Tiny's (& Puck's) TALL Texan Tales (& tails)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinysMom

Reaction score
Hello everyone! Sometime back inDecember, Tiny's original "Tall Texan Tales" got lost in outerspace...(or so we've told Tiny). But we're setting up a newspace in this Bunny Blog area for pictures & stories of Tiny& friends.

We thought you'd like to meet some of the bunny family around here.

Tiny at 4 months of age

Tiny in December 2005

Tio, Kyo & Tiny when he first started acting as "The BunFather" to settle disputes

Puck & Tiny - April 2005

Puck at his breeder's house inearly April 2005

Puck in October 2005

Gingerspice & SugarBear - April 2005

GingerSpice is still shy - this was back when Tiny was still waitingfor her to grow up so they could be somewhat "bonded" and hang outtogether. Then she started getting bossy....

GingerSpice & Tiny as she got older

Miss Bea & Tiny (after Ginger got hormonal - Tiny startedspending time with "other does" even though that wasn't what Gingercalled them (we think)).

Miss Bea Nestbuilding - Tiny is NOT the father...

Beatrice - we bought her in December 2005 - her name was Scar becauseshe has a huge scar along her belly - she almost died when she wasthree days old.

And some of my favorite lionheads who have photos handy on my machine...

Miss Bea

Harlie

Sport

Sundae

And finally - some babies because I can't resist sharing...

Peg

Edited to add: All photos are clickable to see larger pictures!

LuvaBun wrote:
They are all so beautiful, but I still adore Tiny :)

Jan

Well - today Tiny is having fits with me and having a tempertantrum. Trust me - you don't want to see an 18 pound bunnywho is moody throw a temper tantrum.

It goes like this - I won't let him outside because he's been hopping abit funny for a couple of days. We can't feel anything brokenin his legand we think he may have just sprained it or pulleda muscle. He'll use it when he really wants to - butsometimes he tries to not use it.

So I'm keeping him inside today so I can keep an eye on him and so he'll take it easy.

Right.

My idea of take it easy = sleep under the table like he used todo. Rest. Snooze. Eat. Go backto sleep.

Well...he's mad at me. So he's hopping over to some things heshouldn't chew on - and chewing on them. I tell him to stop -and he continues. I walk to him - he hops away. He goes backunder the table and thumps me off. I walk away from the roomonly to hear something crash. I come and look and he'sknocked some stuff over. He thumps at me and goes back underthe table. (He knocked over a box which had a couple of bookson it). I try to talk to him. He gives me thebutt. I offered hima craisin - he turned and hoppedaway.

Let's just say this big guy has given me a rough day and I am almost tempted to break down and let him go outside.

The good news is....he doesn't seem to be favoring that foot when he hops now.

Peg

I don't have photos but the BunFather is at itagain...snuggling up to girls. This time he's snuggling witha little tort gal born in September and a blue doe born in Septemberalso. They spend a lot of time grooming him and he's cominginside now earlier in the evenings instead of arguing with me aboutcoming in.

I can't get over this big guy....he's such a sucker for the younggals. I think he would still hang around GingerSpice if she'dcome out and be around him - but now GingerSpice and Miss Bea are bestfriends....and they don't want to hang out with him anymore.

Such is the life of the Bunfather...

Peg

This is Loki and I stole Mom'saccount. I just wanted to say that I'm a big fan of theBunfather. He's my rolemodel! I keep trying to getmy own harem, but my bun-wife gets sooooo jealous. She beatsup on the other girls when she can, and she head butts me if shecatches me flirting with them. But I keep trying.Maybe I'll be able to wear her down- who knows with girls?

<<< This time he'ssnuggling with a little tort gal born in September and a blue doe bornin September also>>>

Tiny, the Cradlesnatcher!!!! I guess he is trying to get his own back on Miss Bea and Gingerspice now they've deserted him!

Jan

naturestee wrote:
This is Loki and I stole Mom's account. I justwanted to say that I'm a big fan of the Bunfather. He's myrolemodel! I keep trying to get my own harem, but my bun-wifegets sooooo jealous. She beats up on the other girls when shecan, and she head butts me if she catches me flirting withthem. But I keep trying. Maybe I'll be able to wearher down- who knows with girls?
Loki,

This is the BunFather stealing mom's account for a minute.

Thanks for being a fan of mine. I must say that life isinteresting as a bunfather although I do have manyresponsibilities. For example - when mom puts bucks inexercise pens out on my grass, I have to go and defend my yard byspraying at them and sitting between their pens. I make sureto lecture them so they remember I am the boss. I ignoretheir snide comments about the fact that they are fathers and I'mnot. After all - I'm TOP BUN!

