The Rabbit: An Unexpected Journey

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry i haven't updated. My grandfather passed away so I haven't had time to update as I've been with the family. I have been checking in on the rabbits morning and night though and they're all doing great and i think all but 1 or 2 have opened their eyes. They're 11 days today. =)

Will post pics in a bit.

Merry & Gimli's Litter @ 11 Days old

Just waiting for the choc and 1 of the white ones to open their eyes now. But they look like they're starting to open, maybe they will be by the end of the day!

034.jpg

033.jpg

032.jpg

029.jpg

028.jpg

027.jpg

025.jpg

024.jpg

022.jpg

020.jpg

Here are the rest of the pics. They ventured out for what i assume was the first time today. I saw the chestnut one come out first but by the time i had gone to get my phone he was back in the nest and a few others were out.

018.jpg

017.jpg

015.jpg

009.jpg

007.jpg

006.jpg

040.jpg

039.jpg

036.jpg

Cute :) Did mom look panicked when she saw the babies venturing out looking for her? My momma bun was frantic! She finally ended up hopping in the litter box to escape the babies pursuit of her. This is a really fun stage, after they open their eyes, cause they start exploring, then those little hops just pop out of no where. I just love when they are 2-4 weeks. All the newness of everything they do, plus they are still little enough that they like to snuggle, and don't just want to be off playing.

Cute :) Did mom look panicked when she saw the babies venturing out looking for her? My momma bun was frantic! She finally ended up hopping in the litter box to escape the babies pursuit of her. This is a really fun stage, after they open their eyes, cause they start exploring, then those little hops just pop out of no where. I just love when they are 2-4 weeks. All the newness of everything they do, plus they are still little enough that they like to snuggle, and don't just want to be off playing.

No she didn't seem to be very worried. She did hop over to them for a few seconds, them hopped back to her spot where she was having a snooze.

It was so cute when they were coming out of their nest and hopping around in mums area, sniffing and it looked like they were nibbling on some hay or a pellet or something. I wonder if mum has fed them some of her poo yet?

Sounds like you have a much calmer momma bun then I have. It was pretty funny to see mine searching for somewhere safe from all of those hungry babies.

Oh, I was going to mention something about the bars spacing. I can't tell how wide it is, but you'll want to make sure they can't squeeze their little bunny heads between the bars. They have a knack for finding trouble at this age :)

Sounds like you have a much calmer momma bun then I have. It was pretty funny to see mine searching for somewhere safe from all of those hungry babies.

Oh, I was going to mention something about the bars spacing. I can't tell how wide it is, but you'll want to make sure they can't squeeze their little bunny heads between the bars. They have a knack for finding trouble at this age :)

Eeek, thanks for the heads up, I'll see what i can do about making sure they can't stick their heads through.

That would have been a funny sight to see. Poor mum bun probably realised her peace and quiet time was coming to an end. hehehe

How adorable! In that last picture in your first post of pictures, the little dusky grey one (whatever that colour is called, blue maybe? :p) looks like it's going to have long hair.

Love them!

How adorable! In that last picture in your first post of pictures, the little dusky grey one (whatever that colour is called, blue maybe? :p) looks like it's going to have long hair.

Love them!

Yay! I <3 fluffy buns. hehe

I think it's a blue tort. They still look bluish tort rather than black but i guess they could still turn black? Or is what we see pretty much the colour they are going to be when they're older? :hyper:

Some rabbits change a lot through moults, but I think in this case that what you see here is generally what you're going to end up with.

Just love seeing them all as they develop. You have such a mixture of colours and they are all so gorgeous...I just love seeing those little faces, they are just adorable. Keep the pics coming...I´m lovin them.

Some rabbits change a lot through moults, but I think in this case that what you see here is generally what you're going to end up with.

I hope so cause i love the blue. Though I'll still be happy even if they did end up black tort. ^.^

Aww, they are all so cute! Its cute that they are opening their eyes now. And hopping about. :)

Yes! One of the hopped out of the nest again, one of the white ones. I wonder if they hop around near mum when im asleep? :rabbithop

Just love seeing them all as they develop. You have such a mixture of colours and they are all so gorgeous...I just love seeing those little faces, they are just adorable. Keep the pics coming...I´m lovin them.

I would have LOVED an orange and a blue, but i got a chocolate so im very happy i finally have a choc bun. ^.^

I really wish i could keep them all. It's going to be so hard saying goodbye to 2 of them. But at least I'll be able to see 1 of them whenever i want to as my cousin will be taking one. :happyrabbit:

Merry & Gimli's Litter @ 12 Days old

Here they are, 12 days later, their eyes wide open and ready to explore the world outside their nest box!

They all climbed out of the pink box i usually keep them in while i take pics and decided that they had to snuggle up to me. I didn't want to put them back in their nest box, it was just so adorable.

036.jpg

035.jpg

034.jpg

033.jpg

032.jpg

031.jpg

030.jpg

029.jpg

028.jpg

022.jpg

I couldn't get individual pics because they wouldn't stop trying to climb out of the box. Everytime i tried to take an individual shot, one of them climbed out so I'd move and the pic wouldn't turn out. I'll have to start using a deeper box.

I saw Merry feeding them for the first time! I only got to see her bum though. But it was exciting none the less. ^.^ You can see her bum too! :bunnybutt::p

019.jpg

016.jpg

014.jpg

013.jpg

012.jpg

008.jpg

004.jpg

003.jpg

They are so so so adorable! It looks like some of them are going to be different than others some different colors some furry some more short furred. They are really cute! And that's exciting that you saw merry feeding the kits, it must have been so fun to watch! :)

I just think they are all just gorgeous. I love the picture where you can see the little white ones sleepy face. He has quite a wide nose but he´s adorable. Love all the colours but I have a weakness for little white bunnies.

Good that you´ll get to get news on the ones you let go of. Loving the pics, yes, they are all so different and I´m sure their little personalities will soon develop. Any ideas on names yet ???

Merry & Gimli's Litter @ 13 Days old

They grow so much in 1 day!

How do people manage to get them to sit still in certain positions long enough to take pics? Most of them came out blurred or out of focus because as usual, they wouldn't sit still. -.- Some pics are just terrible quality but I'll upgrade my camera one day soon.

099.jpg

094.jpg

092.jpg

090.jpg

088.jpg

084.jpg

080.jpg

078.jpg

077.jpg

074.jpg

The first 6 in the previous post are of one of the blue torts. Do you think it's looking more like a black tort in one of them? It still looks blue in real life though. Then again my eyes have deceived me before! The last 4 are of the choc.

073.jpg

072.jpg

070.jpg

068.jpg

066.jpg

065.jpg

061.jpg

059.jpg

058.jpg

053.jpg

Latest posts

Back