (3) as far as the city ordinances go.

As always, let me know what you need...

myheart

I just heard from AWL that they've gotten in five new rabbits, "all lop ears and over two." :cry2 I've also been strongly encouraged to come get my speutered rabbits ASAP. More details when I have them.

Latest posts

Back