The Tobester

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay first of all, thanks for the comments everyone, it's nice to know that someone is actually reading this gobbledeegook.

Secondly, Lucy you can borrow Toby if I can borrow bonkers :p

Thirdly, I just wanted to share this before I went to bed, I'll make a real update later this weekend. But I decided to come back to my parent's house for the weekend, my mom didn't know I was coming, let alone Toby (yes I brought him too!). I think she was happier to see him than she was to see me. :p

Do rabbits get used to car rides if you subject them to it more often? Cause gosh Toby sure hates em. Oh well he's all settled now, and I was carrying him around in my hoodie about an hour ago and he was making happy honking noises. I was super tired so I laid down, and HE STAYED THERE. He was lying on my chest, he has NEVER cuddled me while lying on me, EVER. He just happily laid there snuggled right up against me, still honking as I pet him and rubbed his cheeks. Ahhh my heart bunny.

I wish I would have got a picture, but instead I drew you a (very accurate) re-enactment. I'm clearly an artist.

This is what he was doing, plus I was petting him, but I couldn't draw that. My skills only go so far folks.
untitled-2.jpg

Rabbits can get used to car rides, but it can take time for some. You just need to take them out on a regular basis and make it positive or neutral. Vet visits tend to be a more negative experience, and since most rabbits only travel to the vet, they don't like travelling. You can try just going for a ride around the block or something else short. When you get him home, a treat or something can help him get over it. Some rabbits never really like to travel, but most can get used to it. Some also don't like the actual travel, but are fine afterwards.

No comments on my BEAUTIFUL drawing skills, eh? Oh well, I'll just assume you all are speechless at it's majesty.

Annette, if you look close you can see there's a little stuffed bunny under there :p It's REALLY small and I got home from work this summer, let him out, and he just immediately went nuts on it. He doesn't mount much, so it's kinda a rare sight.

Kate, my parents live about an hour and a half away from Edmonton. I went home this weekend and brought him with me since I know Toby loves it here and my mom misses him. He recovered from the drive super quick. Does it help to cover the carrier with a blanket or something so that it's dark inside, or does the discomfort come from the movement of the vehicle? I'll be bringing him home next weekend for Thanksgiving as well.

My mom has been spoiling Toby. He's had so many veggies and cheek rubs... Toby hasn't left cecotropes in months, and today he's left two bunches. That's a sign to me she's been giving him too many veggies, so I told her to cut it out. I'm not a fan of those stinky grapes. She's also been talking to Toby so much, my dad has been making so much fun of her. HOWEVER, me and Mum caught him with his nose at the cage whispering to "Bugsy" last night between movies. What a hypocrite :p

Toby keeps running in between my dresser and his cage. There isn't much space, and I can't move it any closer to the dresser or my drawers have trouble opening. I tried blocking it off with cardboard, but I guess he likes it. Toby tends to have the mentality of "Oh, you don't want me there? It's 'off limits'? ......... Challenge Accepted." So I've just resigned myself to accepting that he'll get in between there. Anyways, it's REALLY small and he looks ridiculous when he's in there.

IMG_0333.jpg

To get out he either hops (looks more like an awkward scooch) backwards, or he gets all the way to the wall, stretches up all the way, then falls backwards and somehow turns himself around mid fall. It's very intentional, so I know he isn't going to hurt himself, but it sure does make me nervous, and again looks ridiculous.

IMG_0335.jpg

This last one is a shot of him after he "backwards scooched" his way out. One ear up for style points.
IMG_0336-1.jpg

Lastly, who the heck needs a hay rack when you have this neat bag that holds it all in anyways?!
IMG_0309.jpg

PS. I GOT A TONGUE PICTURE It's back home in Edmonton with my camera. When I get home I will upload it into probably 30 different threads, including this one. It looks ridiculous. He was slurping up water and, me being the creeper that I am, was taking pictures.

Oh my gosh this Tobester gets cuter by the minute! His bro is the same way, he has a big wooden box, he fits comfortly in there with some hay. Well, Mr. Bonkerson prefers the spot between the wall and the back of the box. It was fine a couple of months ago when he was tiny, but he barely fits anymore! He, like Toby, looks very silly doing all kinds of shananegans to get in and out.
*Sigh* I want a tongue pic too!

IMG_0354.jpg

Well, here's an example of what I get to come home to every day. Please note, I did NOT leave it like that! So much for keeping things tidy. I couldn't imagine having more than just him right now :p Plus, I don't wanna share his affection with a lady bunny, teehee!

The much anticipated (for me) tongue shot!!
IMG_0345.jpg

Just kidding that wasn't it. Almost there though!

IMG_0346.jpg

THERE IT IS!

Well I guess I'll let the brat out now for a bit before bed, he did his time for peeing on my bed for the bazillionth time.

Lucy, it scares me sometimes how alike the Bonks and Toby are :p

Oh my Toby is Adorable.

I sure hope you are enrolled in Art Class, that was a Genius drawing.:p

I'd be a little frightened that Toby can hurt himself in that small area that squeezes in. Do you have any extra NIC panels? I'd use a couple to block that area off..

Love thetongue picture.:heartbeat::inlove::big kiss:

Susan:weee::pinkbouce::yahoo:

Thanks Susan! Since I posted those pictures I switched to a water crock instead of a bottle. I was able to move the cage over some so that he can't squeeze in between anymore 'cause I had the same concern you did :)

Oh my art is unbelievable, I know. I should probably just drop out of university and pursue art, I'm sure that would work out well for me. :p

Toby's doing well. He's still sneezing but still binkies all over, and he eats, and breathes normally. I still have the antibiotics just in case but I'm holding off until I know for sure.

