The Fellowship of the Food Bowl

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awwww hehe ty Shiloh. I have actually fallen in love with Flemmies and French lops lately so i think once i have moved and have more room i will see if i can rescue one of each to add to the family.

As for the new baby, i haven't decided yet but im leaning towards Willow (full name: Willow Ufgood) or Elora (full name: Elora Danan). I may hold off on giving her a name till i get to know her personality. ^.^ I'm hoping to show her when she's a bit older, will be my first time. :nerves1

Elora Danan is such a pretty name! I think showing her will be fun. I would consider doing it to sometime but I may have a hard time not taking it personally if my bunny didn't win since I'm blinded by love when it comes to my rabbits and think they're all perfect :D

I think so too, those are the names im leaning towards. =)

I can totally understand that, im sure that i will be mumbling things under my breath about how perfect she is if she doesn't win anything. xD

Pip and Merry went to the vet yesterday for a check up, and had their vaccinations while they were there.

Pip looked somewhat on the thin side to me, but i guess he's just a lean rabbit. He put on 400g in a month and is now 1.8kg at nearing 7 months.

Merry put on a whopping 600g in the last month and is now 1.6kg nearing 5 months.

Here are some new pics!

024a-1.jpg
033a-1.jpg

046a.jpg
042a.jpg

043a.jpg
045a.jpg

004a.jpg
036ab.jpg

Marisa, yes she was due to come home this weekend but the only day we could drive up (we live 2hrs drive away) she wouldn't have been home so we arranged it for the following Saturday. Just 1 week to go!

:yahoo:

Thought I would give a little update and share pics of the new abode with everyone! It's furnished with the current owners things atm so will look different once were moved in. It's everything ive always wanted! A beautiful cabin type home in the mountains. Yard is a decent size, the decking isn't as big as i would have liked but it's still good. And the thing i like about it is that there are lots of trees but they're not spread out all over the yard making it unusable. Right infront of the back deck in pick 5 is where my herb garden is going to be but haven't decided where the veggie patch will be yet. Will take pics next time we go up which will prolly be in a few weeks time.

ZOMG I am going from being a city girl to mountain folk! lol ^.^

backyard2-1.jpg

3 days till i bring Padme home!

Moar pics!

Pip reminds me of a mystic from the Dark Crystal in this photo.
a018.jpg

As hard as i try, i just can't get a tongue pic of Pippin.
a003.jpg

This is him saying "no tongue for you!"
a009.jpg

I did manage to get one of merry!
a014.jpg

a023.jpg

So i got Padme today, and she came to me fur full of crap and all matted!

To be fair, she did say she was awefully busy this week and couldn't get around to them all, illness in the family and grandchildren to look after plus she's doesn't breed cashmeres, one of the mini lops just happened to be a cashmere carrier. But i was pretty surprised to see her like this.

There was and still is wood shavings and chaff all through her coat. I spent about 15mins pulling some out but i didn't want to do it any longer than that because i didn't want to stress her more than she probably already was. But before i put her in her hutch, i just run my fingers through to see if there were mats and there are SO MANY! There are big ones that have matted right down to her skin and im not sure how to get these out without cutting. I'm wondering if i should just get her shaved.

I took some pics but she looks pretty terrible atm. And her head was much poofier than it appears to be now, unless her head grew into her poofy head fur.

a009-1.jpg

a007.jpg
a005.jpg

a002.jpg
a049.jpg

a043.jpg
a041.jpg

a036.jpg
a026.jpg

a025.jpg
a024.jpg

a018-1.jpg
a019.jpg

You've had her for a single day, and you already have a tongue picture? Annette, can you just quit making me jealous?

I don't even care, she could have poop stuck all over her and I'd still wanna snorgle her fluff (okay maybe not, but she is definitely a cutie patootie!) Her little pink nose makes me wanna die! Let me know how the grooming goes... You may just have to cut the mats out and let her coat grow back and do the upkeep that way.

Did you give the breeder a little crap about leaving her in that condition? I hope so... If they have a cashmere you'd think they'd be extra careful to groom, especially knowing that you were coming to pick her up this weekend.

Congrats on the new addition, she's precious!! :inlove:

WTF?! I'd be irked if my bun came to me all matted. I don't think matted hair happens over night. Maybe she can train her grandkids to groom her rabbits (if the kids are old enough of course).

