The Duchess Of UP Diaries, Luna edition.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Luna is....ok. lol. Nothing serious wrong with her other than the fact I can't sit with her or spend much time with her. I am either in a recliner chair or laying in bed. My wonderful sister and her hubby are taking care of my animals till I am able but it isnt the same. They are also burritoing her and giving her meds. I am pretty positive that she hates me right now. Poor Luna Bean. One positive is that her urine dribbling seems to have stopped.

Luna seems to have recovered from her bladder infection. Medicating her (while having a bum back) was....interesting. lol.

Oh, and to keep myself occupied, I bought the 7th season of Doctor Who!!! I was so upset that netflix only had to season 6 and I didn't want to wait for them to get season 7....so I splurged. Now I can watch season 8 in real time, hopefully.

1401661203996.jpg

I LOVE Doctor Who!! The last season made me so sad though. Glad to hear Luna's doing better, I hope your back starts to feel better soon too!

I LOVE Doctor Who!! The last season made me so sad though. Glad to hear Luna's doing better, I hope your back starts to feel better soon too!

Ugh, I watched the first few episodes and cried already. Hearing Amy and Rory talk about their relationship reminded me of my ex. I pretty much left him for the same reason Amy kicked Rory out. He didn't have the same reaction as Rory did. I so wish he had. If it gets worse than that, I am in serious trouble! Lol

I feel great! The surgery was 100% successful. I just can't do anything till I am totally healed...no bending, twisting, or lifting. That really limits what I can do. I pretty much sit in the recliner, lay in bed, or walk around. Lol

Doctor Who, I love it, have seen it to date, the 50th anniversary episode was great. I am watching the old re runs at the moment on horror channel, I remember seeing them the first time round so long ago. Hope you're feelling much better.

Gah. Season 7 is now on netflix. I need to learn patience. Lol.

So Luna got a a new "friend". Her name is Babs and Luna is not impressed with her....at all. She is in the same spot, I don't think she has touched her. Should I maybe try a different stuffed animal? I am still toying with the idea of getting her a real life friend. My local SPCA has some gorgeous flemish giant mixes ufa. Decisions, decisions, decisions.

1402672546863.jpg

1402672566537.jpg

1402672582112.jpg

So these are the two boys that have caught my eye. The black one is Pebbles and the brown one is Cinnamon. Both are flemie mixes and about 20 weeks old. Would a male be better because she is a female, or does that not matter?

1402673112418.jpg

1402673128574.jpg

A male/female bond has worked out amazingly for my two, and I've heard they tend to be the easiest bonds to forge, but personalities will dictate that at the end of the day of course. :p

They are both gorgeous! I'm sure Luna would love a new bun friend.

So these are the two boys that have caught my eye. The black one is Pebbles and the brown one is Cinnamon. Both are flemie mixes and about 20 weeks old. Would a male be better because she is a female, or does that not matter?

Male/male bonds rarely work out, female/female are so-so, and male/female are best. Consult with rabbit.org or your local HRS chapter for better details on bonding. There needs to be a LOT of meetings for that to work out. Poor Trix and Trigger never did bond. Trix was too alpha as was Trigger.

The one thing that is keeping me from getting another bunny is the thought that Luna might not like a friend. Unfortunately, due to her personality and the fact that she came from the SPCA, bringing her there to have a bunny "date" is out of the question. Not that it would be a big deal if they didn't get along, I have enough room to make a second pen in my room. (Hey, I only need a bed, right?) It would just defeat the purpose of getting said second bunny. Gah....decisions, decisions, decisions. (in case you can't tell....I am very bad at making them.)

I am sure if you explained your situation to the shelter they'd let you have bunny trials, so you could adopt/bring home a bunny with the caveat that you can take it back for another if Luna doesn't get along with him. Shelters are there to match pets to the right homes, I'm sure they wouldn't mind letting you trail multiple bunnies if it means one of them could eventually find a great home and lovely bunfriend.

I think they would too. They are pretty reasonable, plus I used to work there (many moons ago). I am just bad at making decisions and my thought process is that if I don't know/feel 100% sure, then I don't do it. I might go visit them this weekend though.

So Luna has discovered that she likes to sit on top of things...her hay holder, her cardboard box, etc. Anyone else's bun like to perch like that? She is so silly sometimes. She did the bunny 500 last night in the middle of the night. I turned my light on and caught her in a spectacular binky. Made me grin like a fool. How can anyone NOT like bunnies?

Aaaaaaand.....here is a random Sontaran. Have a nice day.

1403095879913.jpg

1403095940818.jpg

She likes to be tall! :)

Felix loooves to jump on top of things. He often jumps on the giant squishie dragon or hedgehog and accidentally tips them over. :p

Haha, she's so funny :D Bandit likes being on top of things too, he has his "blue box" which is an upside-down plastic storage bin that he loves to sit on top of (and get pets from). The way the crate is designed he can also hide inside it, he loves it. Sometimes I find it pushed around the room :p

Mine love sitting on top of everything. Their hidey houses, the cages, the dining room chairs, the arms of the sofa. Bandy was sleeping on top of one of the cages last night right in the corner. They obviously like getting the best view of everything. She is just lovely and looks so happy.

I think she´d like a little friend even if it doesn´t seem like it at the moment. I love nothing better than watching mine cuddle or groom, just makes me feel so smiley.

Houdini has just been racing madly from their enclosure out of it and in it again. When they race like that, I grin all the time.

Latest posts

Back