I am planning on getting him neutered especially with his recent habits... but I'm still going to try to hold off until this coming spring so that he can pay for his own neuter. Fingers crossed!

Picture time once again.
IMG_0368.jpg

IMG_0365.jpg

IMG_0364.jpg

IMG_0361.jpg

Lazing in the newly cleaned cage :)

IMG_0358.jpg

Wellllll I guess so Lucy :p

I was back at my parent's house for the Thanksgiving weekend, so the scenery is a bit different and you may see a lot of wires in the pictures. I was about two feet away from him at all times, and we unplugged every single one that he could reach so he couldn't be hurt if he did chomp. I'm sure Mum woulda been maaad!

I've also noticed his head being tilted sometimes when he's looking at things, but other times it looks completely normal. I've decided to start him on the antibiotics I have anyways. I called the vet before I left for the weekend and asked for a quote on the lab work to confirm if he has a bacterial infection causing the sneezes. She said it would be FOUR HUNDRED DOLLARS. JUST for the tests!! No way Jose.

We tried Toby with brussel sprouts and pumpkin, he tolerated the pumpkin but seemed to really like the sprouts leaves.

IMG_1448.jpg

IMG_1626.jpg

You can see Mum doing laundry :p
IMG_1619.jpg

Hello Kitty??
IMG_1622.jpg

Do not like!
IMG_1613.jpg

What's that...
IMG_1614.jpg

Sniff sniff sniff
IMG_1615.jpg

No wait... What's THAT?
IMG_1603.jpg

Got his face caught in the blanket...
IMG_1609.jpg

Off to inspect other things.
IMG_1598.jpg

Like wood!
IMG_1599.jpg

Well this isn't exciting...
IMG_1591.jpg

Helloooooo I missed you!
IMG_1574.jpg

Silly wabbit, that's what happens when you nose bump dirty fire tongs.
IMG_1553.jpg

How grouchy does he look here... haha devil bun.
IMG_1543.jpg

My mum walked into the rec room and startled him :p
IMG_1544.jpg

You can see his butt disappearing.
IMG_1508.jpg

Hellooooo Mummy!
IMG_1505.jpg

Such poise!
IMG_1484.jpg

Great posture.
IMG_1463.jpg

What's up here...
IMG_1482.jpg

King of the mountain!
IMG_1575.jpg

Super bun... Awaaaaay!

Thanks for the Toby fix :D

Im sending you good vibes so that the head inclination is nothing to worry about.

Bonkers send his bunny regards to his bro :)

Did I mention how envious I am of your artistic abilities? :p

I hope Toby is good and well and that the head tilting is nothing too serious.

As for the car rides, my Layla did fine with her car ride home. No freaking out or anything. She just wanted out of the carrier. I will probably be bringing her with me to my grandma's house at Thanksgiving time.. the only problem is she won't have a good place to run around inside but it's only for 4 days so I'm sure she'll survive.

He's so cute! Can only imagine if he was closer to Layla the adorable and mischievous munchkins they'd produce.. Not that I'm intended to breed her, but Toby would find a way ;)

Thanks Bobbi and Dave :)

Lucy, Toby's doing SO much better. The first few days of medication were scary, I almost had several heart attacks. He's completely normal once again and just had a wonderful dead bunny flop after chewing some cardboard. My brother bought him a crinkly cat tunnel which he hasn't completely warmed up to, but he seems interested in it. He also demolished the willow ball I got for him which is great since he doesn't chew his other chew toys and I was getting worried about his teeth. Hooray!

IMG_0404.jpg

Nom cardboard.

IMG_0397.jpg

Just being a silly goose like usual.

IMG_0395.jpg

No idea what is with his fur here... sometimes I think he might be part lionhead :p

IMG_0393.jpg

I find it so funny when buns lie out like this.

IMG_0388.jpg

I bent a spare wire cube panel as a hay rack... Toby decided it's a comfy seat while he noms his hay. Silly boy!

I've accidentally left Toby out overnight in my room a couple of times this weekend, and he's woken me up at 7am both mornings with face licks/jumping onto my face. I figure it's cause he knows he usually gets his pellets then. Smart boy.

Well Tobes has been quite the grouch lately. When I let him out he's under the bed 90% of the time. Oh well what can you do right... His medicine will be done tomorrow so hopefully he chills out.

It's midterm season for me, and of course the profs all decide to make every paper due during midterms too. In the past two weeks I've had a history paper, group project and paper for Organizational Behaviour, midterm for ORGA, midterm for marketing, paper for marketing, midterm paper and group project for MSYS. Haha I can't wait for it to be over. Oh and next Thursday I have my Cost Accounting final because I took it through correspondence. Needless to say the stress is running freely and strongly.

Here are the couple of pictures I've managed to snag since the grouch has been hiding.

IMG_0415.jpg

My brother bought him this crinkly cat tunnel, he loves to run through it back and forth. There's also a peekaboo hole in the middle that he enjoys a lot.

IMG_0387.jpg

Here's my boy sitting in his hay rack... once again.

054.jpg

One from this past summer.

He's not so cute anymore!! Just kidding he's still cute, but my finger still hurts. Why you might ask?!

How to feed your rabbit carrots: By Marisa

305277_10150420678312363_506927362_10415483_1464428940_n.jpg

Step 1: Hold carrot for rabbit as they nom adorably.

319971_10150420678817363_506927362_10415487_517397022_n.jpg

Step 2: As they nom closer, pinch carrot with nails so it can't be pulled from your hand.

299043_10150420679802363_506927362_10415491_2009564377_n.jpg

Step 3: Marisa is dumb and got nommed. Ouch.

Step 4: Don't listen to Marisa.

Latest posts

Back