There's something wrong with Snowy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mouse_chalk wrote:
I got a text from my mum to say that she's eaten lots of carrot tops and some banana, and was munching hay when she left! Yay! Were stuck in traffic in central London but not far now. My mum is going back first thing in the morning...
Thats great!!!!

Annoying that your stuck in traffic though, have a great time at the concert, glad Snowy seems to be getting better, hope it continues!

Geez I wish I had been online. Vet care was definitely great and I hope you figure out what's going on. I don't think spurs could be so uncomfortable as to cause her to not move, but spurs leading to eating differently leading to gas could make her not move. It might be good to attempt to culture the urine to determine if she has a bladder infection.

Here, we are just now getting Spring Grass. Does your grass go away in the winter? how is it there?

I ask because Spring Grass can make horses sick if they eat too much too soon.... something to do with sugars?

that makes sense BBB--the first shoots contain the stuff that was stored in the seeds over the winter as fuel for starting out again. It would make sense that they would have different composition.

Hi guys! My mum called me this morning to say that snowy is very lively this morning- she's tucking into all of her veggie breakfast and digging around for the best bits like she normally does. My mum says she's loads better than last night- she knows the bunnies well and couldn't believe that snowy didn't knock her down for dinner last night. she was having problems with barney though who hid under the coffe table and refused to come out LOL!

We're just on our way back now.

Our grass doesn't go away in the winter, it just gets very wet and muddy but then dries out in spring. I cut it the other day so it's a bit crappy looking, but still fine to nom on! I built another big pen yesterday while I was out there so I can have 2 sets of bunnies out at once! 

Hey, I didn't know Snowy was sick until just now! Poor girl. At least she's better now so I don't need to worry :D I wonder what caused her issues?

She's doing great since we got home! She's been munching on greens and hay, and running about the living room when the other bunnies were in the garden.

Her and Barney are outside now and she's having a great time! Leaping about everywhere and looking very happy.

She's not peed on herself at all since Friday night- her underneath is very clean now (except for her tail and feet which are always yellowy lol) and she has perfect litter habits again. Strange......

Her nose is still quite damp though- it's just a clear watery discharge, and it's not running, just damp around her nose. That was the first symptom of her spurs last July...

Here she is running around a few minutes ago:

IMG_9560.jpg

IMG_9561.jpg

IMG_9562.jpg

We're going to discuss with our regular vet tomorrow about getting her teeth done and any possible other causes. Seems like she's a lot recovered though. Thank God! I was so worried about our Snows.

Edit: I don't know why my pictures aren't posting? I just posted the IMG code like I normally do? :?:?:?

Here's the direct link in the meantime:

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk87/snowbarn84/Bunnies March 09/IMG_9560.jpg

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk87/snowbarn84/Bunnies March 09/IMG_9561.jpg

Your lops are just adorable - I'm glad to read that her problem got worked through and she's on the mend.

Thanks everyone!

She ate her normal amount of dinner tonight! YAAAAAAAYYYYYYY! :D

She also passed the treat test as well- that was a relief :)

Silly Snows did give us a scare...

angieluv wrote:
What cute pics .
couldn't see them earlier

I'm glad that she's better

maybe she does this on purpose when she knows you have a trip planned ;)
Thank you! :)

I think she does do it on purpose you know! Especially since the band was went to see was Snow Patrol, I could just picture her hearing that and thinking 'Snow Patrol? They're going to see another Snowy? NO WAY! I MUST STOP THEM!'

LOL! She's probably getting spurs and one might have been bothering her...... OR it could be she had a sour tummy.
Glad she's better :)

We just got back from the vet!

We saw Clara- hoooray! But, she told us that she's leaving at the end of June to go back to university.... :cry1::cry1::cry1::cry1: Whatever will we do without her?

Anyway, she agrees that her teeth definitely need doing, and although she can't say for sure that is what's bothering her, it seems likely. Her nose is quite wet now as well. The episode on Friday night could have just been gas, or something, but since her peeing habits have been fine ever since, we think that it may have just been pain or her feeling miserable that did it :(

So, she will be going in to have her spurs filed down, but Clara wants to make sure that she's eating really well first, so she will be on Metacam for a few days, and as soon as we're happy that she's got a really good appetite, we can book her in for the dental. Her appetite is pretty good already, but we want to make sure it continues, so that we have less of a chance of any post-op stasis issues :shock:

She's doing ok today- ate lots of her breakfast, and she's out in the garden playing with Barney right now eating grass. Mouse and Chalk are in the other pen. Woohoo for sunny days!

I think PIPP feeds little Pipp kale when she gets spurs...... it grinds down the spurs or something.... ask her about it.

mouse_chalk wrote:
We saw Clara- hoooray! But, she told us that she's leaving at the end of June to go back to university.... :cry1::cry1::cry1::cry1: Whatever will we do without her?
I was thinking about this. Is there another vet you like? If anything see if you could have Clara start helping them learn about your guys. Make them alittle more ready to take over in June.

Latest posts

Back