The Duchess Of UP Diaries, Luna edition.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! She is all lab, although she is built more like the field and trial labs (aka American) rather than the show labs (aka English). She is leaner and longer limbed, English labs tend to be stocky with a more blocky head.

So I went to the orthopedic spine guy today and surgery is a must, no questions asked. Ugh. They are calling tomorrow to set it up. I need to miss 6 weeks of work after surgery, so my school year is done. *sigh* thank goodness for Luna and my guinea pigs, they keep me happy. I only have Lilly every other weekend, and depending how I do with surgery, I might not be able to have her for my 6 week recovery period. :(

Oh hello. You want to brush me? Well, I would love to cooperate.....but my house is SO interesting that I simply can not leave it.

I just love to see what a happy life this girl now has. It's so nice to see her comfortable and relaxed in her home and with you. You've done a wonderful job helping to bring her around and learn to trust :)

Ahh yep, that makes sense about the breed difference. Different standards in different countries and also depending on show or working class.

That's terrible to hear about your back needing surgery, but I really hope that it fixes the problem for you and you won't have any more trouble. Six weeks off work is tough but better to fix it now than drag it out and have more problems later.

Luna is definitely the boss :D

She is just lovely and it's wonderful to see the change in her. She knows what it's like now to be ble to trust. Sorry to hear the have to operate. Hope everything goes well and just think, you'll be able to spend your convalescence keeping Luna company.

Last night I decided to be bold and push my boundaries a bit.

When I first brought Luna home, she was so cage aggressive that she charged and grunted the door of the cage when I walked into the room. Well, last night she was in her cage munching hay and I decided to try and remove her litter box from her house. When my hand went in her cage, she stopped eating and looked at me.....you could see the wheels turning. Then she just started eating again and ignored my hand! I was so super excited.

And in other news....I am officially a foster failure. I just sent the guinea pig rescue an email about keeping Mia and Abe, my bonded pair fosters. *sigh* They are seniors, and I just can't see rehoming them again, they have been with me for almost 3 months.

1399038754451.jpg

1399038786781.jpg

Yay Luna! Aww, the piggies are adorable. I can't imagine NOT being a foster failure at some point if I could foster animals. I'm sure they're glad to stay where they are! :)

Calling the vet in the morning, I noticed a few dribble spots in Lunas cage while cleaning it tonight. Her urine was really dark too. Pooing, eating, and drinking normally, but I think we might have a bladder infection. Wish us luck please.

So we have a bladder infection. Got some antibiotics. This should be fun. Looks like I am going to be learning how to do a bunny burrito asap.

Luna is not amused.

1399582343232.jpg

1399582391171.jpg

Oh no, poor girl. Hope it clears up real fast with the antibiotics. I had a UTI once, suffered for 3 weeks until finally biting the bullet and heading to a doctor. Cleared up completely within 2 days on antibiotics, go figure.

Be good for your meds, Luna!

Snap, I am still trying to collect pee to analyse. Poor Bandy has one as well we think so apart from everything else he's on, he'll be going on antibiotics from next week. Hope Luna gets well very soon :)

Whew, so back surgery yesterday was a huge success! I feel 110% better already. I had to stay over night because I am diabetic, but I am home now relaxing with my fur babies. :)

I'm so glad to hear that the surgery went well :) It's so fantastic, things like that are very scary. I was terrified just to have my wisdom teeth out, but you never know when something could go wrong.

How's Luna doing? Has her bladder infection cleared up?

Back