Tiny's (& Puck's) TALL Texan Tales (& tails)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pamnock wrote:
Awesome photos! I want that little chocolate otter Peg! LOL

Pam
If you were here - you could have him. I wanted a DOE!!!!

Leave it to Puck & Milina to give me a buck...

I may keep him anyway and add another doe to breed to him...but IF I do I only want 2 bucks and maybe 3-4 does...

(Wait..isn't that what I said about lionheads?).

Peg

Cute photos! :inlove:

First thing I noticed was the computer monitor displaying Rabbit Only's main message board page LOL! :ponder:

It has been a while since I've posted about Tiny and I know I need to get more photos...but I thought I'd quickly share about him.

The big boy loves to be outside....even in this heat. He goes in and out fairly often and we try to bring him in during the daytime - only to have him sulk and beg to go back outside. He has three or four favorite places where he stays cool when it is hot out (like a hole he's dug in one garden patch).

Even though he's not a cuddler and never will be on - he brings a lot of joy to my life. When I got home from my trip (gone for 3 weeks) - he made sure he properly ignored me and flicked me off several times - and even refused a banana the first day! However, I think he's considering forgiving me for my absence - as long as I let him do whatever he wants (like going outside).

I will share more pictures later this month - I need to take some of him....but I sure do love him.

Anyway - I just wanted to update folks on my big boy....that he's still happy and healthy and being "THE BunFather".

Peg

When Tiny's blog got lost a few months ago - sodid this story of Puck. Fortunately, someone sent it to me and Ithought I'd repost it here.

