The Duchess Of UP Diaries, Luna edition.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Vanessa. :) I thought that might be what it meant but I wasn't totally sure. She is getting better about me petting her, she will come up to me and sit with her back to me and let me pet her. I still cannot get near her face or ears. She also is getting harder to photograph. She stops doing cute things as soon as my phone or camera comes out. I am hoping the dig box will be a good distraction. Lol

Love the pics and yes that is "you're not taking enough notice of me slave, I needs you to pet me " she is funny. Houdini carries his stuff about. He's taken to carrying his food cubes about and the eats them on the rug, he is a messy bunny. Who would have expected this so soon. You are doing great with her :)

I have decided that life with Luna is a lot like working with toddlers. Both run around like crazy, both tend to destroy things, both get into places they shouldn't, and both like to nibble on things. Luna nibbled on my knee for the first time today. It shocked me more than hurt and I kinda squeaked in surprise. She stopped right away and didn't do it again. Her bunny 500's are getting pretty intense. She loves to be on the move. Now she immediately starts binkying in her cage as soon as I walk into my room cuz she knows she is getting out. She has such a huge personality, I can't believe that no one wanted to adopt her. It boggles the mind.

1394073027599.jpg

1394073052406.jpg

Sometimes people never see the bigger picture, she has changed completely since you brought her home, you saw the possibilities when you first met her and saw past that frightened girl who hadn't had a good start. I just love seeing how she is now, a very happy and cheeky little lady. Love seeing her so well :)

Luna got her dig box today! I decided to just put newspaper in it for now. She used it a bit and didn't snub it, so I am declaring it a success! The blurry picture of her is during one of her many bunny 500 laps. :)

1394162840792.jpg

1394162860496.jpg

1394162874816.jpg

1394162897018.jpg

1394162922456.jpg

Great! I just *love* the photo of her butt sticking out of the tunnel! What a cutie! She looks like she is making herself right at home, hum? Wow, it's really taken her no time at all to start to settle in. I thought it was going to take like 6-7 months, but heck, your making huge leaps and bounds with her! How is she getting along with the cat? Did you get her any stuffed animals to play with?

Vanessa

About the cat...depends on who you ask, lol. Tonks thinks Luna is great and she is ready to be BFFS. Luna however, is not as convinced. Tonks is ok as long as she stays on the right side of the xpen. Luna likes to sniff at her through it, but that is all. Tonks jumped the xpen last night (I was totally taken aback, she is chubby so I thought she couldn't do it) and Luna charged her, grunting and thumping. Tonks just sat there, as if to say hey, lets be friends. I immediately removed her from the xpen, and Tonks got so mad at me.

No stuffed animals yet, that is next on my list of things to get her.

Haha, that's so funny about Tonks just sitting there when Luna charged her. So glad to see that Luna is so bright and happy now compared to how she was in the shelter :)

Haha, that's so funny about Tonks just sitting there when Luna charged her. So glad to see that Luna is so bright and happy now compared to how she was in the shelter :)

Ain't that the truth! She is a totally different bunnie!:happybunny:
She is doing a great job with her!:bunny18:bunny18

Vanessa

Thanks guys! She certainly has brightened my life. :)

I *almost* got a flopped pic. My cat tried to jump the xpen again and landed on my head! She is no lightweight, and I ended up missing the flop. Silly Tonks.

Someone contacted me about a female bunny that is free to a good home. It is one of those friend of a friend type deal, my friend is going to try to get some more info before I make a decision. Luna might have a sister soon.

1394418435754.jpg

1394418451314.jpg

1394418481793.jpg

1394418503182.jpg

I love seeing them flop, sure you'll manage to get one of her eventually. Tonks sounds like a real character. She is a lovely girl, maybe she'd like having a pal, something new for her having a bunny friend. Hope you find a perfect match for her, would love seeing her with another bun :)

I know contentment tonight for the first time in almost 6 months. Sitting in my room, listening to my piggies happily popcorn (piggie equivalent of a binky) as they munch hay, watching Luna dig, chew, flop, and binky....just makes me smile.

I also am thrilled that she seems more comfy around me. She used to spend her out of cage time running around like a loonie. Now she spends a lot of it chilled out by me or sitting with her butt facing me so I can pet her. She hopped right up to me tonight and took my book right out of my hands. Lol. I was also able to pet her up by her ear tonight. Granted her back was to me, but usually when I get to the middle of her back she hops away.

1394594173048.jpg

1394594196108.jpg

1394594214509.jpg

1394594229059.jpg

I'm so happy she is doing so well :) It must feel pretty good to see her opening up to you and learning to trust.

I love the pictures and the updates especially about her taking the book out of your hands.. that's a hey woman, pay attention to me, not that large square thing with pictures you have in your hands! I love the pics of her especially hiding behind the bars! She is trying to be a Marta Hari or something in them! She is really changing and I'm so glad to see that. And here you were worried, I type this as Lady flops down on the floor beside me and my computer!

Vanessa

Isn't she just the cutest?! She made a little cardboard bed for herself. :)

I also think she has a cute little tush. Lol

1394671817594.jpg

1394671831905.jpg

so I don't know if you can tell in the picture or not (almost all of my pictures of her are blurry for some reason....she NEVER sits still) but in the first picture she was flopped on her side while chewing the cardboard. My little multitasker. Lol. The totally blurred one is the bunny 500.

1394765239043.jpg

1394765255696.jpg

1394765271653.jpg

1394765287554.jpg

1394765307414.jpg

1394765324493.jpg

Love the first one, she sort of reminds me of Snowy, he flops and can still groom himsef. Sometimes, they do make me laugh out loud. She is so well and so happy. What a change in just a few months :)

Back