The Tobester

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well.... Here I am at work, making my collections calls. Minding my own business.

I get a text from my roommate Sarah: "Is Toby supposed to be out..... ?"

Uhh... no. No he is not. I call her.

Apparently she walked in the door and he was just chillin' in the middle of the living room. Sarah assumed that I was home from work or something, and just ignored him. Toby proceeds to dig at her door, trying to get in for attention. At this point she assumes I am NOT home, and something is amiss.

She is currently trying to coax him out from underneath my bed. I swear, there isn't a day that goes by that you can call "boring" when you have a rabbit. :shame

I've said it before and I'll say it again, what a rascal.

Ooooh Toby is so cute! I just want to pick him up and hug him!! He is a seriously adorable bunny. I say all bunnies are adorable because it's true (I maintain that the ugliest bunny is cuter than the cutest cat, and I like cats!), but Toby is EXTRA adorable. That's so funny that he escaped from his cage and was wandering the apartment looking for attention! What a sweetie :D

Great blog and nice setup on Toby's cage.

Bunny's are smarter then we give them credit for. I have a english lop that I have had to double clip her cage. I was cleaning cages one day and turned around to find her cage door open and her hopping down the hallway.

Internet was shut off on Saturday morning since we're switching providers. The tech is SUPPOSED to come tonight between 5 and 7, but you can't always depend on that.

Toby has a small puzzle house in his cage, you can spot it in the cage pictures. He does this thing where he digs in the house while he's in it, and nudges it around the floor. Here's a video from his old cage to demonstrate.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u08mfm9qHUs[/ame]

So he was doing this in his new cage over the weekend. Mister Ridiculous either forgot or didn't care that he had multiple levels, and drove that "car" right off the edge and almost took himself with it. I swear having a rabbit must be an awful lot like have a toddler. I mean, it's not like I would personally know... but it seems likely. If only you could lock toddlers up in their cages when they misbehave... Am I right moms?! Just kidding, but not really. But kinda.

Hopefully I'll have internet tonight and I'll put up more Tobester pictures. I have some gooders.

My roommate's pets:
Quasi the panther chameleon
250497_156003667803612_100001819406767_325253_6206049_n.jpg

Brutus (short hair) and Cassius (long hair)
260251_156003781136934_100001819406767_325260_3316062_n.jpg

Annnd my fishy, Blackie Chan
45162_463320642362_506927362_6602295_1099247_n.jpg

I'm trying to convince my other roommate to get a hedgehog, I know someone who breeds them that would give her a baby for freebies. Hedgies are so cute :)

Thank you Lucy! I've decided that I post entirely too much, and I'm getting self conscious about it.

Toby gets along really well with my boyfriend, which means a lot to me. He's really careful with him, and he doesn't try to pick him up or anything. He just snuggles him on the ground and lets Toby climb all over him and pets him when he gets nudged. He seems to genuinely enjoy him which I don't think every 20 something guy would. Makes my heart smile watching them play together :)

IMG_0144.jpg

Toby flopped in the corner... Put himself in time out for pooping on my pillow? Maybe.

IMG_0134.jpg

Loves his timothy hay so much he just shoves his whole head right in there. Silly rabbit.

IMG_0133.jpg

I love this picture for unknown reasons, no one else understands why I like it either.

IMG_0157.jpg

About 5 minutes ago, he gave me bun-kisses on the nose. I love this little man.

I resized the pictures, I don't know why they're being all big 'n' stuff :(

Gosh I know! He's such a little suck.

I recently got a new camera, and it's a fair bit fancier than my old straight up point and shoot one. I mean it's not an SLR or anything, but I can change shutter speed and aperture and stuff which I have 0 experience with. I read the manual online, but I still don't really understand. I decided to just play around with the settings for a little and I think I got a couple good pictures out of it, but a definitely more than a few duds.

IMG_0217-1.jpg

This one is my favourite I'm pretty sure.

IMG_0226.jpg

IMG_0216.jpg

I just like the detail on this one... I don't even remember what I did though :p

IMG_0197.jpg

Biiiig stretch!

IMG_0196.jpg

Ahaha, I kinda think he looks like a gangster thug here... True?

IMG_0168.jpg

Closest I have ever gotten to a tongue picture. For this one I should have turned DOWN the aperture.... I think? Maybe?