Peg

~~~~

[align=center]A Day In the Life ofPuck[/align] [align=center][/align][align=center]Early Summer -2005[/align] 7am - wake up to the sound of Tiny rattling his cage doors. Think aboutmy plans for today again - I want to explore the bedrooms and behindthe tv at least three times

9:15 am - Mom finally lets me out. Tiny takes me to the side and reminds me to stay in the bunny room.

9:17 am - I jump the barricade when Tiny turns his back to answer another bunny's question.

9:18 am - Mom sees me. I drink water out of the dog's bowl to make sureshe thinks that is why I jumped the fence. When she walks towards me -I jump back inside the barricade. Mom tries to fix the barricade.

9:24 am - I jump the barricade and take off running for Eric's bedroom.

9:25 am - I make it to Eric's bedroom and start exploring

9:47 am - I accidentally jump on Eric

9:52 am - Eric returns me to the bunny room

10:17 am - I jump the barricade again

10:18 am - I run for Eric's room

10:22 am - Eric picks me up and puts me in my cage. Tiny lectures mefrom the floor about how to be a good bunny

11:14 am - Mom sees in my cage and says, "Puck...what did you do NOW?".I look so pitiful and sad she picks me up and puts me down on thefloor.

11:29 am - I jump the barricade

11:33 am - I hide behind the tv (which is in the fireplace)

11:47 am - Mom asks where I am

11:54 am - Robin sees me behind the tv and puts me in the bunny room

12:02 pm - I eat hay mom brings in and Tiny glares at me.

12:13 pm - I decide to show GingerSpice I'm becoming a BIG boy bunny and chase her and try to play house

12:15 pm - Tiny chases me across the room and tells me to settle down or HE'S pushing me out the barricade

12:26 pm - I chase Roary and tell him I'm bigger and badder than he is

12:42 pm - I jump the barricade 'cause Tiny's about to thrash me

12:55 pm - I accidentally run across Eric's foot as he plays XBox. He puts me back in the bunny room.

1:19 pm - Yeah, yeah, yeah - I've heard these lectures before. I flick off Tiny and jump the barricade again.

1:42 pm - Robin takes me from the bathroom and puts me back in my cage

2:16 pm - Mom brings in hay and snacks. I beg her to let me out but shesays "no Puck...not now". She does give me two craisins. I nap.

2:59 pm - I shake my cage door when mom goes to let the dog out. She lets me out of my cage.

3:21 pm - Eric chases me out of his room and when he finally catches me(behind the tv) he puts me back in the bunny room

3:24 pm - Tiny and the other bunnies start approaching me with mean looks on their faces

3:25 pm - I jumped the barricade again - only this time - SugarBear follows.

3:37 pm - Mom sees SugarBear & I behind the tv (trying to climbthe fireplace walls). She puts us in the bunny room again.

3:38 pm - I lay down in a corner and tell Tiny I'm going to take a nap

3:47 pm - Tiny's asleep. I jump the barricade again.

4:12 pm - Eric catches me sleeping on his bed. He puts me in my cage.

5:45 pm - Mom cleans cages and lets me out to play "in the bunny room".

5:54 pm - Mom leaves the bunny room - and so do I.

6:30 pm - Mom starts rustling up our food. I hop back in the bunny room and wait for her to put it down.

7:00 pm - Mom picks me up and says "bedtime". She puts me in my cage -and I hadn't even done anything wrong! NO FAIR!

I just started reading the whole blog from page1, and i absolutely LOVE it! Bunfather is quite a character,isn't he?!!!it is soooo funny. good job!!

Hey guys....I think I'm a bit nervous. It'sHalloween here in Texas and Tiny's been acting a bit funny. We think hewants his next "job attempt" to be acting...and he was "studying" forthe part...but we're not sure.

What do you think of his plans? Should we be nervous? (The pictures are clickable so you can see the movie title).

Peg & family

Dear Jan,

I thought I might clarify some things here 'cause I think mom misunderstood my intents.

My human brother is a theater major at college. I heard him saying thatsomeone at school wanted to do a remake of "Night of the Lepus" someday- and since I'd heard mom talk about it - I thought I might check itout to see if I could try out for one of the parts. As youknow, I'm trying to figure out what to do with my life for a "job" asI'm finding that lazing around just....isn't enough for a big bun likeme. I figured maybe I could earn enough to buy more craisins orsomething.

So I finally found the movie and settled down with my banana and drinkand was trying to figure out how to open the movie when mom walked inthe room. It was going to be a surprise for her if I got the job so sheknew nothing of my plans.

Anyway, mom was like, "If you really want to see the movie Tiny, I'll put it in for you..."

SCARY! I don't know how those buns learned to act like that....but Iknow I'm not up to that level. Plus...do you know the ending?OUCH. I am sure they'll so no rabbits were harmed....but what about therabbits' psyche? (You'll notice you never see those rabbits in anothermovie if you look on imdb for rabbits).

I don't think acting is for me. Or at least not in a remake of that movie.

But I've noticed one mom has that's called "Harvey"....I may try to check it out next week...

The BunFather

LuvaBun wrote:
:shock:Scarey!!!Did you survive the night?Can't believe that big Gentle Giant would doanything like that ;)

Jan

Good thinking Tiny! I think that youre moresuited to something a little less intense. How about auditioning for aromance flick? or a comedy? Im sure you would be better suited tosomething of that nature.

