THE MONKEYS!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I thought i'd share our eventful evening with you all!

Last night, we went to bed, as usual, daytona played with his nightnight cookies, mum said good night to the jungle, for another day, andwe went to sleep....

at 4am, I heard this LOUD CRASH! I bolted up from my sleep(which wasgood, I was dreaming of Colin Ferral, YUMMY) LMBO! only to find Daytonaand Peter the same as me! Peter and I looked at eachother, and hescreamed, THERE'S A RABBIT ON THE BED!

Now Buster and Tucker get locked up at night in thier condos, and Emmahas a gate across her door... So i'm thinking yeah right, loony toon,go back to the nut house!

As he's talking, I tell him to be quiet, (although I wasn't that niceabout it at the time) I can hear thumping, OVER AND OVER AND OVERAGAIN!

So now i'm freakin' RIGHT OUT!Peter said he saw something onthe bed, Daytona was SCARED out his mind! (nice gaurd dog eh?????) Soi'm thinking what is the house, and WHO IS THUMPING, AND WHY?

I go into jungle, the two Monkeys! are on alert! Both sitting straightup wide awake, looking at me like what the heck is goin' on mum!?!?!?

So I run my butt into Emmas room, SHE'S THUMPING STILL, OVER AND OVER.....

I run back into the jungle to get her some food to coax her out so Ican see if she's ok... Load up the food, nothing, so I lay on thefloor, in a calming voice, i call her, she comes right out and flopsbeside me, relieved, she lets out a sigh, and starts to sleep...

As she's sleeping I looked around, her waterdisheis knocked over, her towel is soaked, her water bottleis knocked off, and she's breathing heavily still...

So I wake her up to get her to hop around to make sure she hasn't broken anything or is bleeding anywhere. She's fine!

So I get her a clean dry towel, refill her water, and tell her I loveher, and turned out her light. (she has a night light, so she can seeher food and stuff) I watched in the dark hallway to see what she did,she went under her dresser and flopped, out like a light!

So then I had to go in and tell the boys Emma was ok, and give them lovin's too.

Oh but it doesn;t end there....

Daytona and Peter are STILL freaked out! Peter is SO SURE he sawsomething on the bed... He says it was a little grey, or brown bunny.He is possitive Daytona saw it too!

So who was my little visitor last night????????

Not only do I have three VERY diiferent REAL bunnies, now i've got a ghost bunny too?!?!?!?!?

What freaked Emma out SOOO much, that would cause her to knock all her things aound?

the mystery of the little grey bunny?!!?!?!?!?

:thumper:

You know Tina, I thought that exact thing last night when it happened... I just wish, i'd have seen her...

I didn't feel freaked out about it, it woke me up in a startle, but nothing scared me... IT WAS PETER! LMBO! Big strong man!

I was gonna suggest watching that movie, but I don't have it, and wouldn't even know where to get it!

Emma is still REALLY timid about the whole thing... She's been hiding all day, under her dresser!

Oh and Tina, I tried to put the pumpkin in thier bowls, and Emma andTucks STILL won't eat it! all they've had is thier salad, and whateverpellets from last night...

I CAN"T WIN!

Emma and Tucker have been gettinglesssons from thier cousin Apollo. He is the same way. I knew givinghim own account on here wold be trouble.:disgust:

I wish I knew what to tell you Sweetie but I am in the sameboat with him. OMGosh did you really think it was Misty? I thought itbecause you wre on the phone with me for so long and I was holding herthe whole time.;)

Poor Peter, I'm trying not tolaugh Sorrybudddy itcouldn't be helped. Dale is the same way, somethingwill startle him and he'll play it off like hejust jumped tosee what I'd do...yea right.:p

I hope Emma settles down soon, poor girl. Watch her and makesure she's eating and everything ok. Oops forgot who I was talking to.I know you are going to be watching all of them closely.

Tina

Well scratch Emma from the list of NON PUMPKIN eaters...

SHE ATE HER FIRST BIT OF PUMPKIN TODAY! YAY!

I left it in her bowl, and I guess she got tired of me going in herroom, and not bringing food, SO! SHE ATE IT! YAY! and as soon as it wasgone, I cleaned her dishes, and put he pellets in! She's in there nowjust gobbling them up!

TUCKS ON THE OTHER HAND! His name should be devil bunny! He justrefuses to eat it! I left it in his bowl for the day, and stillnothin', not even a sniff....:growl:I don't know how to get him to tryit!?!?! I tried putting it on his feet, but, he does the flick thing,and it goes EVERYWHERE! I think we need to revoke Apollos memberrights... he's filling my Tucks head of negitive pupmkin thoughts....

Tina that was the FIRST thing that popped into my head last night whenPeter said a grey or brown, "little" bunny.... I just didn't want topost anything about it, because I didn't want to step on your toes, orstir things up again....

but now I know you're ok with this, yes, I honestly thought of Mistywhen he said that! I wanted to pm you last night, but again, I didn'tknow how you'd feel... next time, if there is a next time, Iwish I could see her... but with all the stiredup noises, maybe it scared her off....

Tucks and Bust were up and allert too, maybe she did her rounds, ortried to, anyways... before we startled her. Emma certainly was scaredthough... poor baby. I'm goona take some pics now, and i'll post themup later!

