The Mini Rex

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Tundra.

For now, we clipped some blankets to the bottoms of the bottom-row-NIC panels. Kalea only got out once so far, and it was this morning, so we could watch her; and then we put up the blankets, and stuff. She didn't get out during the day though, she just slept all day. She's still sleeping.

She still won't let us look at her eyes more closely to tell what colour they are! They look red, but then they look blue....lol. We're just going to have to wait until she needs to use them for everything, lol!

Emily

Peg, I sure hope so!

We're planning on keeping her for a while (I've found someone who's selling Loads of cages! So we may be redoing part of our rabbitry! yay!) and then I'm going to show her at Spring Youth Fair in May (She'll be 3 months old) and then we'll decide if we're going to keep her or sell her.

She's show quality....well her colour anyway, so I'm hoping she will do good on the show table. Plus, Karlee (FallingStar) might get her, if we sell her, etc. or she has a black mini rex buck that could mate with Kalea once she's older.....

I'm really excited to see how Karlee's bun Winston (her Mini Rex) does on the table, as well as Kalea.

Emily

I'll have new pictures today for everyone! The smorning it was too cute, she was out running around in the playpen, and she got back in the nestbox on her own! We were so happy! She just crawled to the back and cuddled deep.

I was wondering, do you have to have the parents' pedigrees and the babies pedigree to be able to show a kit that you raised in the Breeders Classics at shows? Because, If Kalea is able to be shown in Mini Rex type and she does really well, then I'd love to show her in Breeders' Classics.

Emily....

Will update later with pictures!!

Ok so I have something way cuter than pictures, lol! I have a video of Kalea! Of course, I'll have pictures later as well....oh and yesterday was her first day outside...she was OK with it, but we'll probably take her out again sometime this week if it's nice out. She may come out for about 10 minutes today. Yesterday she was out maybe for 10 minutes;), but nothing more. It was a little chilly, but it's nicer out today....

Oh yah, you're probably wanting to see the video: :p

http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/aa297/Blueskyacresrabbitry_2007/?action=view&current=MPG_0001.flv

Enjoy!!

Emily

She's so cute - I bring mine out for a long time once their eyes are open - like half an hour or more.....they play on the bed, etc. Its a great way to socialize them AND give mama a break...

Peg

Babies are so cute. I loved your video....it really put a smile on my face. I have two mini-rex gals and I often wish that i could have seen them as babies. I don't think my Sparky was ever small!

Peg, yeah we usually let her come out around the playpen and outside it for about 20 minutes, but we'll start bringing her out more and stuff. Once she's 3 weeks old we'll bring her outside every day it's nice, so she can scamper and run. She's coming to our 4-h meeting (maybe) when she's 4 weeks old, so we're trying to get her very social and all, but we get all our babies really social.

Thanks, Slave. lol. I'm sure you'll all be seeing LOTS of videos of her! I'll take some video of her at the 4-H meeting if I can;)I should put up some videos of Sippi, but I will once it's nice out again.

Emily

P.S. I'm glad everyone is enjoying seeing her! :) lol :biggrin2:

Yes, she is! I just love her! She's just so cute and looks like she's nosey!

I'm so happy shehas done so well! I was so afraid for her, Lily and it's so sad about her siblings. She's truly a little blessing!

Do their little heads have like a mohawk of hair or little boney area? (from one of the other photos?)

She is really just the cutest little thing! Especially when she runs!! We are trying to find a middle name that fits her so if you guys have any ideas we would appreciate that!

I thought it was a mohawk! Bo got one a few times when he's molted! I love mini-rex they are so funny!

Well you couldn't name her Kalea Forest - RUN FOREST RUN!

You might not get that - you might be too young to remember that movie!

oh oh oh! Last night Kalea didn't sleep in her "bedroom" (aka. Nestbox) She slept under/on her pink towel outside the box! She's sleeping on her pink towel now, and Lily is laying beside her. Kalea just LOVES that towel! She always sleeps with it!

Emily

I kinda get it. Yeah i like that mid name even though she is a girl. It sounds pretty cute! Kalea-Rae Forest.

You said she likes to run - and everyone thinks of Forest Gump running :)

BlueSkyAcresRabbitry wrote:
BBB, I've seen the movie, but nope, lol, I don't understand your joke, hehe :)

Emily

oh sorry everyone! lol. I took pictures yesterday and I was going to upload them, but ended up forgetting, sorry! Here they are! Enjoy! **Note: The last two pictures are sort of blurry, sorry for that!

These were taken yesterday, when she was 24 days old. :p

AwesomePics00005.jpg

AwesomePics00006.jpg

AwesomePics00007.jpg

Enjoy! More to come of some of her outside adventures, the next time it's nice out! :)

Emily

Back