TONY'S EYE: Have we found the problem??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
he just barely got me...... he's pretty aggressive in his own cage. I go to his cage in the mornings to put his ointment in and then we get him out for the afternoon and night ones..... He's real sweet until you are in "his" space.

Bo B Bunny wrote:
he just barely got me...... he's pretty aggressive in his own cage. I go to his cage in the mornings to put his ointment in and then we get him out for the afternoon and night ones..... He's real sweet until you are in "his" space.

:happybunny:

Boy do I know the feeling of having one like that!!

He barely drew blood last night. I was late getting in so I did his ointment in his area...... he lunged out of the cage, got me on the knuckle and I havea small cut. It's like Dr. BunnyJekle and Mr. Hydehare!

If I give him craisins, we have to be super careful! and if we give them through the cage wires - he will like chew, stick his whole face through if he could, and generally act as if he's not been fed for at least a week! LOL! (wonder if that's how he hurt his eye?.... :ponder:)

This is my gentle, sweet, big lug of a bunny....... he's a monster in his cage! LOL!

How's Tony doing today? He sounds like Miss Pumpkin's twin....she is my little love bunny, but DO NOT invade her space unless you want to draw back a bloody stump! And when we give her pellets (twice per day), she acts like she's starving to death. What a drama queen....I adore her :D

Really? Such little boogs!

Great news I think! Tony's eye this evening looked better to both my daughter and I. When we held him before, we couldn't see anything but foggy blueish haze. Now, in normal lighting, we can see the brown iris and his pupil. There's still some haze but not as bad.

Before we were using brighter lighting to see it.

He played tonight and was very happy. He pood everywhere in their playpen and owns most everything in it.

His eye is doing a lot better, but it's a slow process. It's been a week and there's still fog to the eye. Of course it could take a bit more time so we are just doing what we've been doing.

Tonight it looked worse. I don't know what is going on but I think he might be hitting it on something in his cage.

:(

Guess what!!
pus started oozing out of my Beau's eye last Fri after he had been on bicillin and antibiotic salve for a month. I thought it was related to the tooth extractions I freaked all weekend.
Today I took him to the vet that can flush a tear duct after posting ON EB and suspected an infection in a tear duct.

they stained his eye and he has a corneal ulcer.
he is supposed to go off all antibiotics except Gentocin opthalmic ointment

Now I don;t know what to expect as everyone tell me a different story.

I understand how you feel :(

Tony and Beau.........

hmm... that is so discouraging. do you think he might be hitting it on something in his cage by accident, or because he's upset? so strange.

angieluv - these boys..... they are going to put us in the looney bin! :hug:

I think he hit it either getting upset (kitten) or excited over something. Infact, I remember Lexi telling me that he hit his head on something leaping from her arms to his cage one day. Something has happened but they couldn't find a "cut" or anything to his cornea. Now I wonder if he's not hitting it because he can't see from it as well.

I don't know what the cause is but I guess it would make sense if he sees blurry. However, Ariella was seeing really blurry (well from what the vet told me) and she wasn't hitting herself. :?So I don't really know... I really hope he'll get better soon :)Not to add to problems, and if you don't mind me asking out of curiosity, isn't Tony a show bun? Will this cause him issues with showing if it scars?

Yeah, he was supposed to be shown but it was so hot this year for county fair we decided to keep him home. Now, I think we'll be getting Tony tutered! ;)

This is going to sound very strange, but I don't know the answer, so don't laugh...

Do they make "rabbit" eye patches? I've seen them on dogs/cats/small children for eye injuries. Do they have those for small pets? I have NO clue how it would stay on, but just a thought (e-collar?)

You know, I imagine we could come up with an eye patch. I noticed that when he rests his eye more (sleeping) it looks better.

Ointment - I have enough for another week I would say.

and YES! he's my big lugObunneh, but he's been a little too excited about craisins lately!

Poor Tony......

...but I just had to laugh when the eye patch was mentioned.

We just did a whole bunny pirate thing here...."Arrrrr, Cap'n Tony!!" "Savvy?"

I also went back in your posts to see when you notice his eye being better or worse. Seems like it's better early in the day and gets worse later on?

Latest posts

Back