IMG_0166.jpg

And lastly, the obligatory "I look like a stuffed animal" picture.

OMG Toby is adorable!! He doesn't even look real, he's sooo adorable. I just love that little nose!!!

What sort of camera do you have Marisa? What I suggest is setting it in AV mode, that way you can set the aperature for what you need and then adjust the ISO speed and a few other things but the camera will make a lot of adjustments for you. It's a bit easier for moving subjects like bunnies without having to sit there and fiddle with the adjustments every few shots like you might in fully Manual mode. :)

Thanks Annette, Cait, and Dave!

Toby seems to be feeling better though still a bit sluggish. The sneezing has lessened some, and he did binky a bit earlier today (more just run around crazy fast). I'm hoping it was just something in the weather or who knows what, but something temporary.

Cait, I just have an old used Canon SX 110 IS. I wish I could afford an SLR, the pictures are so much nicer!

My last week of fulltime work, finally. I'm so swamped with school I feel like I'm drowning. It's taking a severe toll on my health; I wake up every day with a headache and don't know why.

Toby time!

IMG_0302.jpg

Little cutie.

IMG_0298.jpg

Flat bun!

IMG_0273.jpg

Nommin pellets :p

IMG_0277.jpg

Another detaily shot.

IMG_0281.jpg

Cutie!

IMG_0244.jpg

Cuddles :) Licking my arm just bein' a sweetie.

IMG_0285.jpg

Weirdo.

Out of pure curiosity, does anyone know what colour he is? I used to think a poor harlequin, but now I don't know... What would you call him?

You'd think I starve the boy the way he attacks his pellets in the morning! I got Toby a new dish for his pellets, it's a ceramic dish from Petsmart and it's extremely shallow. I'm hoping it will help with his sneezing. I've been watching him closer, and he sneezes most when he's eating. Hay, pellets, veggies, treats... anything. It's like he gets so excited about food, he starts snuffling and huffling.

I think the Orchard Grass Hay has changed the colour of his pee, and it's making me nervous. I switched him back to Timothy and I'm hoping it goes back to normal. If it doesn't I'll be seriously freaked and probably head right off to the vet.

Well it's another day... another long day at work (which of course means I refresh RO about every 3 minutes or so). I'm trying to decide if I should go back to my parents' house this weekend. I haven't been home since probably early-mid August. If I don't go home this weekend, I'll be home next since it's Thanksgiving. Meh, we'll see. I just find when I stay in the city for the weekend there's nothing to do. A lot of my "friends" are still in their party phase, and I just don't really like to go out all that much anymore.

I don't have any new Toby pictures, but I have some older ones kicking around on facebook. My roommate and I also gave her Piggies a bath, so I have some pictures from that too.

199758_10150201762757363_506927362_8542019_784880_n.jpg

First day I got him :)

229691_10150239842857363_506927362_8865499_4394804_n.jpg

His first hump :p

223018_10150320794532363_506927362_9604311_5511954_n.jpg

264742_10150312946672363_506927362_9519634_538392_n.jpg

One of the views between my parents' place and the city.

284470_10150318389022363_506927362_9579844_1101899_n.jpg

Who loves paper towel?!

Sorry it's huge. I love their feet, especially in the bath.

312799_10150390228922363_506927362_10236131_1006620030_n.jpg

Toby is the cutest!!!! You are so lucky you get to cuddle and hold him!

I don't think Canada is the best place for a Bun to spend winter!!!!!

I think you should send him to Vegas so he can hang with Vito and Lola

I'll send him back in the Spring :innocent

I <3 Toby, he's such a sweetie and adorable. He looks like a japanese harlequin to me, just not very stripy. But at least you can clearly see a strip on yours, Pip is a Japanese harlequin except it looks like someone dropped salt and pepper on his head and he has a stripe on one side of his body which then turns into a big black blotch on the other side lol. But i haven't seen many good examples of harlequin pattern in Australian lops. That's something i was thinking of working on if i decided to breed some day. ^.^

It's normal for their pee to be anywhere from a pale yellow to a bright orange. The carotenoids (part of what helps plants photosynthesize) in their food get passed in their urine and that's what results in the color change.

Latest posts

Back