The Three Musketeers

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Morgan, thanks so much, yes, you´re behind us by about 7 hours so it´ll be Christmas here before there.

I am just about to head back down to my friend´s house and the dog as I am cooking my turkey tonight so I can get a head start tomorrow.

Yes, the views from my friends Vicky´s house are beautiful and the view driving down from my house is lovely when it´s a good clear day. I forgot to tell you that on the way back, I could see the coast of Morocco and also Gibraltar and that´s about 70 miles away.

The nativity scene is so awesome, it´s on three levels and she always gets some new figures every year. She bought a waterfall this year which is on the second level. Í don´t know how she has the patience to do it all and she has a tree as well.

And yes, I hope the buns turn out OK. We call them hamburger buns or baps and cinnamon cakes. It´s funny as I´m not sure you use some of the expressions I do so do ask.

I´m looking forward to having a good Christmas now as I´ll be with my little heart buns and my good friend who´s called Moses. It´s also my birthday just don´t ask how many hahaha.

Hoping you have a wonderful time with your family and that the New Year brings you lots of good things. I´m sure Ellie will also bring you lots of joy in the coming years and Foo, your little heartbun will be looking down at you all and keeping you safe.

:bunnyheart

My birthday is on the 25th. Wish your mum a really great birthday, we Christmas babies have to stick together. Funnily enough, my nephew was also born on Christmas day.....here's to all the Christmas kids :kiss1:

Have been up since before 7am decorating my carrot cake and getting all the stuff ready to take back to my house to do the lunch. What am I like...I'd brought everything up here and now I'm taking it back but I really want to spend my Christmas with my boys as it's their first one and, I think, their birthdays as well as I got them on the 27th January and they were around 4 weeks old or thereabouts so I've decided they were Christmas babies. How cool is that to celebrate my birthday and theirs together. It was so nice as well when I got back yesterday that the gardener at my friend's house had cut some really nice twigs to take back for them, probably pear and apple.

You'll probably be in bed as I'm writing this but hope that your Christmas brings you lots of good things and happy memories.
:happyrabbit:These will be mine when I get home with all their nommy things.

:hearts::bestwishes::USAflagwaving:

By the way, after some weather, it's miserable and grey today with thunder this morning. Hope it brightens up later :sunshine:

What is Boxing Day? You put it on my blog that in Spain they don't celebrate Boxing day and I know its a British thing. I watch a lot of British television and they've mentioned it before, but we don't celebrate it here in the US. lol

Morgan, it's the day after Christmas and is a national holiday in the UK and a few other places as well. It originated when tradesmen collected "Christmas boxes" of money or presents on the first weekday after Christmas as thanks for good service throughout the year as they would have to wait on their masters on Christmas Day, the servants of the wealthy were allowed the next day to visit their families. The employers would give each servant a box to take home containing gifts and bonuses, and sometimes leftover food. And hence, the name "Boxing" day.

It's a nice tradition as you get to have an extra day to recover from overeating on Christmas day and you get to have the same meal in leftovers lol. That's what I had to eat today, another Christmas dinner but I loved it.

Boys were fine today. I think I mentioned on another blog that I was a bit worried as Snowy and Houdini were a bit boisterous yesterday when I put them away. They were chasing each other and Snowy wasn't enjoying it. At one point, I thought they were going to nip each other but everything was OK, I waited about an hour to leave to make sure they'd settled. They were like kids where one wants to play and the other doesn't. Anyway, today they were back to normal. I do hate putting them away so early as they're usually up with me until midnight at least which is when they're more active but they seem to be OK and it's only 12 days to go now.

How's Ellie doing, I love the photo of her little face, she's got such gorgeous markings and I swear, I feel like she's going to be a female Houdini. But I do love that little fella and he's so smart and although he's not keen on being picked up that much, he does love to come on the sofa with me just so he can have a cuddle and some nose rubs.

Hmm. We don't have that tradition here, but it would be nice! My husband would maybe get another day off work! hahha. We always eat left over holiday meals for a few days after the holiday. Tonight, we're having ham and potato casserole, with a side of london broil that I'm probably going to turn into some Asian stir-fry. haha. Its going to be a weird dinner. I love holiday left overs!

Those 12 days are going to fly by! I'm glad they're better today though.

