The Mini Rex

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh she is gorgeous.I love Mini Rex.:)

But you could say i love all bunnies but Mini Rex and Holland Lops are my fav.:biggrin2:

Keep us updated on her progress.Good luck.:bunnydance:

Ok so I have Kalea and Savannah up at the house right now. I took a ton of pictures. Mostly of Kalea. I will download them on the computer after I take them back outside.

Kalea is sure acting like a baby bunny! She is getting into everything, chewing on everything and very curious! She really likes Savannah and was following her around a bit, but Savannah doesn't like her, she was trying to nibble her a sniff her butt and charging at her a bit when Kalea came into her little "area". Kalea is just a baby though and doesn't know not to leave Savannah alone.

So I will have the pics up by 7:00 hopefully!

Ok here are the pictures of Kalea and Savvy's indoor adventure together! Complete with captions!

Kalea-RaeandSavannah3-10-08015.jpg
Here is Savannah! I love this picture of her!

Kalea-RaeandSavannah3-10-08014.jpg
Here is Kalea peeking out of her box to get a bite of banana!

Kalea-RaeandSavannah3-10-08013.jpg
Kalea just hanging out!

Kalea-RaeandSavannah3-10-08012.jpg
Kalea on her back!

Kalea-RaeandSavannah3-10-08009.jpg
Savannah on RO.

Kalea-RaeandSavannah3-10-08008.jpg
Kalea on RO.

Kalea-RaeandSavannah3-10-08005.jpg
Giving kisses!

Kalea-RaeandSavannah3-10-08002.jpg
Cleaning herself! :camera

I took more but they aren't as good. Maybe I will post them tomorrow! I hope you enjoy this pics from today!:popcorn2

Lol! She is such a character! She tried eating everything she could get her little mouf on, including my glasses and a litle toy boat, the rug and several other things!!

Here is a really cute pic of kalea I forgot:

KaleaandSkyler001.jpg
She is trying to look over the pillow! She is looking at me like " I want to run with Aunty Savannie!"

She is adorable!! What a sweetheart. All baby bunnies are soft, but she must be incredibly so since she's a rex. Did anything ever come of the dot of color on her nose, or is she all white now?

Also, I don't think it's safe to give a rabbit her age bananas... You're supposed to wait until they're 6 months old to feed them treats, fruits or veggies. My Tallulah is 4 months old and she's still never tasted veggies or fruits. I'm also a little concerned that Savannah could hurt her since she's so tiny still. Maybe it would be best to let them play at different times or at least separately.

Are you going to keep Kalea or find her a home when she's old enough?

Thanks! We just let Kalea have a little bite. Not that big so yeah. Uhm she is actually all white now. I think it was just part of her nose! Yeah she is sooo soft!! I was careful not to let Savannah get to close to Kalea and if she did I took Kalea away, plus I made a little pen thing for Kalea to be seperate from Savannah.

We are going to be selling Kalea, it is going to be hard though because her and Lily get along so great! They are always snuggling with each other and eating together. It will be hard to wean her. We would really like to keep her but we are going to sell her and Bruce and Artie and get two polish (one girl, one boy) and a female EL to breed and show. My mom says we have to get rid of some to get some more. I am going to see if Bruce's old owner wants him back since her younger sister had a really hard time selling us Bruce. I really love Bruce and don't want to sell him, but he would probably be happy back with his old owners.

Kalea isn't very spoiled! We haven't played with her as much as we usually do with the babies, I guess because it is just her. And we are on here a lot now to.

Well since we haven't updated this blog thing for awhile, I decided I would put some more pics on and let you know how Kalea is doing.

Kalea is doing really great, getting into things and running and binkying like crazy! She is so cute! And she keeps getting a stronger bond with Mama, which is going to make seperation kinda hard:(.

Ok here are some pics of the litte Disney Princess:

Bunnies3-16-08Outsidefun005.jpg
Here is Kalea getting a close up! Notice that little boat near her? She found that in a pile of things in my room and tried pulling it out. And then she tried eating stuff at the bottom, dust and stuff. So I told her that I would clean it out and let her use it for her food. And she does eat out of it quite a bit! So does Lily but I don't think Kalea likes sharing her food bowl with Mama.

Bunnies3-16-08Outsidefun006.jpg
Here is Lily protecting her baby.

Bunnies3-16-08Outsidefun003.jpg
Here is Kalea getting some grub!

Bunnies3-16-08Outsidefun021.jpg
Here is Bruce, he and Kalea look so much alike!

I have had babies eat veggies before they even tasted pellets. I fined if you start them on veggies or any treat when they start pellets they grow stronger digestion tracks. Most every person with rabbits I have talked to have protested this saying it is wrong for bunnies under 4 months to have anything but pellets but this in my opinion is just dumb, they can have a bad reaction to anything at anytime. I start them young and have never had a problem.

She is very cute Emily :biggrin2:

Yeah, I know but I couldn't remember her name. Thought it was Amanda but didn't wanna look like a total idiot by calling her the wrong thing.

I know you two from SC(long time ago), I am Greenstar.

Back