This Forum ROCKS...Poe Coming HOME!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Minda,

My apologies for not seeing your original post sooner. (I don't follow the Rainbow Bridge forum anymore; it causes me too much anxiety. :()

I am extremely sorry for and saddened by your loss. Your photos of Elf changedmy view of the Palomino breed, whichI've since added to my "dream bun" list. Elf was--and will always be--a very special bun. Only now, she's jumping freely in wide fields of clover with other furry loved ones....Oh, dear...Nowstart the water works....:cry2

No one judges you forletting another bun into your life so soon. No bun can replace Elf, as you well know. But anotherbundle of fuzz can ease the pain andput your focus back where it ought be: on love.

My deepest symapthieson your loss; my heartfelt hope forgreat experiences with yournew baby luv-bun.

Jenk

Jenk,

Thank you. This forum has meant so much to me in this past week. I can't tell you how many times I've just been on...quietly re-reading posts I've made about Elf over the years, crying and remembering. So many have reached out to me and every one means so much.

Give your luxurious rexes some ear skritches for me.

Minda, I am so happy that you will be adding a new rabbit to your family. When Peg told me about Zeus, I knew it was right...... I feel this is right for you as well. We are all full of love for these lovely little creatures and without one, I feel many of us would be lost.

I remember when you said that one day you would be calling Cathy for a bunny..... we didn't know it would be this soon and I sure wish you still had Elf, but this is a way to help heal your family's pain from her loss. It's also great to home any bunny!

*on a strange note: Just this week, Lexi had a project in school to rewrite a Poe poem into a fairy tale...... Bridal Ballad. She did and the "magical beings" that helped save the day were bunnies...... I never think of bunnies when I think of Edgar Alan Poe.... or I didn't. LOL!*

Minda:

My donation is on its way to you via snail mail... it is so great to see everyone here pulling together to get Poe home.

That is going to be one loved little bun when he steps off the plane. I could see many RO members welcoming him with you and your family, holding signs, if we could be at the airport with you!

Congratulations... I am so happy for you and your family.

Denise

Thank you, all! He will be coming home to welcome arms.

Thank you, Kat for all the goodies!!!!

PoeHomecoming003.jpg

Elf Mommy wrote:
Thank you, all! He will be coming home to welcome arms.

Thank you, Kat for all the goodies!!!!

PoeHomecoming003.jpg

Your welcome.

Hope all enjoy I did not even think about Poe being to young. all well he has a good collection started.

I just checked my bank account. The bunny money is "processing" from PayPal. :) I should be able to write the check to send to Cathy today!!!

Hopefully vet on Saturday and flight next week. I'll be spending the weekend building his new cage and re-bunny-proofing the house. Elf wasn't much of a chewer after age 2, so lots of cords need to be covered.

Just reading this thread now! Minda, if you need any tips on flying a bunny, we flew Skyler from JAK Rabbitry in Pennsylvania to us in Alaska last April and it went great. I have lots of helpful hints if you're interested.

SnowyShiloh wrote:
Just reading this thread now! Minda, if you need any tips on flying a bunny, we flew Skyler from JAK Rabbitry in Pennsylvania to us in Alaska last April and it went great. I have lots of helpful hints if you're interested.
Absolutely! Especially on the "picking up" end of things, since I'll be doing the receiving not the sending. :D

ETA: Cathy has been absolutely fantastic throughout this whole thing. I highly recommend her as a breeder (and friend). She's on top of everything and hasn't complained once about me sending so many emails and questions. :biggrin2:

Latest posts

Back