The Happy Bunny Family

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rory is feeling a little under the weather. He's acting a little more muted than normal and his tummy is feeling full. This happens sometimes when he sheds but he isn't shedding right now. I will just keep an eye on him and give him extra love, extra run around time and extra salad greens! Hopefully he will feel better soon.

Oh, Nedderbug. I love you and you're adorable, but I get the feeling you're not one of the smarter bunnies around, to say the least!

I just looked over at him and he was drinking from his water bowl with his paws in the bowl. He does things like this every day.

We let Max and Macie play together on the futon tonight! They were both fixed almost two weeks ago and are healing great so we thought it would be okay if both of us were there to supervise. Maximus did try to mount Macie once but we pulled him off. They sniffed each other a bunch and ran around a lot and Max licked me for about 10 minutes. Both bunnies are of course still hormonal (especially Maximus), but I would say it went quite well and hopefully in another month they will be ready to begin the bonding process in earnest! It surely helps that they spent the first 10 weeks of their lives together and their cages are right next to each other and we switch their cages every couple of weeks. For the next month we'll do the cage swapping every couple of days and hopefully that will help.

Which brings us to something else. Paul and I would absolutely love to form a trio with Maximus, Mabel and Nomi since they're family. I'm not sure how to go about it... Should we introduce all three at the same time, or should we introduce them to each other separately, or start trying to get Max and Macie bonded and then add in Nomi? I just don't know!

Dave, Paul is indeed feeling better. Rory's doing okay too. His tummy is still feeling full, but he's eating, drinking, pooping, etc like normal and acting okay.

Somehow I accidentally left Rory's cage open last night and it looks like he had quite the party!! I'm amazed he didn't come into our bedroom since the door was open. If he'd come in we almost certainly would have heard it since Nomi's in here in a dog crate and I'm sure they would have fought with each other through the cage bars. Glad I wasn't woken up at 3 am with a bleeding bun bun! Skyler, Ned and Kerensa can all attest to the fact that Rory likes to bite faces.

Oh, gosh! I just got home and realized Rory got into the bird food while he was out partying last night. Not exactly the best thing for a bunny with an upset tummy! Silly Bobo. He needs to get better.

Good news is Rory's tummy seems to be starting to feel better! Yesterday evening he was out running around the living room and had a poopsplosion of epic proportions. His tummy feels less full now. He was eating, drinking, pooping, peeing and running around throughout his ordeal but he pooped a LOT. Kind of like this photo of Tallulah's accomplishment (only even more!), 10 minutes earlier the floor was clean:

RoryandTallulah278.jpg

Only bunny people would be impressed by such a thing and not find it disgusting :D

Keep getting better, Rory!

So glad to hear. Been down that carpet. No matter what you do, you just ain't quick enough. But you are thrilled to see those little round things.

Yes, bunny lovers do understand and do not think that is disgusting. My husband calls them "forget me nots". We love to see them. check them all the time. Part of our responsibility.

BTW, sweet bunnies.

K :)

I am very happy to report that Rory is back to normal! Hooray! I'm so very relieved :) Now we're snuggling on the couch, he's so cuddly! When his tummy hurts he doesn't like to cuddle so we've only had one good snuggle session in the past 2 weeks (usually we cuddle every day).

SnowyShiloh wrote:
I am very happy to report that Rory is back to normal! Hooray! I'm so very relieved :) Now we're snuggling on the couch, he's so cuddly! When his tummy hurts he doesn't like to cuddle so we've only had one good snuggle session in the past 2 weeks (usually we cuddle every day).
:yahoo:

Good to hear you have Happy Paws! Congratulations! So glad Rory is back to his ole self and snuggling with Mom!

It is a big relief when our bunnies get back to their healthy self after an illness. We worry so much. But the joy when they are well again, can never be measured.

So thrilled to hear.

K :)

Karen, so true! I'm very glad my baby is feeling better again :D It tends to take him a while to recover from tummy troubles and I wasn't TOO worried at any point, but I'm very glad he's back to normal!

In other news, Nomi is like a wizard bunny. Or a tornado! She's so fast and so smart and so athletic. When she's out of her cage, she just flies around everywhere, getting into every possible thing, and doing things like hopping onto tables :shock: (which she just did again as I was typing). Thankfully, we think it's cute :D Paul likes her a lot so he doesn't get annoyed with her, which is good.

Now it sounds like she's in the kitchen trash can, but it's at least 3 feet tall and I don't know how she would have gotten in there without making a sound. Off to investigate!

Edit: Okay, I checked on her and she wasn't anywhere near the trash can. I think she teleported. If I wasn't afraid she'd strangle herself, I'd put a collar with a bell on her! She's like a little kid- if you can't hear her, she's up to something :p Paul's sitting on the couch and he patted the spot next to her, told her to hop up, and she did!

I just have to say that Rory is the best bunny anyone could ever hope to have :inlove: Why am I so crazy about him? Everything about my baby is perfect! He's so wonderful.

Kerensa is absolutely the cutest grown up bunny I have ever seen! Why does is she so unphotogenic though? I swear, she's ten times more adorable and squeezable in person! She always looks like a little bunny quarterback in pictures instead of a fluffy little angel.

Another indication that I am a crazy bunny lady: I just ordered return address labels with a tiny picture of Skyler on them!

Hi Susan! I'm glad he feels better, too :D

Last night poor Maximus got scared half to death. It was my birthday and I got a box that had plain brown packing paper in it. I put it in Max's cage for him to play with, but then we were watching a movie and he was rustling the paper so I took it out of his cage and put it on a shelf over the cage. During the movie, the paper fell off the shelf and floated down to his cage. HE. FLIPPED. OUT. Poor guy was ricocheting off the sides of the cage and trying to get under his litter box and hide in his (mostly chewed up) Mountain Dew box and thumping his foot. He was soooo scared! I went over to him and tried to talk quietly and calm him down, but it didn't work. I tried slowly putting my hand in the cage to pet him and that freaked him out, too. I felt so bad for him! I ended up giving him some treats and that helped him calm down a little but he was still thumping and running away. The original bout of terror lasted about 45 seconds (a long time with something like this!) and he didn't let me touch him for a good 10 minutes. Mabel's cage is right next to his and she freaked out along with him, but stopped panicking after about 5 seconds and got over it a lot faster. The other bunnies were all fine. Poor Max Max is so high strung! I checked him over for injuries after and he seemed fine, nerves aside.

Just wanted to share what happened to my poor baby :( It will be interesting to see if he's afraid of the packing paper later. Normally he likes to shred it and burrow in it, but now I'm a little worried about showing it to him in case he freaks out again!

Latest posts

Back