Ellie is good today. She is going to be so mischievous like Houdini, I'm sure! hahah. She only likes to be picked up a certain way and thats if I cup her in both of my hands with her facing me. But she'll soon out grow that way of being picked up. haha. Shes a silly rascal.

Yes, it does mean an extra day off, the best is when it falls at the weekend and they move it to the next working day...there are a couple of years when everyone gets four days in a row for Christmas (weekend plus Monday and Tuesday).

Sounds like a real feast, don't know if you need that French cuisine as you seem to be a great cook anyway. I suppose it's always nice to do something new.

I really do think Ellie is going to be a little Houdini. She does a lot of things the way he does and she's really lively and inquisitive as well. I love to think that we'll able to share stories as I'm sure she'll get up to mischief just like him...but you can't stay sore at them for long especially when they look at you with that little cute face lol.

Wow! nice nativity scene. It really shows a lot. It must have been hard for your friend to set that up.

Its cool that your birthday is on christmas. When you were a kid did you get extra presents since it was your birthday as well as christmas?

I did get birthday and Christmas presents but I suppose when you´re born on Christmas day, you don´t know any different so that´s how things are. Everyone still makes a fuss and I know so many people born on that day that it´s unbelievable. I suppose the odds are the same as been born any other day. My nephew was born on the same day with a difference of twenty years...do I feel old now lol

Just got the video of the scene today as am showing it here....it is really awesome, it took her two days to set up but I think it´s fab...

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid1254.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fhh606%2Fchrisdoc17%2FVID-20121227-WA0000_zps8578c92d.mp4">

Not sure if the above has worked so here it is again, just click on it...

I will as she spends loads of time putting it together. I feel like opening her house to show everyone how amazing it is but she´s got such much imagination for this kind of stuff.

A bit of a stressful today, Houdini and Snowy have started to have a go at each other. Nothing serious but it is worrying me as they are living together at the moment and I don´t want anything breaking out when I´m not here. They are just sort of playing tag quite boisterously but not sure where it might lead.

Oh no! I hope they calm down. Its amazing how fragile rabbits are, when it comes to outside emotions and environment changes!
I hope this doesn't effect their bond, I'm worried for them. Its almost over though, hopefully they can just make it 11 more days! And when you do finally get home to stay home you better give them the biggest treats possible! hahaha.
Ughhh, now I'm going to be worried about your rabbits and they're thousands of miles away in a different country!

Morgan, well I'm stressed out and I've had to separate them as they were getting quite agressive today. I spent about an hour and a half in the bathroom with them and they were really having a go but I had to leave so I've put Houdini in a separate cage and left Bandy and Snowy together. I'm devastated as it's probably from changing their enclosure round on Sunday, not sure but it's the only thing I can think of although Houdini seemed a bit strange today and he's the agressive one so I'll keep my eye on him when I get back tomorrow. I'm so upset and I'm sitting her in my friend's house and worrying about how they're doing. Don't know how I'm going to survive the rest of the time.

I'm just hoping it's a passing thing and that they'll get back to normal really quickly. I love those little guys so much and can't bear to see them like this. I've already asked one of my other friends if she'll come down tomorrow and we can maybe take them out in the car to see if that settles them down. I'm ready to try anything at the moment :help

I'm sorry that your boys are having issues. Maybe if you are worried about them, would taking them with you to stay there, work? Or would that be too stressful? I hope you are able to find something that works for you and them.

I have to say that nativity is absolutely incredible. I don't think I have the patience to do something like that. Just amazing!

Edit: Can you switch their enclosure back to the way it was? Maybe that will help them feel more secure.

Jenny, I was thinking of putting it back as it was last week, I'm going to do it tomorrow I think but I'm still gonna try and take them out together and continue on neutral territory to see if they resolve their issues. It worked the last time so I'm hoping history will repeat itself. I don't think it would working moving them down with me as I have doubts about the dog bothering them and stressing them so prefer to leave them in their own house with all their own famililar smells and things.

I'm just really unsettled tonight so will probably be up really early to head back down to see them in the morning.

The nativity is a work of art. She actually changes it every year as I'm sure it would be difficult to remember where you put everything from one year to the next. They have a competition over here for the best one which she's never entered, I think she should but there are some much bigger ones in the local churches and town hall.

Bunny troubles leave me really unsettled too. Maybe this little break from each other will help.

Latest posts

Back