The key thing to remember with a harem is to never say "You're the mostbeautiful" to one gal.....because trust me - she will repeat to theother harem members what you say to her. I learned this thehard way and GingerSpice got very angry when Miss Bea told her that Isaid she was the "best female I'd ever hung out with". BIGBIG mistake.

Instead, tell your harem members something like "You have beautifuleyes" or "I love the way you groom me." Make sure to makemental notes of which rabbit you said had beautiful eyes - so you don'tsay the same thing to another gal. Even though you aren'tsaying "best" or "most beautiful"...the girls can think that is whatyou mean and once again - you have problems.

Another key thing about having your harem is to get your gals whilethey are still young enough to believe its fine to have two galshanging out with you at once. If you get them before they aremature enough to care about mating (while they're still young enough toalmost be weanlings)....they'll think that you all are just friends andit is ok to all hang out together. The problem arises whenthey are old enough to breed because then they want to be the "only"one in your life.

Finally - whatever you do with your harem...DON'T playfavorites. While you may have a favorite in your heart....letall the gals think they are equally loved. If they get intoarguments over you - stay out of it. Tell them that they needto learn to get along.....that you are all friends together and youcan't choose between them.

Oh well - time to head outside and play. Solitude is alsoimportant and helps me keep sane with all these females. Itell them I'll hang out with them in the evenings...but the daytime ismy time to explore the yard and get exercise.

The BunFather

The Bunfather. :muscleman:

:laugh:

The idea is so funny. Middle-aged man hitting on 'em young chicks. You should get him a convertible. It's so adorable.

The babies are gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. If I were nearer, I'd bunnynap me some.

tailof2rabbits wrote:
You should get him a convertible. It's so adorable.

Let me guess - we'd call it the "BunMobile"....

Tiny had been hanging out with the young chicks - but two days ago he decided to move back into the bedroom and reclaim his territory. He's now hanging out with the following girls (who all get along are are free roaming in the bedroom):

Miss Bea

GingerSpice (who is actually Miss Bea's best friend now that Tiny was gone for a while)

Who (Miss Bea's foster daughter from September who has been living in there since she was 6 weeks old)

Boo-berry (Miss Bea's daughter from September who has been living in there the same amount of time).

At one point - Tiny was laying all stretched out - with Miss Bea on one side of him - and GingerSpice on the other side. All three were napping.

I could almost picture a scene from "Shall We Dance?" when Linc is going to be partnered with the gal who wants to compete in the dance competition. She says something like, "And no more bimbos? You're gonna stick with a real woman?"...

Well - when Tiny returned to reclaim his bedroom - it really did look like GingerSpice and Miss Bea were asking him the same questions as they groomed him...."No More bimbos Tiny? Ready for a REAL doe?"

He was so cute...

Peg

LuvaBun wrote:
Tiny, the Cradlesnatcher!!!! I guess he is trying to get his own back on Miss Bea and Gingerspice now they've deserted him!

Jan
Not only did I snatch from the cradle - BUT IT WORKED!

When I decided to return to Miss Bea & GingerSpice - they took me back willingly (after a short lecture about "bimbos" and "real does"...).

See how bright I am?

The BunFather

tailof2rabbits wrote:
The Bunfather. :muscleman:

:laugh:

The idea is so funny. Middle-aged man hitting on 'em young chicks. You should get him a convertible. It's so adorable.

Middle Aged?

I'm 14 months old...uh..young!

I work out daily in my yard...it takes time to go around every day and mark all my favorite places.:run: Then I have to do some digging in my hole...to make sure the dog hasn't closed it up.

Once that is done - I have rose bushes to water (check on) and a tree to sit under while I take my "checking my eyes for light leak break" (mom calls it a "nap" for brevity). :sleep:

Then I have to go check out the table and make sure that its still in my favorite shade spot and wait for mom to bring out lionheads to play in their pen. If its does...I can go to sleep.

If its bucks...ESPECIALLY if its Puck...:muscleman:then I have to make sure they remember I'm the BUNFATHER!

Then - once darkness comes - I have to wait for mom to come and bribe me with my banana (I don't get all of one). Mom will try to bring me in before dark - but I like to wait and see the stars. Do you know how hard it is to :waiting:WAIT for a banana? But I do it.

Then I come inside and eat my supper and it's :sickbunny:bedtime.

Mom has tried to tuck me in...but I keep reminding her I'm a BIG BUCK now.

Well - time to go look at the pictures on the forum. Mom has a bunny napping list that I stole - but I'm making my own....

The BunFather

P.S. Welcome to the forum tailof2rabbits. We're glad you and your rabbits are here....:welcome

For those of you who have awesome looking does (so far - all the does I've seen are AWESOME) - I'd love to post on your thread.

