The lavish lives of Lopsy and Lulu

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crystal

Reaction score
I entered the world of bunnies in April 2009 after doing research and being offered a bunny. His name is Lopsy, when I got him he was around 2 years old. He was born with two legs that don't work properly, but he gets around so well. He just needs a wider space to get through to accomodate for his back leg that sticks out.

He is very handsome, and likes his velvet fur to be petted (most of the time). What he lacks in athleticism, he makes up in personality.

14760_1268526066946_1043646129_824374_2976302_n.jpg

This is his good side:

4401_1155735327248_1043646129_458103_2534416_n.jpg

For about a month Lopsy lived in our bathroom, this was one of his favourite places under the cabinet....

n1043646129_431815_7940899.jpg

About a month later in May 2009, I answered an ad about a blue dwarf lop bunny and they replied saying they had heaps of interest and to let them know if I could come and get the rabbit that day or the next day. I didn't reply, because I simply couldn't. They were a fair way away, and I had uni the next two days. So I thought someone else would get her, until I got an email on the friday morning asking if I was still interested. To cut a long story short, I brought her home later that day. She doesn't look like the 'dwarf lop' in the picture on the ad, her ears aren't lopped... but I wouldn't have her any other way. I like the character that moving ears give. After a few days I named her Lulu. She was 6 months when I got her, and she had her first birthday in November.

I'm sure what you all really want it photos... I don't have a great deal of good photos of her because she is so often moving. But I do have some to share.

14760_1268523786889_1043646129_824373_7233245_n.jpg

I didn't mean to but I just got the tip of the pellet in the shot. Lulu loves food, I sometimes say she is the rabbit version of me in that regard.

6012_1173201763898_1043646129_523603_4000767_n.jpg

It took a few months, but now she relaxes and lies down more often, and in more vulnerable places.

6012_1173201803899_1043646129_523604_5674750_n.jpg

Here is where I have to confess that even though they have both been desexed for many months, they are still not bonded. It's not so much them that has the problem, but rather it's me. The first time we put them together they fought, so I have been nervous ever since. I am generally a laid back person but I really don't want either of them getting hurt. I think the beginning of this blog may the story of their bunny dates, and then hopefully a happy couple. I know I need to get a move on, and I am determined for them to be living together when I go back to uni in March. Hopefully by the end of January would be even better!

One last photo to share with you for now. I love this, it was taken at my cousin's wedding. I am in the middle, with my boyfriend James on the left, and my brother on the right.
n1043646129_403965_2005623.jpg

If you read this far, thank you and well done.

That is all for now :)

your buns are sooo cute! i really like lopsy!

more pics!!

what kind of cage do you keep lopsy in?

katt wrote:
your buns are sooo cute! i really like lopsy!

more pics!!

what kind of cage do you keep lopsy in?

wow I came back after eating lunch and got 2 replies already haha

okay, I will put some more pics up soon, if you insist. I didn't want to overload it too much.

Well I am shamed to admit that my buns are still living in animal carriers. Lopsy is in the bigger of the two... they get a run around every day or so. I did the last coat of paint on their hutch yesterday, although I'm thinking I might do one more coat on the lid this arvo. and of course I have to bond them before they can live together in the hutch... so I need encouragement to get this going.

Kat, yes the second pic does look familar. not so much the first but I think it's just how the light came out. what breed is your bun? I think maybe they have different sloped noses though haha

Here's a few more of Lulu that I already have on my facebook.

Her ears aren't always in this position... she often sits up there and looks out the window. I will probably never know what she is looking at!

6012_1173201683896_1043646129_523601_7183673_n.jpg

Peek a boo!

14760_1268523746888_1043646129_824372_7202898_n.jpg

4821_1159721226893_1043646129_469865_577533_n.jpg

I think as she jumps down she is putting her ears out to work a bit like a parachute...

6012_1173201723897_1043646129_523602_3681753_n.jpg

I do think lops are cute but I do like the expressions that her ear movements give. her parents were both lops but her ears never lopped. doesn't bother me though.

