The Fellowship of the Food Bowl

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CUTENESS OVERLOAD!

Your blog is fantastic! I want to say 1st that it is NOT your fault in ANY WAY that Jean Luc got sick and passed. And, I'm glad his passing hasn't hindered your love of bunnies in any way! (btw, I'm a bit of a Trekki...:whistling)

2nd, Pippin and Merry are so darn cute! That poofy dbf is deadly!

plasticbunny wrote:
CUTENESS OVERLOAD!

Your blog is fantastic! I want to say 1st that it is NOT your fault in ANY WAY that Jean Luc got sick and passed. And, I'm glad his passing hasn't hindered your love of bunnies in any way! (btw, I'm a bit of a Trekki...:whistling)

2nd, Pippin and Merry are so darn cute! That poofy dbf is deadly!
Thanks Erin. I have to say that i actually did not want bunnies ever again, but i still had Pippin and even though we didn't have the same bond, i still had to take care of him and when i noticed he seemed sad and moping around, that's when i decided i needed to get him a companion. And glad i did because he's really happy again, and seeing them together has renewed my love for them. ^.^

Wewt, Star Trek ftw. xD

Anette, great blog.

Your Bunnies are Adorable. Looking forward to more pictures and stories of them.

I think their is nothing better then seeing a bonded pair of bunnies together:inlove::heartbeat:.

Susan:)

TY Susan. =)

Weekends are usually busy so i don't have much time to grab the camera and take pictures/vids, but will get around to taking more soon.

A new days means more medicine for Merry, and their 5 day break from Baycox is over, so they started on that again today. Pip is much less reluctant than Merry, though he still doesn't take it willingly. I think i will start giving them a treat after giving them medicine. Maybe some banana. I usually just give them kisses and praise, but i guess that doesn't work as well with rabbits as it does doggies.

Went to inspect a house today. Looks like we may have found the right house finally. So hopefully if all goes well, i will be taking pics of the bunnies in their new home. ^.^

It has been pretty warm the past few days so they haven't been as active as usual. Good thing the house has A/C and floor boards to keep them cool. Fingers crossed we get this place!

Today is day 10 which means the dose of Protexin i gave her not long ago is the last one! Unless the vet decides she needs more. Her poo has almost totally gone back to normal, but i am still finding the occasional tiny piece of poo laying around. Also today she i found a few of her cecals, except they were tiny and not stuck together. It's like they each came out of her butt separately. Hope that's not a bad sign.

Merry decided to let me pet her for a long time today, which is very odd for her. Usually she shoots off when you start to approach her. She even let me get her out of the hutch this morning without resisting! of course when it came time for her final dose of medicine, she gave me the run around. -.-

It's Pippins big day tomorrow. He will be saying bai bai to his testies!:p Poor widdle guy. <3

I wish i knew why my video's keep coming out that way, not fitting the player and such low quality. I mean my camera is around 6yrs old but it looks fine when i am looking at it through the camera, but looks terrible when i upload it. >.<

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/kPMMzavBydQ&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]
[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/sWGfxiLX5Ig&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

I'm in love with both Merry and Pippin! Love the videos of them doing the bunny flop. Wish I can catch my buns doing it but as soon as they seen the camera, they come running over to inspect.

Thanks guys. =)

Well i guess it's time for an update.

I was meant to attend a rabbit show today but my ride woke up sick so i couldn't go. =( It's an hour and a half away drive, even longer by train and i really didn't want to catch a train that far away. I would have had to get up extra early and leave early anyway so wasn't really possible. So kinda bummed about that. But the next one is early Sept i believe so hopefully I'll get to go to that one. ^.^

Merry and Pip are doing great. It's been about 2 weeks since Pip was neutered and he's healed and is happy to be out and about again. Although he thumped now and then because he wanted to be let out during "isolation", other than that he still gave me kisses whenever i visited him and was still in a happy mood so that was good.

Merry is slowly starting to warm up to me. VERY slowly... i have had her for almost 2 months now and she's still not 100% comfortable with me, though she doesn't bite or lunge or grunt.I suspect that having to give her medicine for 10 days only 1 month after i got her probably just gave her more reason not to trust me totally. But she has warmed a little so hopefully she will become more trusting of me in the coming weeks!

Both got the all clear for coccidia!

I have been considering reporting the breeder to the RFSNSW because she knowingly sold me a bunny with coccidia, or at the very least suspected it might. The proof is the recommendation that i put sulfur in its waterbowl in the care sheet she gave me (which i still have) as well as the note about rabbits that die as a result of not following the caresheet, which i can only assume was because other people didn't put sulfur in their bunnies water and as a result of being infected with coccidia, they ended up dying because the breeder didn't make them aware of her concerns or why she recommended putting sulfur in their water in the first place.

I know she's a member (or was at least) of RFSNSW, but i have to pay a fee just to lodge the complaint and if their verdict is in her favour, i lose the fee and it was all a waste of time. So im not really sure whether i should bother, or just let it go. My heart is telling me to do it because the fact she put that notice on her website suggests my Jean-luc wasn't the first rabbit to die because of her irresponsible practices, and im sure wont be the last.

What to do...

New pics coming soon!

I think im getting another mini cashmere lop!!! :yahoo:

I have 2 in mind atm, and want one that is show quality so i can enter and win some legs! I mean... stars! Stars with legs? I don't know, all i know is that your rabbit wins legs and stars and it will be fun.:biggrin:

So here are the 2 mini cashmere lops, one of which the breeder says she believes to be show quality. Not sure which one that is yet, she's going to email me again tomorrow. But what do you guys think? Would you consider either of them show quality? I guess the views would be different in different parts of the world.

Riggs14811083.jpg

EDIT: I tried to resize but it keeps going back to it's original size for some reason.

I noticed in pics i took today that Merry has grown so much in the past 2 months! Her fur isn't as fluffy looking as it used to be.

Here are some "before and after" pics.

Merry Before

puppyrabbit.jpg

moreplease.jpg

merrysnoozingonherfoodbowl.jpg

Merry009.jpg

Merry After

Merryonfavbox.jpg

merrydewlap1.jpg

imabiggirlnow.jpg

merrydewlap2.jpg

My bunnies new fav treats are dried noodles! I discovered it when i was making noodles and a broken piece fell out of the bag which was quickly eaten up by the duo. They get a little piece to nibble on whenever i have noodles now. ^.^

And by little i mean a piece about a half an inch in size cause im too scared to give them more than that. >.<

Any update on the new cashmere?! The fluffiness... I can't resist!

Great blog, sorry about JLP but you did everything you could. Love love love Pipp and Merry. :)

Marisa, not much of an update other than she is now mine! But she wont be ready to come home until next weekend when she will be 8 weeks. I visited her last weekend and she's just too cute for words. I've had a lot of positive feedback about her but things can always change as they get older, but still positive feedback is positive!

I don't remember if i posted the last pics i got of her when she was 6 weeks, she's 7 weeks now. I know i posted them in another thread though.

Rewlitter014.jpg

Rewlitter015.jpg

EEEEE! The new baby is sooooo cute! Did you name her yet? I wonder if someday I'll have all lops. Lops are my favorite but only 2 of my 6 are lops. Once your baby girl comes home, you're going to officially have the cutest bunnies on RO. I just wanna bury my face in Merry's tummy fur and Pippin is so regal and cute.

Latest posts

Back