TONY'S EYE: Have we found the problem??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is he active more at day or night? Because him being active in the day only and resting at night (especially if he sleeps at night) could be a good explanation for why it's better in the morning--it's just been rested.

I love it!!

Bo B Bunny wrote:
attachment.php

"But, why are the craisins gone??"

*ARGH~ I think it's that rotten parrot stealing them!*

It's sad that I spent time doing that isn't it? :?

We aren't sure, but we might have found the problem (or one of them) with Tony's eye.

Tony had a dish like Bo's. It's a cup attached to the side of the cage. He's always had the cup and I never thought about it but.... Luke feeds Tony and he has a good sized amount of pellets. That's at night...... during the day he eats part of them and then by afternoon or evening - his eye seems worse again......

Tony's face can't get all the way in the cup! so he's pressing his eye against the side to get to the feed. The way it was set up - he would turn the left eye into the bowl more probably.

He got a new - BIGGER bowl today. Cross your fingers for him!

This was what his old bowl was.

LIXITcrock2colors.jpg

Well, with bunnies, you have limited pellets and I never thought about them having a hard time getting their faces into the bowl since Clover and Bo have those and never have a problem....... I didn't think about Tony cause the only time I see him eating is when I feed him and I always see him eating his feed when it's full!

Usually, when I step into Luke's room, Tony stops and goes to the door of his cage cause MOMMY! Is here! YAY! (craisins! and a tasty thumb!)

I hope and pray his eye gets better now.

That makes so much sense. For similar reasons, we feed our little dwarfies their pellets our of ashtrays. Hope this fixes the problem!

I'm sorry, I just saw this (again) today and it reminded me of this thread :p

A: Bunny squished their face into the cup ("food bowl")
B: "Another Mystery Solved" ?

I giggled a bit... :biggrin2:

LOL! That's what he looked like trying to get his pellets! poor baby!

His eye isn't much different - but now we have to see if that was the problem so it might be a few more days. I have plenty of ointment so we'll just keep using it.

Aww, poor Tony!! :(

I am glad that you seem to have found the problem- I hope that is it and it starts to heal up nicely now, bless his little cotton socks!

And Kelly, I LOVE that pic lol.... it's so appropriate! :p

Bo B Bunny wrote:
We aren't sure, but we might have found the problem (or one of them) with Tony's eye.

Oh my...how simply complex was that find!

I'm wondering if I have a similar situation at my place?

Toostsie almost always leaves some pellets in her bowl, but acts like she's starving when I give new pellets. I always ask her why she didn't finish if she was still hungry......maybe because she can't quite get her big ol' face to the bottom of the bowl?
Benji can stick his whole face in his bowl, but maybe that why his eyes get runny so often.....cuz the pellet dust in the bottom is irritating them?

I use ceramic bowls, but I think I'll get a couple that have lower sides and aren't so deep.

Poor Tony! I hope the bowl was the problem and you start seeing improvement soon. Oh and he makes the cutest pirate. How big is he now?

Latest posts

Back