Love your Blog...I just read through it now, your bunnies r adorable, and u r very photogenic!!! I am looking forward to more updates :)

I loooooove Lulu!!!! She is a doll and I LOOOOVE the blue color...are you going to bond them? They'll make a lovely couple!

O and I love your title tot he blog

Thanks Denise, I think my bunnies are adorable too hehe

Nobody has ever told me that I am photogenic before... thanks for that too! :)

Brenda, yes I am intending to bond them but I am very slow about it. Any encouragement and tips would be very welcome!

Big day today, planning a bunny date with Lopsy and Lulu, and gonna do one final coat on the roof of their hutch. and I bun sitting two other buns (as well as chickens, one peacock, two cats, and a dog) this weekend (at their house) I might get some pics of them later today or tomorrow.

Ahhh your bunnies are so cute.

I feel you on the bonding thing. I have been trying to rebond mine for almost a year now. It isn't them, it is me. It takes a lot of patience, hardwork and is scary. Good luck.

fallow and mimzy naturally just loved eachother..there was never fighting or hair pulling and after his nueter and waiting the recovery time they bonded INSTANTLY...which love at first site is rare i feel lucky

so i have no idea how to bond cept what ive read...what have you tried so far?

Oh I'm so glad I'm not the only one Amy!

Bit distracted from my two buns now this arvo because I just brought a bunny over here from a house who have gone away and left me in charge of all their animals - as I mentioned above.

One of the bunnies has terrible looking eyes, he can hardly see out of them. I am about to post in the Infirmary.

Would love to talk about bonding again when I feel less stressed about this sick boy Morris.

haha why do you say that? what is the attitude of your otter rexes?

he is a nice boy, and funny too. like when he tries to scratch himself with his dodgey foot and it doesn't reach his face so he is just scratching the air for a while. you'd think he would realise after a bit that it's not working... I feel bad for him but it is still funny to watch him try.

I have been meaning to update for a while. My mum and dad let Lopsy and Lulu out at the same time to begin their bunny dates. The first time they lasted 5 mins before circling, when my parents then separated them. The next day they last 15 which is a good improvement. Unfortunately I am too chicken to supervise them myself and with my dad doing shift work we hadn't done any more dates at this stage (apart from months ago). Will try and work on this soon when dad is around to supervise.

I have been playing with them today, and using my camera, including the video function which I don't often use.

I have noticed that at times Lopsy and Lulu will hop over to me when I call "come here bunny" or some other similar phrase. I'm not convinced that they know their names but I guess they know my voice. I think they respond more to bunny because I say that more than their names. So of course I set the camera rolling and called first Lopsy, then later Lulu to see what would happen....

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/T_hSZw3qTI0&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

And the second video is showing off Lulu's magic ears lol. She is a dwarf lop but her ears never lopped which gives her special powers. While she was quite friendly today and happy eating I ceased the opportunity to film what her ears... I won't say too much more or you will all be greatly disappointed... have other people seen bunnies whose ears do this?

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/T_hSZw3qTI0&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

ps. sorry it's not quite in focus, was hard to hold the camera and move her ears at the same time. I couldn't actually see what I was filming.

maybe I'll post some pics soon too.

lulu is so cute! she reminds me of a pair of blue lops i had in my breeding days. . . logan and lacey. i love that blue/grey color!

and it is rather common in lops for the ears to do that. her crown is just a bit tight and therefore she has more ear control then a normal lop would have. funny to watch how she just sits there nomming while you play with her ears. winnie would have gotten annoyed very quickly if i was messing with her during food time!

haha logan and lacey and lulu... lots of alliteration going on there. do you know how common the blue/grey colour is? when I google for blue dwarf lop hardly any come up...

I love her ear control, it is very expressive. and I like how it sea saws as seen in the video haha

oh she isn't always so patient, believe me! sometimes she won't allow pats, but sometimes she is in the mood and for sit for maybe 5 minutes or so. she loves food so much though that she will tolerate a lot if she is eating at the same time haha

Latest posts

Back