The tales of two dwarfs and a lionheart

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was really funny lol, I'll have a go at sexing Loki tomorrow. I liked the Hobbit but I felt like it didn't stick to the book very well.

I haven't read the hobbit book ever. I really liked the movie. I can't wait to see the next 2 parts of it. The next one is coming out in December.

Also I noticed your new avatar. Its cute! :)

Ooh I thought it was coming out in November...Lol it's probably my excitement for Catching Fire, I seriously can not wait for it to come out, they did such an awesome job on the first one. And thanks! :)

Oh I gave the babies a couple small leaves of basil today, they loved it lol. And tomorrow I'm going to try my hand at baking some homemade bunny treats! I've looked up a couple recipes and I think I've got the idea of it. I'll post pictures of them when I'm done. :)

I can't wait for the Hobbit either! :)

Good luck wth your bunny cookies! I've baked Ash some cookies before. The first time it was a MESS! LOL. The cookies were so crumbly and they didn't hold up too well. The second time it worked better, at least they held up. Are you going to use a recipe from online? Or just make up your own.

I looked up some recipes, I also have an idea of some that I want to make. I've looked up the basics of making them and I think I've got the idea. I'll probably divide it in two and add herbs to one batch and fruit to the other.

So they were done at exactly 12(how convenient lol) and they're in the oven for an hour to dehydrate or whatever. I'll post pictures when I pull them out! Hopefully the bunnies like them lol.

And here's the finished treats! They've got banana, rabbit pellets, and oatmeal in them, and a couple sprigs of rosemary on some of them just because I had it laying around lol. I've put one in Pip's food dish so we'll see if he likes them.

v63lgl.jpg
[/IMG]

So I just went out to check and that treat was loong gone lol. Pip came to the front of his cage hoping for more too!

I made the recipe off the top of my head. Here it is. :)

1 cup rabbit pellets softened with water
1 mashed banana
1/4 cup oatmeal(I think that's probably what is was)

Mix everything together and bake in the oven for 20 minutes at 325 farenheit. After they're done turn off the oven and leave the cookie sheet in for an hour to dry them out. :) I scooped my balls with a Tbsp and I have them all chopped into quarters for my bunnies lol. For a big bunny like Ash probably half of one(or the whole thing lol) would probably be good. :)

They probably would be if there are a lot of bunny owners who go to the farmers market.

I'll let you know how Ash likes them, but before I make them I have to get some oats!

They look great, I¨m going to try them too, bet mine would love them.

Mine all adore basil, it´s their absolute favourite of all the herbs although they do really like sage as well. I probably won´t buy it much during the summer as it doesn´t last long in this heat and you can´t refrigerate it as it makes the leaves go all brown so they´ll be eating less for the next couple of months.

I´ll let you know how my cookies turn out.

Thanks Chris! The banana held the treats together really well. Maybe you could grow some basil in a pot inside your house? We can grow it here I guess it doesn't get as hot lol. And if ya'll wanna post pictures on here of your cookies when you make them I'd love to see how they turned out! :)

Back