Thought I'd resurrect the RO pregnancy thread

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
naturestee wrote:
I normally am not very interested in other people's babies and stuff, but I've found myself gushing over them lately. I'm scaring myself!
It only gets worse. I've been the same way...we found out gender at 15wks (I'm impatient) and I didn't tell my Dr. so he confirmed it at the anatomy scan. That was a really cool ultrasound, you get to see the babies organs and everything. I have a bad history so I've gotten quite a few with this pregnancy. We named the ultrasound pics by what the baby looked like at the time, I got my first at 6wks to date the pregnancy, and it was just a little stick. Then at 8wks it was a bean, 12wks a turtle, 15wks an alien, and finally at 20wks a baby. lol

naturestee wrote:
9week5day2a.jpg
I'm terrible with these things... you are pregnant with you know a human baby right? I swear that thing looks like a guinea pig. Astounding that something like that turns out like a human... I mean not that babies look like humans or anything... they creep me out... god I'm going to be a terrible father.

Saudade wrote:
naturestee wrote:
I'm terrible with these things... you are pregnant with you know a human baby right? I swear that thing looks like a guinea pig. Astounding that something like that turns out like a human... I mean not that babies look like humans or anything... they creep me out... god I'm going to be a terrible father.
omg! im sort of the same. if some one i know has a baby, im not very interested... but i dont think they look like baby g-pigs... more like im not sure...lol
but, i do hope your birth goes well, and the baby is healthy"!!

Saudade wrote:
LOL! Actually, if you look at young embryos from all animals including frogs and fish, they start out looking the same except for size. It's not till later that you start seeing species differences. You can't see it in the pictures, but on the TV screen during the ultrasound we could see human hands and fingers, etc.

Embryology is fascinating. Yay biology!

Actually, I'm convinced that the traditional alien we see in pop culure (huge head, gray skin, weird facial features) is based off of miscarried babies from before people knew better. Mine's at that stage right now.

... and I'm done with my wierdness for now!:biggrin2:

ANGELA?????!!?!?!?!?!?!?! You're pregnant?!?!?!?!???!?!

OMG! CONGRATS!!! How are you feeling.

Can I join? I'm 13 weeks pregnant with my second child. Angela, our babies will be pretty close together!

Too exciting!

And congrats on the little girl, Becky! My little girl is the light of my life.

Congratulations to the mums to be!!! :stork:

No kids here yet, want to leave it till me late 20's but I'm terrified of thought of kids! :shock: I'm not really a kiddy person and most of the ones that I'm around are that uncontrolable that i'm scared they'll put me off for life lol! I'm hoping as I get older the old hormones will kick in more but at 21 i'm starting to worry that they won't :(

Yay! There are 3 of us now! Are you going to find out if it's a girl or boy Steph?

I'm 22wks now and I'm just starting to get uncomfortable sleeping, I have to pack myself in with pillows but I certainly don't miss the first trimester. I had terrible morning sickness until about 14-15wks. I hope you both fair better than I did!

Becknutt wrote:
Yay! There are 3 of us now! Are you going to find out if it's a girl or boy Steph?

I'm 22wks now and I'm just starting to get uncomfortable sleeping, I have to pack myself in with pillows but I certainly don't miss the first trimester. I had terrible morning sickness until about 14-15wks. I hope you both fair better than I did!

I would find out now, if at all possible. Last time, the ultrasound technician couldn't tell when I went, so I paid to go to a private place to find out. I need to know :).

I was SOOOOOO hungry the first trimester, it was ridiculous. I feel great now though. Now if only my daughter didn't get up at 5:15am, I might feel almost normal.

Jordiwes, can I have some of your hunger? My nausea and upset stomach is getting better, but I still have a lot of food aversions. Like meat, which my doctor is not happy about! The aversions are more of a problem than the cravings, but I'm only down a few pounds so it's not too bad. Yay for cheese!

Were you guys super tired in your 1st trimester? When did it go away? Thank goodness I'm not working right now. I literally sleep more than half the day, and I'm still tired!

Now we all need to live near each other so our kids can have play dates.:biggrin2:

jordiwes wrote:
I would find out now, if at all possible. Last time, the ultrasound technician couldn't tell when I went, so I paid to go to a private place to find out. I need to know :).

I was SOOOOOO hungry the first trimester, it was ridiculous. I feel great now though. Now if only my daughter didn't get up at 5:15am, I might feel almost normal.

I paid to go to a private place as well. It was so nice, and 15 weeks fell right around fathers day so it was a nice surprise for my hubby!

naturestee wrote:
Jordiwes, can I have some of your hunger? My nausea and upset stomach is getting better, but I still have a lot of food aversions. Like meat, which my doctor is not happy about! The aversions are more of a problem than the cravings, but I'm only down a few pounds so it's not too bad. Yay for cheese!

Were you guys super tired in your 1st trimester? When did it go away? Thank goodness I'm not working right now. I literally sleep more than half the day, and I'm still tired!

Now we all need to live near each other so our kids can have play dates.:biggrin2:

I've had more aversions than cravings as well. I also have strayed away from meat, though I'll occasionally have a taste for chicken. Just this week, I've started craving sweets. Yesterday I was dying for a chocolate chip cookie!

I was SOOOO tired, that was one of the first symptoms I had before I knew I was pregnant. The exaustion went away right about the end of the first trimester for me. I used to nap everyday as soon as I got home from work and I would still be in bed by 9. lol My husband used to get upset with me for always falling asleep on the couch. Now I have my energy back, but I'm trapped indoors. The heat outside is killing me, I can't be out in the sun for more than a few minutes at a time without feeling ill. So, I'm going sort of stir crazy. I've been cleaning the house, and making way for baby furniture. I'm dying to put the crib, dresser, changer settogether.

Just to let you know - I was on the pregnancy thread last year ... before I lost all my internet for months and months .... and I had a GORGEOUS little boy named Elliott on October 9th, born at home weighing in at 8lb 1oz (the exact same weight as I was!)

Here ihe is at 5 days old

n583934993_1500686_3440.jpg

and at 2 months

n583934993_1860551_4004.jpg

And this is him a couple of weeks ago at 9 months old

6455_130310574993_583934993_3197483_2087204_n.jpg

Good luck to all those who are expecting -- this bit feels like its taking forever but trust me after your baby is born the time flys by far too quickly

Back