There's something wrong with Snowy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mouse_chalk wrote:
We just got back from the vet!

We saw Clara- hoooray! But, she told us that she's leaving at the end of June to go back to university.... :cry1::cry1::cry1::cry1: Whatever will we do without her?

Anyway, she agrees that her teeth definitely need doing, and although she can't say for sure that is what's bothering her, it seems likely. Her nose is quite wet now as well. The episode on Friday night could have just been gas, or something, but since her peeing habits have been fine ever since, we think that it may have just been pain or her feeling miserable that did it :(

So, she will be going in to have her spurs filed down, but Clara wants to make sure that she's eating really well first, so she will be on Metacam for a few days, and as soon as we're happy that she's got a really good appetite, we can book her in for the dental. Her appetite is pretty good already, but we want to make sure it continues, so that we have less of a chance of any post-op stasis issues :shock:

She's doing ok today- ate lots of her breakfast, and she's out in the garden playing with Barney right now eating grass. Mouse and Chalk are in the other pen. Woohoo for sunny days!

Is their anyway Clara could give you a good referral???

Iwould be upset about the vet's moving also (Lol don't even have a good one) butI would freak if the dentist retired.
I agree that you should start working on getting another while you still have Clare.

I'm sure that Snowy will do fine with her dental.

Poor bunny, I'm keeping her in my prayers.I thought the yellow was the pee and she might of layed on it. I hope she is doing better soon!:pray::in tears:

We lost our vet right after they neutered Bo. He was in with a great exotics' vet but he had raised mini-rex and was in love with little Bo.... He moved to Washington I think they said :(

It suck that's for sure. Not only is she great at diagnosis and treatment, but she knows us well- we get on well with her, and she knows that we're good and conscientious (cannot spell that sorry!) owners and that we know a lot about rabbit care- so she talks to us on the right level if you get what I mean?

There are other vets there that are ok, and there is one at the hospital a short way away that is excellent. One of the vets we were seeing last year with Chall, Liz, might be coming back from maternity leave.The other great vet we used to see, James, left and set up his own practice on the other side of town apparently, but that's quite far to travel. Clara wasn't supposed to tell us that though!

Snowy did the dinner dance tonight!!!! :bunnydance: Hopefully within a day or 2 of this we can schedule her teeth....

She did lots of binkies in the garden earlier so she's obviously feeling a lot better- I'm guessing the metacam is helping her...

Eeekk, Jen, I missed all of this. I'm so sorry Snowy went through all this (and you and Steve too, of course ;)). I'm so pleased she is back to normal - she certainly seemed to enjoy her time outside.

I know how hard it is to lose a vet you know and trust. Hopefully, Liz will come back, or, at a push, you could travel to see James .

Jan

Ack! I missed this, too! :( This is what I get for not lurking on the forum!

I'm so sorry that Snowy was ill! I am glad that she is doing better, though! :)

That's ok, thanks! :)

Snowy is doing great at the moment. She's really lively, eating tons and full of beans. She loves binkying round the garden.

She was loving the camera yesterday:

'I iz not sick!'

IMG_9635.jpg

Latest posts

Back