Tony Montana

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wax32

Reaction score
Hi!

This is the story of our new bunny, Tony Montana.

032607.jpg

He was a easter photo bunny at the studio where my wife Alishaworks. He got injured by one of the other bunnies.We took him in and are now going to spoil him rotten.

I just got back from the vet with some eye drops, Gentamicin Sulfate,that we need to put in his eye and on the spot where the doc lanced anabcess 3 times a day. He also gets to have oral antibiotic twice aday. I was told to buy some eye irrigation solution to cleanhim with before giving the drops.

The doc had to cut away the part of his lower eyelid that you can see hanging away in the picture, it was necrotic tissue.

On top of this he has Coccidia showing up in his stool and ascab on his left jaw line that seems a little infected but the doc wasconfident that the antibiotics would take care of these too.He didn't want to stress the bunny anymore today by digging at the scab.

I go back on Friday for a follow-up visit so the doc can check Tony's progress.

I'll post up another shot of him (post vet visit) soon. He is pretty gruesome looking ATM. AWWW!

Here are a couple of shots of Tony, post-vet visit:

032707a.jpg

Above his eye you can see where they had to drain the abcess.

032707b.jpg

Here he is sitting in his litter box. I don't know why helikes to sit there instead of in his nifty igloo. The box isa little big for his cage, I might need to get a smaller corner box forinside his cage and keep the bigger one for potty training for when heis loose in the room.

Exotic Complete Health Exam: $51
TMS Liquid 1oz: $20
Gentamicin Opthalmic: $23
Clip and Clean: $26
Fecal Exam: $24
Total: $148 on MasterCard

Saving a bunny from being "let loose in the woods": priceless!

What a sweetie he is. Bunnies like tosit in their litterboxes, it is good that you got a big one. To helpwith litter training put hay in/near it so he can sit and eat at thesame time. I read somewhere that they like to do that.
<3, RaE
P.S. Hope he gets to feeling better soon.

Oh, that poor baby. I can't tell from the pic - did he lose the eye itself?

Bless you for taking him in, caring forhimand giving hima good home.

Wowie poo! That is a nasty lookin eye! Thank you for taking care of that baby! Keep the pictures comng!

No, he didn't lose the eye, the vet thinks hewill probably heal up ok, but might not be real pretty on thatside. Once it heals some he will have a better idea.

Tony Montana is adorable. You and yourwife are real GEMS for taking the sweet little bunny in. Boyis he lucky.

You have no idea how many people would not spend that kind of money ona pet especially one they just got, they'd probably just letthe poor thing loose somewhere.

Looking forward to many more pictures of this little beauty.

Susan and the Gang:bunnydance::apollo::bunny19:bunnyheart

OMG! Someone else from Louisiana! *Grabs you and ties you to a chair* Now you can never leave! Muwuhahahaha!

Your rabbit is absolutely adorable, what a beautiful little baby. I amso glad that you got him and were able to get him out of such ahorrible situation. Look at his little eye! *Sniffle*

awww tony is so adorable! im so gladthat you guys have got him now! hes going to be sospoiled!:bunnydance:cant wait to see more pictures!

welcome to the forum!

It's a bit under an hour outside of Baton Rouge-- yep going west. I'm about 20 minutes from New Roads. I usually justtell everyone I'm 45 minutes to an hour over the old bridge, headingwest. ;)

I live in Baton Rouge all my life,we just moved out here in August of '06. :cool:

Beware -- you live close to me, it'll be easier for me to bunnynap! :tongue

BTW... :welcome1:wave2

Thanks peapoo!

peapoo_bunny wrote:
awww tony is soadorable! im so glad that you guys have got himnow! hes going to be so spoiled!:bunnydance:cantwait to see more pictures!

welcome to the forum!

Here are some from Tony's first foray out of his cage:

032807a.jpg

"Whoa, where am I?"

032807b.jpg

"Hey now, what's this little thing?" That's our Jack Russel/Chihuahua mix, Chewy.

032807c.jpg

"Step away from the lamb! Hey, your feet smell like pee..."

032807d.jpg

"Hmm, I guess the bunny can stay..."

Chewy has been SO interested in the bunny since it came home withus. I was worried that Chewy might think it was a toy. (Chewyis very spoiled.) But so far so good. It will be along time before I totally trust him around Tony of course, terrierswere bred to chase little furry critters out of their holes. But, Ithink they will be ok together. So far our three cats havetotally ignored Tony.

Tony was only out for maybe 5 minutes this time,I want to build up slowly, making sure Chewy is ok with him.I made sure to keep telling Chewy what a good boy he is so he won't getjealous. :)

Latest posts

Back