:kiss:

You are so sweet. I am ok, It stillhurts and it always will, but I remember all the good times I had withher and I can't help but laugh. I am grateful for the time I was givenwith her.

She went to Jim's house and helped S'more so why not Jungle. Yea Emma!! You Go Girl!!

Apollo got a talking to about the whole Anti-Pumpkin campaignhe seems to be the head of. He said he won't do it no more. Ithreatened to take away his dried pineapple atnight.:shock:

This is going to sound really odd. Does Tucker like salt?Christa didn't really like the pumpkin so I put the tiniest pinch ofsalt on it and she gobbled it all up. I only did it that one time.

Tina

I don't know if any of them like salt...

They had those salt lick things, but they peed on 'em, so they went in the trash, and I just never replaced them...

Maybe i'll try that in the morning... With the air con on, I think itdries out their skin, and causes more hair loss. We;ve had two nicecool days here FINALLY! and I've turned it off, and have the windowsopen for the fresh air we so despratly needed in the Jungle! So I wantto make sure he's eating something to help, I mean he's pooping fine,and hair comes out in it, but i'm like you and WORRY about EVERYTHING!

I'll try it in the morning!

Thanks Tina, you're awesome!

:hug:

No thanks are neccessary Sweetie. I just hope he eats it.

I've been brushing Apollo every day. This crazy weather herehas thrown everybunny into a molt.:disgust:I brush the othersevery other day because they are eating their hay and pumpkin, but myproblem child won't eat it so he gets brushed.

I so hope itworks.

Tina

Okay, this -Peter and I looked ateach other, and he screamed, THERE'S A RABBIT ON THE BED!
and this - Daytona was SCARED out his mind! (nice guard dog eh?????)

have me rolling around on thefloor trying not to wet myself!Then top it off withthis- Daytona and Peter are STILL freaked out! Peter is SO SURE hesaw something on the bed...

And I just can't standit!

I can almost see the two of them hiding under the covers, peeking out, while Mom goes to check for boogie men!

Raspberry

LMBO RAZZ!

That's what it was like too...

I bugged the pants off Peter yesterday! but he SWEARS up and down heknows what he saw... I told him about the Misty thing, and he said, ohgreat we;ve got a ghost bunny... I told him how sweet she was, and hesaid alright she can stay.... LIKE WE HAVE A CHOICE! ghosts come and goas they please....

MEN!URGH!

Tina, I brush them all, but was paying MORE attention to Emma andTucks. Now I guess i'll just have to really worry aboutTucks....

This morning I gave them all a small piece of fresh pineapple! MMMMMMthat is SOOO good! Buster gobbled his RIGHT up, Tucker licked it, andshowed the pineapple his bunny butt! and Emma wanted nothing to do withit!

:dunno:

I know it's not as good as the freshpineapple but have you tried the dried pineapple and dried papaya? Allof bunny crew love it and grab it out of my hands before I can put itin their bowls, even Apollo.:shock:Just another option.

I'm glad I'm not the only one with a picky boy.

he said alright she can stay.... LIKE WE HAVE A CHOICE! ghosts come and go as they please....

Tina

I looked today at the grocerry store for some dried pineapple, and papaya, but couldn't even find it fresh....

So listen Tina, I told Peter, about my wollo baby, and he said, now that's a rabbit!

So put me on the list for sure buddy!

YAY! My very own wollo!

Hey Lyndsy,

I found the dried papaya at the pet store, under the bird treatsection. My Jordi girl is very picky as well, will not eat any fruit(including bananas), except for dried papaya!

Steph

PS Very jealous of you gettinga Wollo baby.

:bunnydance:You are so getting one.

Only with the whole jungle thing I think it's more like you're getting a gorilla.:laugh:

I get the dried pineapple in the same aisile you get raisinsand such from. I get the dried papaya from a health food store. If Irun out before I can get to the health store I go ahead and get thetropical mix also in same aisle as the raisins. It has papaya,pineapple, mango, banana chips and coconut shavings in it. It works ina pinch.

I am so excited Peter said yes to a Wollo baby. :hug:

Tina

:bunnydance:You are so getting one.

:yes:I'm sooo freakin' excited!

I looked in the isle with all the dried fruit, because I likethe fruit 2 go's, but all they had was rasins, crasins, fruit2go, andsome mango stuff, and apple chips....So, I don't know,maybe i'll try the pet store next time I need to go, or the health foodstore, what about bulk barns?!?!?!

I never thought of buying it in bulk. The next time I'm there I'll have to see if they have it.

I know you can get the papaya at some pet stores. It's in thebird section. It's called fruit toppings or something like that. It'ssmall little different colored cubes and is like $2 us for a fewounces.

Let me know if you can find it anywhere ok. If not I'll see what I can do.

Tina

i get the Kaytee Healthy Toppings dried papayaat PetLand, Lynsy..I've seen it mostly in the bird section like Tinamentioned, but now and then I see it in the small critter section..i'tsthe same thing in both places though :) my two absolutely LOVE thestuff. after we started giving it for treats they circle around ourlegs like mad trying to love us to get treats lol

Latest posts

Back