TRANSPORT- Chicago Ridge Rabbits (IL) RESOLVED

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Orange Lop:

Photos868.jpg

SOOOSKA, would you believe that white mini-rex(ish) has been at the shelter for ages, even after being featured in a newspaper ad? She's even sweeter than she is pretty, too.

Leaf, it's so good to see them again. Today has been so long it feels like I left for Chicago Ridge a lifetime ago. I wish all of you the very best!

Please post a picture of the Cinnamon which I did not know was available!!!! I could have just missed out on my next heart-bunny... :(

I am so happy spoiled black bunny was on the transport!!!:DI was hoping beyond hope that he was. Thank you BlueFrog for including him.

myheart

That photo of the third REW is a winner! Catnap was calling him a "dwarf mix" but I can't believe that's right. He has a lovely spayed sister at the shelter still awaiting a forever home... and a not-so-nice recently neutered brother, too. They all came from a neglect situation earlier this spring and are relatively young. Leaf, his paperwork is in the transporter's bag I sent with the bunnies.

(What, you didn't think I was going to take a breather from promoting needy rabbits, did you? :biggrin2:)

As for the cinnamon, myheart, I didn't know you were looking for one! He was a brand spanking new arrival, wasn't even there on Wednesday. Just a youngster, too. No idea what his story is, except that Bellapsyd insisted he go to Leaf (and of course she had to twist my arm very very hard to convince me.... not).

Congratulations everyone on a transport well done!:bunnydance::highfive:

I was almost involved in a leg ot it, so, makes me mega happy it all worked out and everyone is safe.:)

All the buns are just gorgeous!

Thank you to everyone who helped with the transport!:bunnydance::highfive:

plan on posting my pics ASAP...had a bunny emergency. Right after I got home from my leg of the trip, I noticed a large growth on my Chester's chest/armpit. Took him into emergency. It must be fast growing since he had a check-up 2 weeks ago and nothing was noticed! Please keep him in your thoughts. He goes in for his "pre-surgical" apt. tomorrow and surgery on wednesday.

BlueFrog wrote:
SOOOSKA, would you believe that white mini-rex(ish) has been at the shelter for ages, even after being featured in a newspaper ad? She's even sweeter than she is pretty, too.
Wasthe rexfeatured in "The Reporter" newspaper? I used to work for them as designer and remember them doing a Pet of the Week. They were always doing dogs an cats from AWL and I was the one to convince them to put in rabbits and to do that Easter story about adopting rabbits as well. :)

And bellapsyd, I hope Chester is doing ok. I'll be thinking of him and sending good vibes!

And great job to everyone on the transport. I'm sure those bunnies are super sweet. My two guys from AWL were so friendly when I adopted them. They are the biggest snuggle bunnies. And funny thing, unlike my purchased bunny, my AWL guys LIKE dogs. They aren't afraid of them at all; probably because they were used to seeing them around the back room.

Bellapsyd

Sending get well soon bunny vibes and prayers your way. I hope your bunny is okay soon!!

:pray:

bellapsyd wrote:
plan on posting my pics ASAP...had a bunny emergency. Right after I got home from my leg of the trip, I noticed a large growth on my Chester's chest/armpit. Took him into emergency. It must be fast growing since he had a check-up 2 weeks ago and nothing was noticed! Please keep him in your thoughts. He goes in for his "pre-surgical" apt. tomorrow and surgery on wednesday.

Oh... please keep us posted on this!

((hugs))

How did his surgery go?

thanks for asking everyone! He is doing great! He stomps like crazy every morning because he knows it's medicine time, but other than that he is spunky and running the levels of his condo. No word yet on the pathology of the tissues. His checkup is in 10 days, so hopefully they will know by then. And I DO still have pictures to post!

BlueFrog,

I am very sorry that I was unable to help with this situation. Of course, I'm thrilled that so many others were able tohelp out the bunnies in need. :hug:

I would have loved to foster at least one of them, but my hubby and I arenot emotionally/financially able at this time.

Jenk

Whoo! Pictures!! I love the tootsie roll truck :)and am so jealous of the bunny shirt!

That little brown baby, he and the Mini Rex are still unclaimed. Thats ok by me because they are two of my favorites. I've dubbed him Elmer Fudd. Not a cute name, but right now it fits him ;)

He's so funny and cute the way he sniffs around and rubs on stuff. The way he runs and binkies but then makes a mad scramble to get down if I try to hold him. He's so busy keeping track of the other bunnies that he pays me little mind. He's a charmer and sooo handsome!

I'm so glad you insisted he come along!!

(I have to keep myself from justifying keeping these last two bunnies...*sigh*)

I held the mini rex on my lap for most of our leg of the trip....what a sweetheart she was!! She would nap, and stretch....munch her hay....nap some more.....she seemed as if she were a world traveler! I'm usually not a big fan of the pink eyes, but she sure did cast a spell over me.....lol Such a sweet little girl.

Thanks for giving us an update on them Leaf.

Bellapsyd.....glad to hear Chester is doing good. I have to take Sammy to the vet...he has a seriously poopy butt and some runny poos. I talked to the doctor this morning and she thinks he might have coccidia? A parasite in his intestinal system. He has a mucky bum from time to time, but usually clears up and never runny poos. So we shall see what the deal is with his bum.......lol

Latest posts

Back