The Duchess Of UP Diaries, Luna edition.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love seeing Luna coming out of her shell! She seems so happy and comfortable with you. :)

She certainly is a clown! Not only is she unimpressed with Dr. Who, she seriously wants to tear apart my Harry Potter books. I was sitting in her pen reading one and she made several attempts to steal it. She grunted and thumped at me when I pulled it away. Silly Luna, books are for humans! She also likes her new hay holder. :)

1395114468318.jpg

She does what any bunny does... books are for eating haha. I can´t have any paper on the sofa with me or they feel that it´s their duty to come up and decorate it for me with little nibbles. Love here in the box looking through that hole...anything interesting ???!!!

There is hay in the holes! The top opens and I can fill the middle with hay. The part she is sitting in has a litter pan. It originally was going to go in her cage as her litter box, but she likes to chew on it a little bit too much (big surprise!) So I just left it out in her pen as a hay holder. I am always trying to encourage hay consumption. Lol

Aw I guess Luna doesn't like sci-fi or fantasy! Maybe she prefers non-fiction. :p

That hay box is so good, I remember seeing the pic when you got it but it looks different in this light. Looks like she loves it :)

She really does love it, she eats a ton of hay from it. Which makes me a happy momma.

Speaking of being a happy momma, guess who stretched out next to me during play time? She likes to stretch out and flop all the time but she has a fave spot (all the way on the other side of the xpen) that she chills in. Today for the first time, she stretched out next to me. :)

1395199231511.jpg

Gah. Luna almost gave me a heart attack today. She likes to play with the door of her house. I usually do not allow this, but Tonks was misbehaving so I wasn't paying attention to Luna. Big mistake. I turned back around and Luna had tried to squeeze under the door and got her head stuck! After I git her head out, she gave me the "I had it under control...I meant to do that" look. I swear she would have rolled her eyes at me if she could have. Lol....Luna

I bet she gave you a scare, sometimes when I hear loads of noise from mine, I rush over to see what they´re doing. GLad to you spotted her but I bet she gave you the "why are you interfering" look. Can you block it off with some card board so she can´t do it again.

It makes me so happy to see Luna getting happier and more comfortable in her new home, day after day. :)

The other day I was lying on the floor in my bunnies' area playing 3DS and they started nudging it out of the way, so I know what you meant with your Harry Potter book! Clementine always tries to nibble the corners of my magazines, too.

Actually, now that I think about it, I can close her cage door. I used to keep it open so she could go and nibble hay/use the litter box while she was out but I don't have to do that now. So closed it will stay! She is so insanely curious, and a bit of a trouble maker. Lol

Aw, that is kinda cute that they nudge your ds Pani. Your two buns are simply adorable. Stache used to take my phone out of my hands and throw it. Lol. He sure did love his cuddles.

She really does love it, she eats a ton of hay from it. Which makes me a happy momma.

Speaking of being a happy momma, guess who stretched out next to me during play time? She likes to stretch out and flop all the time but she has a fave spot (all the way on the other side of the xpen) that she chills in. Today for the first time, she stretched out next to me. :)

She looks SOOO adorable here. I've been reading and following but unable to post for a couple of days since I was out of the country. The internet was really slow to say the least and frustrating.. so everytime I would go to post. BOOM, dropped internet.. but I love the interaction between you and Luna. She is really blooming and is acting more and more like a bunny who has led a normal life instead of the horrid existence that she had before that placed her directly into your life, (which in a way, and it's going to sound weird me saying this, )was the best thing to ever happen to her.

If she had never met you and you had never ran into her at the shelter, she would not be in a warm, loving environment and that is what is important. She would not be experiencing and living a normal bunny life with someone that cares about her that is not going to do her any harm, that is going to protect her, love her, take care of her medically and any other way possible which the first goof balls did not do. So it was fate that brought her to you and you to her. By the end of the year she is going to be following you around the house like a little doggie! :)

I love the pic of her flopped down and remember you first posting and worried about how long it was going to take for her to get to trust you to do that, remember?

Actually, Lady is 'sick' now and I have to put eye drops in her eyes and I thought for sure she would bite the crap out of me like she had done in the beginning when I first got her in November, but guess what? She flops down beside me, let's me move her skin above her eye to expose the white and put the eyes drops in! No biting, no nothing! CALM! Afterwards I rub and pet her and she stays there, just taking in the affection.. So I guess both our rescues are starting to warm up and make positive changes!

Continue to pat yourself on the back!

Vanessa

Luna: Yo Mom, thanks for the new bed. It is real comfy.

Me: uh, Lune....that is not a bed. It is your litter box.

Luna: what is this litter box thing you speak of?

Me: *facepalm*

1395685383987.jpg

Hello everyone! I need some advice please.

Luna has been with me for almost 2 months. When I first brought her home, she was extremely cage aggressive. Anytime I even walked near her cage she charged and grunted. I caged off a portion of my room with an xpen. I sit in the area while she hops around and gets some exercise. She gets let out twice a day, 2 hours in the am, and 3 hours in the pm. We have gotten to the point where she binkies in her cage when she sees me and is fine with me sitting in her play area. Last night I decided to try leaving her out all night. I secured her cage door so it stayed open and let her go. She did great. However, when I went to step into her pen this morning, she charged me grunting and boxed my leg. I was totally surprised. Did I give her too much freedom, and I have I undone all the progress we have already made? I am debating going back to the original plan and only letting her out twice a day. She was spayed Jan. 31st.

Any one have any thoughts or ideas? Thanks.

When I clean Lunas cage, I block off half of her area with the cage door and a cat carrier so she can still run around and not try to eat me while I "invade" her space. This arrangement works out great, and now she sits and chills while I clean her house. win/win for all involved. Last night, as I was finishing up cleaning her house, I felt a nudge on my leg. I turned around ready to scold Tonks (don't ask me why I was going to scold her, she is deaf after all), and LUNA is sitting next to my leg looking at me like, hey mom, watcha doin? She had jumped over the one side of the barrier! I kinda froze, she is cage aggressive so I was afraid she would freak, but she looked at me for a second and then jumped the barrier again and started to eat hay out of the holder. Lol.

HAHA! Aw, Luna just wanted to hang out while you cleaned her house! :p

What a little diva. She just wanted to remind you she was there and that you can put what you want there but she can beat it lol. She sounds like she's now feeling so at home, it's all hers. She is just a very happy bun :)

When I clean Lunas cage, I block off half of her area with the cage door and a cat carrier so she can still run around and not try to eat me while I "invade" her space. This arrangement works out great, and now she sits and chills while I clean her house. win/win for all involved. Last night, as I was finishing up cleaning her house, I felt a nudge on my leg. I turned around ready to scold Tonks (don't ask me why I was going to scold her, she is deaf after all), and LUNA is sitting next to my leg looking at me like, hey mom, watcha doin? She had jumped over the one side of the barrier! I kinda froze, she is cage aggressive so I was afraid she would freak, but she looked at me for a second and then jumped the barrier again and started to eat hay out of the holder. Lol.

That's so cool. So she is respecting you cleaning the cage and playing around at the same time! :)

Vanessa

Back