But mom has made me promise I have to stick to my thread and the lionhead thread she has. Otherwise...she's taking away my bananas...

So please tell your girls - the BunFather LOVES 'EM!

BunFather

Dear Diary,

Now that I'm over a year old, I thought that perhaps I should try different things to see what I want to do with the rest of my life....besides being the BunFather that is. After all - didn't the GodFather run a business or something?

Well...I tried my hand at song-writing (I'll copy it below from an earlier post I made and share it). Dad said I'm not that good.

So I thought I'd try my hand at fashion design. I picked mom's FAVORITE dress to work with because I knew it was good quality ( she said it was "dry clean only").

Mom is mad at me now. She says I can't try out for "Project Bun-way" where bunnies redesign their owners' clothes. I think she's kicking me out of my closet.

Well....here's my design...I felt like mom's skirt was too long and the pattern wasn't "bold enough"...like she needed more fur (skin?) to show through....

I told mom I wanted a "bold" design that would show off her legs and capture the attention of others. Doesn't my design do that? (You need to click on the photos to get the full effect).

Sheesh....what talent should I try to develop next?

The BunFather

This was my post on 2/5 on the "Free Roam" thread in the Rabbits Only Forum...it includes my song that dad doesn't like.

~~

(Sung to "Home On The Range")...won't you all join me in my favorite song?

Oh Give Me a Home
Where a Bunny Can Roam
Where He Can Binky and Chew All the Day
Where Seldom is Heard
A Discouraging Word (No!)
And He Can Play with Toys His Way

(chorus)
Home...Home in my room
Where my toys are all my own...
Where I can run
And Have Lots of Fun
Because it is safe to play...

~~~
Ok....enough of my favorite song. Mom gave me "special permission" to come in here and post because I AM a free-roaming buck...and I love it!

For those who may not remember - I didn't start out as a free-roaming buck. I had a big cage and mom cleaned it every day and let me out several times during the day. In fact, until the dwarfs and I outgrew our "babyhood"...we had free roam during the day and had a set bedtime at night for our cages.

One thing mom believes in now is that in order to create a place for a free-roaming bunny, you must already have a level of trust with that rabbit. She hated it when I made her do her aerobics practice trying to catch me. We had to build a level of trust where I would at least stop for 10 seconds to let her catch her breath and give her a fighting chance.

Now, when mom prepares a rabbit to be "free-roaming" - she makes sure that the rabbit will pretty much stop when it hears its name in the rabbitry and is playing on the floor. So - candidates for free-roaming...prove themselves by building that "trust" relationship with mom. Trust me on this - before you let your bunny free-roam...make sure you're fast enough to catch them if you don't have this trust relationship.

Secondly, mom provides LOTS of cardboard tubes and stuff for toys. She bought us toys too - but we're like cats...we like the free stuff. The girls love to shred mom's mailers that come with some sort of advertisement in them. Me? I'm a big buck....I have to go for the cardboard boxes to show my STRONG Teeth... :dancing:

Thirdly, we have lots of space for our bunny runs....make sure that you keep the way clear though. If you have a habit of dropping things on the floor (clothes as you take them off - or whatever) - please remember....if its at my level...its fair game! I might chew on it...or if I'm mad at you - I might use it for the bathrom...

Safety really is important to us bunnies. We know you don't want us to mess with cords...but come on...they're SOOO interesting. Maybe it is really a tree root in your room and we can get some good nutrients out of it.

If you find we chew - use a bit of Tobasco sauce or bitter apple or ask on the forum what to do.

Finally - remember that while it is FUN to be a FREE ROAMING BUN....caged buns can also be happy if they receive lots of love and attention (and don't forget healthy treats). I'm lucky because mom can be home full-time almost and my backyard is safe for me. Others don't have that advantage...but they still get LOTS of love...

...and really...isn't that what we need anyway? Food...love....attention...and safety precautions from you wonderful parents.

Well...thanks for reading my post. Mom says I have to go back to "lurkdom" now and only post in my thread. But I hope I helped you see things from a "bunny's perspective".

The BunFather

P.S. Also make sure to remove important papers to a HIGH location. One of mom's lionheads once jumped up on the table and shredded a bill. Mom wasn't happy. I told her to just tell the bill person, "My bunny ate my bill..." :rofl:(without naming names, TITANIA!)...but she said that wouldn't be believed.

Poor mom...:bigtears:

LOL, Tiny, that song is hilarious!! :singing

:rofl:

And good lessons to be learned here! Bunny 101 - right from the bunny's teeth! er.. mouth!!

PIPP :bunnydance:(who loves big boys who hang out with dwarfs!)

Latest posts

Back