This Forum ROCKS...Poe Coming HOME!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GoinBackToCali wrote:
Oddly.. were going to the condo in Daytona Beach first of June.. but I am in the total opposite direction.

Which is suckage.
If you're going to have time for a visit, PM me for my phone number. I'd love to meet you.

slavetoabunny wrote:
I'm driving from Columbia, SC to Daytona Beach on Friday, if the bun can be transported by then I can pick up and drive down to Jackonville.

If you can transport this bun, check out GRR. We have a gorgeous mini-rex named Tweak, among about 100 other rabbits.
Is Tweak an outside bunny?

Elf Mommy wrote:
slavetoabunny wrote:
I'm driving from Columbia, SC to Daytona Beach on Friday, if the bun can be transported by then I can pick up and drive down to Jackonville.

If you can't transport this bun, check out GRR. We have a gorgeous mini-rex named Tweak, among about 100 other rabbits.
Is Tweak an outside bunny?
Inside, although an enclosed porch would be satisfactory.

Elf Mommy wrote:
Cathy, is shipping by plane an option you'd be willing to go with?

If it is something you think the baby could handle and that you'd be ok with, then maybe I can work something out for anyone who wants to help me cover the cost.

I can do something like accept paypal donations...give 10% of the donations to charity (covering that 10% myself) and draw a picture of the owner's rabbit who donated to the plane fare???

I'd do what ever you need Minda... Just let me know. I'll donate the cost of the Health Certificate and Carrier. (But if you find a rescue, that would be great too!)

slavetoabunny wrote:
GoinBackToCali wrote:
Oddly.. were going to the condo in Daytona Beach first of June.. but I am in the total opposite direction.

Which is suckage.
If you're going to have time for a visit, PM me for my phone number. I'd love to meet you.

We're gonna be there for 7 days.. I most certainly will have time for a visit.. and you can inspect my hair length..lol

I will hit you when it's closer to time..If you give me your number now, I'll forget it..

Z

Minda,

I've been wanting to PM you about getting another rabbit but I didn't want to seem pushy. Elf was such a huge part of your life - and the forum too - that I was going to recommend you consider getting another bun ASAP. I was going to tell you that it wouldn't lessen Elf's memories at all - but help you through the grief. I learned that from my decision to adopt Zeus just days after Tiny passed....

I'm so happy you are willing to get another rabbit this soon and I hope the forum can help you in some way. I'll be following this thread closely!

i cant help...
i feel so bad now..:( if the ocean was not in the way, whats stopping me!
i love the little rex baby

Minda of course we don't condemn you! If you think that another bunny will help you heal, then you should go for it. I thought that it might when you said in Elf's bridge thread that you didn't think you could be without a rabbit for long. I think that we would be the same if it ever happened to us...

Sadly as we're so far away can't help with transport but I would be happy to donate some money either to flight costs or petrol costs for the drivers, whatever helps you get the bunny to you :)

:hug:

well if the bun is going to be driven i can get to a few bridges at Pa/NJ and take to upper bucks county if this is an option for route? let me know

Minda no one condems you at all, most of us know the pain and the ease another bun can make when you are grieving

I cant help with transport but I could get some moeny I dont have paypal but I could donate to you through the foum.

Or I ould send it to Zin and she send both of ours to you or send it directly to you.

PM me and let me know

I've been telling Cathy for a long time that the next rabbit I took into my home would be from her. I didn't expect it to happen this soon, but I've had that thought in my mind for a long time. There was a brief period of time that I thought a lionhead would be a better fit for my family, since my husband wanted a smaller rabbit than Elf...but then I showed him a photo of a lionhead and he told me that wasn't what he was thinking. So...I showed him mini rex photos and he thought that was a good fit for us.
I know it will be MY rabbit...and the rabbit will own the rest of the family...but I am wanting to make hubby happy, as well. I know Cathy breeds for personality. I was glad to learn that her boys are cuddlers and like to snuggle under her chin.