Hehe-You probably were a lot nicer than I would be! But you got her home and that's what counts!

Even though little Padme might be in need of a spa trip she's so adorable and looks like a happy baby!

I hope you don't have to shave her but if you do it's gonna be summer soon, right?

P.S. Your new bunny pics makes me want to add to my brood as well :)

MarisaAndToby wrote:
You've had her for a single day, and you already have a tongue picture? Annette, can you just quit making me jealous?

I don't even care, she could have poop stuck all over her and I'd still wanna snorgle her fluff (okay maybe not, but she is definitely a cutie patootie!) Her little pink nose makes me wanna die! Let me know how the grooming goes... You may just have to cut the mats out and let her coat grow back and do the upkeep that way.

Did you give the breeder a little crap about leaving her in that condition? I hope so... If they have a cashmere you'd think they'd be extra careful to groom, especially knowing that you were coming to pick her up this weekend.

Congrats on the new addition, she's precious!! :inlove:
Haha i know right? I was pleasantly surprised to see a tongue in the pic lol. Wasn't expecting that!

No i didn't. She told me the story before i saw her and she also had a breeder friend over so i just wanted to pick her up and get out of their way. I don't remember if she said it was her mum or someone else, but someone close to her has cancer and she had to drive her around to doctors and i think she lived a fair way away and had to look after her granddaughters as well. Would have been nice to get her matt free but life overwhelms you sometimes so im not upset with her, just a little disappointed. But at least it gives us more bonding time i guess.

Speaking of which, i took her out today to continue with the grooming and after a few mins, she turned around, backed her bum up against me and peed on me! First time i have been peed on and i wasn't happy! I was gagging the smell was so strong lol. >.< But i turned my head and kept grooming her for a bit. I'm going to get some hairdressing scissors today so i can cut the matts out.

I'm kinda worried that if i cut her fur its not going to grow back nicely that's why i was contemplating shaving her down instead. What do you think?

Tessa wrote:
WTF?! I'd be irked if my bun came to me all matted. I don't think matted hair happens over night. Maybe she can train her grandkids to groom her rabbits (if the kids are old enough of course).

Hehe-You probably were a lot nicer than I would be! But you got her home and that's what counts!

Even though little Padme might be in need of a spa trip she's so adorable and looks like a happy baby!

I hope you don't have to shave her but if you do it's gonna be summer soon, right?

P.S. Your new bunny pics makes me want to add to my brood as well :)
Probably lol. I just think that everyone has their good/bad days/weeks so am not too worried. She seems healthy and is happy so that's the main thing. Plus it just means i get more snuggle time because i have to groom her more than i would otherwise have to. ^.^

Apparently the breeder gives her buns little bits of greens and gave me a list of what she gives them. I thought buns under 12 weeks weren't supposed to have greens but i guess small amounts must be ok? So i gave her a little piece of celery and a few celery leaves when i was giving the other buns their breakfast this morning. This was after our morning grooming session, she's looking much better but her matts are still there. I'll be working on them later in the day. I tried to show you the ones on her neck but you can't see them properly. In the vid it doesn't look bad, but in RL the back of her neck is actually bare and the fur that is there is matted right down to the skin. I'm nervous about cutting there...

[flash=425,344]http://youtu.be/u7XVSxHv/&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]The add youtube vid thing isn't working so i will just link this if you wanna watch her eating a piece of celery. ^.^

[ame]http://youtu.be/u7XVSxHU9ok[/ame]

Here are pics of her pee stained and matted fur.

I spent about 30mins yesterday and another 30mins the day before grooming. Because i only just got her i didn't want to handle her more than that. But she is very placid so far and will sit there and let me groom her, and will even eat the parsley i put in front of her while i do it.

This is what she looked like before. And the pic looks a lot better than she actually does. She looks a lot worse in real life.

This is her flipped over and around her genital region.
a010.jpg

Pic taken from the back, she was sitting facing away from me. I just held her tail up and took the pic.
a006.jpg

This is her after i have spent almost an our cleaning and grooming. Had to cut out a lot of matts that turned into felt.
a009-2.jpg

This is after spending over an hour on her. Still not 100% yet but will be tomorrow when i finishe off her back side and then cut out the rest of the matts on her. I really didn't want to cut her fur but most of them are matted all the way down to her skin and i don't know how to get them our without cutting them out...
a011.jpg

Latest posts

Back