Remember, though, you have a very tough job as it is of keeping allthose other bunnies in line! Who will watch over them ifyou're away trying to establish an acting career? Maybe mom shouldstart paying you for your babysitting (er bunnysitting) skills...Imsure you could work out some sort of non-monetary payment, such as anincrease in craisins or something ;)

Take care you handsome devil!

Haley

I woke up in the middle of the night the othernight and came out into the kitchen and looked into the living room -and I found out what the BunFather does at night. I am so glad I wasable to capture it w/ the camera for y'all.

So...for those who think the BunFather might have a rough life...

Think again?

Peg

P.S. He's in MY recliner...

Busted! You know Tiny so well.....

Peg :)

naturestee wrote:
Peg, who are youkidding? You don't have a recliner. That's Tiny'schair and sometimes he's kind enough to let you use it!

I was going through my old photos on photobucket and came across these. Thought y'all might enjoy them.

Worn out after playing with the babies

Hey...I've gotta keep Puck in line somehow...

These can't be bunny slippers....their ears aren't long enough...

man...am I tired...

Alright you two - break it up (ok..so I know this is in his blog somewhere earlier)

Wow...even my ears fit in Ginger's cage...

Mom..tell the truth. Does this cage make my butt look fat?

I probably shouldn't do this - but I've been dying to share this with y'all.

As some folks might know, during November I worked on NaNoWriMo -National Novel Writing Month. The goal is to write a 50,000 word (ormore) novel during that month. I made the goal - although I'm still inthe process of finishing the book. My personal goal is to finish it inDecember and edit it in January before submitting it.

It is a Christian romance novel - and Tiny and Miss Bea are in it. I thought I'd share two scenes from the book here.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE... DO NOT SEND THIS TO ANYONE OR PASS ITAROUND THE INTERNET. IF I FIND OUT THAT HAPPENS, I WILL HAVE TO CHANGETHE STORY. PART OF MY GOAL OF THE BOOK IS TO EDUCATE FOLKS ABOUTRABBITS...SO IF YOU CHOOSE TO DO THAT - I MAY HAVE TO REMOVE TINY ANDMISS BEA FROM THE BOOK.

I MAY ALSO DELETE THESE POSTS IN A FEW DAYS...ITS JUST ... RIGHT NOW I WOULD REALLY LIKE SOME FEEDBACK ON THESE PASSAGES.

Peg

Posts to follow this one...

In this passage, Kate (main female) is going tothe pet shelter to adopt a CAT. Her grandmother's 18 year old cat,Punky, died two months earlier. Kate lives alone and realizes she'dlike some company. Stan is the one who will become her loveinterest - he has decided to adopt a dog.

Peg

Kate walked into the shelterand was overcome by the smell. Yes, this was definitely a place whereanimals lived. Still yet, she would be able to get a cat or maybe akitten and give it a good home. Perhaps she’d find an older cat no oneelse wanted. Then again, a kitten would be fun too. Either way, shewasn’t going home without a cat and she had Punky’s cat carrier withher.
A young woman approached herwith a smile. “Hi, I’m Abby. It looks like you came prepared to adoptsomeone. Can I help you?”
Kate smiled, “Yes, thanks. Iwant to adopt a cat. My cat died two months ago and I’m very lonely.”
Abby beckoned to a door andsaid, “Right this way. We keep the cats and other small animals on thisside of the building so they aren’t bothered by dogs.”
The women chatted as theywalked through the door. Kate explained how Punky had passed away inhis sleep and Abby expressed her sympathies. They talked about Punky’spersonality and relationship with Kate as Abby tried to get a sense ofwhat Kate was looking for in a pet.
Kate was shocked when theywalked into the pet room. They were surrounded by cages on three sides.The animals were stacked three and four high. Some of them ducked tothe back of the cage when they heard people enter – while others racedto the door for pets and possibly a treat.
There were cats of all colorsand sizes. Black cats, calico cats, brown cats and more. There wereMaine Coon Cats, tabby cats and even a litter of Manx. How was shegoing to decide? She almost wanted them all.
As she wandered around theroom, a tall black pile of fur in the largest cage stood and stretched.She looked at those ears as they stood tall. This was no cat. It lookedlike a rabbit but it was the size of a monster. She backed away fromthe cage.
Watching her reaction, Abby laughed and said, “Don’t mind him. That’s Tiny.”
“Tiny? He must weigh 25 pounds!”
“Actually, he weighed 17pounds when he came in here three weeks ago but he’s down to a littleover 14 pounds. His owner passed away and he’s still grieving for her.He will eat and drink some but he’s very unhappy.”
Hearing his name, Tiny stoodand pressed himself against the door with all of his weight. Katebacked away a couple more steps. Still yet, she found him fascinating.
Abby had a keen awarenessabout people and she sensed that Kate might be the right owner forTiny. Tiny had not acted this lively since he came in and he reallyseemed to be fascinated by Kate’s voice. Perhaps she reminded him ofhis former owner. Abby had to find a way for the two to interact.
“Would you like to meet Tiny?He’s a flemish giant and he’s very gentle. In fact, this breed ofrabbit is bred specifically for their gentleness.”
“Will he bite me?”
