The Mini Rex

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueCamasRabbitry

Reaction score
Ok I figured, since some people had this awesome idea for breeders who raise different breeds to show "blogs" or "timelines" of baby bunnies to adulthood, that I would start with the Mini Rex, since I have a "litter" right now.

Kalea-Rae, just a few hours old:

HorsesKitsBeckysMagic029.jpg

At two (or three?) days old:

PICT0043.jpg

And here three pictures I JUST took! Kalea-Rae at 5 days old!

Kalea-Raeat5days003.jpg

Kalea-Raeat5days002.jpg

Kalea-Raeat5days001.jpg

She looks like she's going to be a BEW! Isn't she so gorgeous! And very healthy! Lily only seems to want to feed her in the mornings though. This morning Lily got in the nestbox and fed Lily and we weren't even watching! Actually, we were still sleeping; but I woke up and saw her get in there. I fell asleep while Lily was still in the nestbox, and when I woke up...botta bing, Kalea had a HUGE tummy!

Emily

I think her new nickname should be Miss Piggy!! lol. She is such a porker, but she was most likely hungry because last night lily didn't let her get much food.

LOL! She's so cute!!! I hope she has blue eyes!!

Her tummy is round! What a good mama Lily is! Maybe her milk came in really heavy now or something?

Anything with Willow?

Nope nothing with Willow. I cleaned her bottom some more today. But basically she just has a lot of pee stains (butt bath will take care of that) and one chunk of poo stuck on her. But I am slowly pulling it off as not to hurt her. I got most of it off today and yesterday so I play on finishing today and then giving her a butt bath tomorrow or later tonight.

Yeah that's what I was thinking BBB. Either that, or Lily just let Kalea nurse for like a half hour! Lol. Well probably just 10 minutes, but I'm betting the milk is really flowing now!

Lily will hop in the box to check KaShelea every time she makes a sound. It's so cute :) She is also like feeding Kalea snacks inbetween meals as well. Making sure her baby is full, plus without a lot of kits, she wants to relieve the pressure from the milk.

Emily

I can update it to. I am allowed to post pictures on here because we share the same house and all so i can post pictures on this website, the website just doesn't belong to you for updates. I can update things to and I am not going to make a new post to do that in because no one would come to it and it is pointless to when they're are already two posts about this topic.:shame

you guys like share the same house lol so why dont you just yell it down the hallway or speak to each otheras the people who read this want toread about kalea not about your arguement. Sorry if that sounds harsh or that.

She is really cute though what colours the dad?

New pictures! Ok, the first few pictures are of Kalea when she was 7 days old (and I'll put captions, don't worry) And then some new ones taken just 15 minutes before I'm posting this, when she is 9 days old!

Kalea1weekold003.jpg
^**Kalea-Rae, 7 days old!

Kalea1weekold005.jpg
^^**More 7-day-old piccies!

Kalea1weekold004.jpg
^**"I want down!"

Kalea1weekold002.jpg
^^**Here is Lily & Kalea's set-up.

Kalea1weekold001.jpg
^^**Side angle of their setup.

NINE DAY OLD PICTURES!!:

Kalea1weekold009.jpg
^^** So Cuttee!

Kalea1weekold010.jpg
^^*Somebody looks tired!

Kalea1weekold011.jpg
^^*Ever so closer to opening her eyes...hopefully tomorrow!

Enjoy!

Thanks FS!

Tundra, thanks! Well she hasn't started coming out of the NIC grids yet, and I don't think she could fit...her tummies WAY too fat! But, when she does start coming out, we're going to figure out how to put some chicken wire or something on the NIC grids, so she doesn't get out, etc.

Emily

When I fostered, I would have to double up the grids on the cages so they over lapped. Otherwise I would have babies all over the living room.

Babies can squeeze through the bars of NIC panels until they are about 12 weeks old. Rule of thumb is that if they can fit their head through the hole, the rest of the body will follow.

You should be safe until Kalea-Rae starts wondering around.

I used some cable ties (zap/zip straps) to hold the grids together.

--Dawn

Ok Thanks Aurora.

BIG NEWS::biggrin2: Just about 30 minutes ago, we had Kalea out, checking on her and petting her and we noticed she was looking at us! Her eyes were beginning to open, they were just little slits, but we could see them and she could see a little. It's so exciting! We were begging her to open them the rest of the way, but everytime we tried to hold her eye open to look at the colour, she would shut it. lol.

We're going to see if she's opened them all the way right now, but you'll all definitley have cute open-eye-pictures tomorrow and you'll know her colour!

As for the NIC panels, we're going to attach blankets to the bottom row for now. Just in case she gets out, then later we'll add some protective fencing, etc. ;)

Emily

Back