I know that rexes are known for their amazing personalities. My Chaucer was a trip and was full of antics. I was known as the "bunny lady" at Florida State University, because she would go out on the green with me on a halter and leash and hop up to say hello to all the people passing by while I studied.

I have to admit, I've always said I'd get another all black rex...so the fact that he was available right exactly when I needed a cuddler...just feels like fate.

It sounds like I may need help to do this by plane. Anyone who wants to donate by paypal can do so to my [email protected] account. Make sure you make a note to tell me who you are on the boards so I can find a picture of your bunny and do a drawing for you...which will be posted AND the original mailed to you. 10% of ANY donation will be going to Patti...to Gainesville Rabbit Rescue. I know I need help, but I'll feel better if some of it goes to charity, too. If you need to mail a check, send me a PM and I will give you my snail mail address.

I can't tell you how much all of this means to me, everyone. I am trying so hard here at work not to burst into tears, but it still happens now and then. I wish my students were more understanding. They haven't been able to control their spring fever...even today when I'm so sad.

Thank you again to everyone who has posted in her rainbow bridge thread and for all the wonderful PMs. I didn't do everything right with Elf throughout her life, but I learned SO much as soon as I became a member of RO...I truly believe she wouldn't have been as happy and healthy as she was through the years without the inspiration and knowledge gained from this forum, and all the wonderful people here.

I can't imagine my life without a rabbit.

I can't imagine my life without all of you.

Aw I hope you can get the little guy! I always find that getting another rabbit soon after you loose one is helpful, it keeps you busy caring for them and getting to know them and their personality.

Good Luck!

A new bunny won't take Elf's place but will help heal the hole in your heart that her passing caused. I am glad that you are going to find a new bunny...I found that if I lost a pet, nothing helped me heal quicker than a new face in my house. And whoever that bunny might be, he/she is going to be so loved and have a great home.

Wish I was further downstate in NY as I would do a driving leg...if you need anything, let me know - I can donate a rabbit sign if folks want to contribute to get your bunny home to you...PM me if you are interested.

:hug: to you and your family -

Denise

I am pleased to hear that you are giving another bunny the chance of a wonderful life, Minda, and having had a Rex, I know how awesome they are. Of course, Elf is irreplaceable, but I'm sure she would be happy knowing another fur baby is going to help ease your pain :).

If you are going with the flight, I can help a little :)

And hugs to your daughter - it must be a difficult image to forget :(

Jan

Minda,
The fact you want another bunny "soon" is a testament to the love and happiness Elf brought into you and your family's lives.

I'm on the wrong continent to help with transport but hope it can be worked out :)

Jo xx

I have a confirmed $90 toward getting Poe home!!! Yayy!

Patti! You are wonderful. Tell me what kind of artwork you want...clay? egg? drawing? pen and ink?

Steve and Jen....You rock!!! Same thing....tell me what you want so I can do it this week and mail it out!

Kat....Thank you!!! I know things are tight for you right now, too, so your generosity means a lot to me! What kind of artwork can I do for you?

Denise...I know you're an artist yourself, but please let me know what I can create for you as a thank you!

Have I mentioned how much this forum helps warm my heart?

love_bunnie_animated_2_by_Sardes_An.gif

Minda

Elf Mommy wrote:

Patti! You are wonderful. Tell me what kind of artwork you want...clay? egg? drawing? pen and ink?

Steve and Jen....You rock!!! Same thing....tell me what you want so I can do it this week and mail it out!

Kat....Thank you!!! I know things are tight for you right now, too, so your generosity means a lot to me! What kind of artwork can I do for you?

Denise...I know you're an artist yourself, but please let me know what I can create for you as a thank you!

Minda

Can you do this picture if it is to much let me know? That was a great day filled with great memories. And they look so good together. Make sure you sign it so when you hit it big I can say I have a Minda orginal:p

SDC10439.jpg

Elf Mommy wrote:

Minda
If you can do another egg for me for my friend's birthday, I'll be more than happy to make another donation the same as the first one.

Latest posts

Back