“ He’s really very gentle.He’s actually pretty affectionate and tame for a rabbit too. Why don’tyou let me bring him out of the cage. He’s too big for the playpen, soI’ll just shut the door and let him run around the room so you can seehim.”
Kate hesitantly agreed. Shehad always wanted a rabbit but a little rabbit, not some monsterrabbit. Still yet, his eyes seemed to plead with her to at least givehim a chance to get to meet her.
Abby opened the cage and Tinysniffed the door and then bounded out onto the floor. He hopped aroundthe room for a moment or two and sniffed their feet and then rubbed hischin on his cage. Abby explained that he was marking his cage with hisscent so others would know it was his.
“Come, sit on the floor withTiny. I have a few yogurt chips you can give him when he comes to you.”
At the word “yogurt”, Tinycame running over to Abby and started pawing at her clothes. Shelaughed and said, “Busted. I sneak in here to give Tiny a chance to getsome exercise and get some treats. I’ve been worried about him.”
Kate and Abby sat on the floortogether. Tiny crawled on Abby’s lap and started hunting for histreats. She gave him one and then handed the rest to Kate. Before Kateknew it, Tiny was in HER lap and nudging her with his nose. When shedidn’t immediately offer a treat, he went looking for them in her handand tried to paw at it.
“I’m scared. He’ll bite me.”
Abby replied, “Just open yourhand and let him pick it out of your hand. He won’t hurt you.”
Kate held out her hand withthe yogurt chip in the middle of it. Tiny sniffed it and then grabbedthe treat and hopped away. He almost seemed as scared of her as she wasof him.
Abby and Kate watched as Tinyran around the room a bit more and then suddenly made a mad dash forhis cage. Kate asked, “What is he doing? I thought he wanted theexercise.”
After watching Tiny for amoment, Abby replied, “He ran for his litter box. He realized he had togo to the bathroom and that is where he knows to go.”
“You mean he’s litter box trained? Like a cat?”
“Yes. If I didn’t already havefive rabbits, I’d take him myself. I’ve never seen a rabbit so tame andwell-trained come into the shelter. But I’m worried that if he doesn’tstop grieving, we’ll lose him.”
“Well, I don’t think I cantake him. He’s just too big and I really did come for a cat.”
Abby sighed softly and said,“Ok” as she shut Tiny’s door. Together the two women turned to the catswhen a loud sound filled the room. Turning to his cage, Abby said,“Tiny, stop it.” She explained to Kate that Tiny was thumping his backfeet to get their attention. He continued thumping while Kate looked ata kitten. She put the kitten back in the cage and was looking at atabby when a rattling noise filled the room. Both women turned to seeTiny rattling his cage doors with his teeth. “He’s never done thatbefore. He’s having a temper tantrum.”
Abby walked over to Tiny andtalked to him quietly, “We’ll find you a home buddy. I promise. But youhave to behave.”
“I’ll take him.” Kate spoke up.
Abby paused a moment andsmiled at the big rabbit. She knew Kate was the right person for Tinybut she wanted to make sure that Kate knew she was the right person.She needed to press her just a little bit and make Kate realize thatshe wanted Tiny and wasn’t just taking him out of pity.
“Kate, I don’t think youunderstand. You can’t just take Tiny because you feel sorry for him orbecause he’s having a temper tantrum. He’s going to be a bigresponsibility for you. Not only will he need to be fed and have hislitter box changed, he’s going to need time outside in the sunsometimes. At least I find that my rabbits thrive with outside time.But what he really needs is love. He’s lost a beloved mistress and wasfound next to her body from when she collapsed. Can you give him loveand wait for him to grieve before he can love you back?”
Kate walked over to Tiny’scage and stared at him. He’d laid back down and was in the back cornerof his cage now. He stared back at her and twitched his ears.He was scary looking. He was huge. She knew nothing about rabbits. Butreflected in his eyes was the loneliness she felt in her heart. Shewhispered his name softly and he came over to the door and tried tonudge her hand through the bars. She whispered his name again andrealized that they needed each other.
“Can I give him love? I don’tknow. He’s huge and he scares me. I know nothing about rabbits eventhough I always wanted one as a kid. But I know that he needs me and Ineed him. We’ve both lost people we love and we can help each otherthrough the pain. I want him. I know I’ll grow to love him once I learnto trust him.”
Abby smiled because she knewthat Kate had made the commitment in her heart to Tiny and she wouldnot abandon him. She loved it when she was able to match up an animalwith the right person. It gave her a feeling of peace.
“I have one problem though, “Kate said. “Will he fit in my cat carrier?”
“We’ll make him fit.” Abby said.

As Stan pulled into theshelter, two women were carrying a cat carrier to a white VW andloading it into the car. He laughed as he watched them maneuver thecarrier into the car. It looked heavy from the way they were strainingunder the weight. By the time he got out of his car, they didn’t needhis help and stood talking by the car door. The short redhead gave thebrunette a hug and appeared to give her instructions. Both women wereteary eyed. He had to admit, the brunette was kind of cute but then hechided himself that he had come here for a blonde dog and not abrunette woman.

Back