The Bunnies of Ten Acre Woods

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi! Crystalballl

Actually Mongo's Papers says he's AgoutiinFawn,but he does look like he's turning Tort colored to metoo,Pebbles is Tri-Colored and Daisy is an Opal.:wink

Here Area few more Pics!

Mongo Groomes Pebbles!:yes:

Mongo & Pebbles Play Ball.:hug:

Can't Forget My Daisy Baby!:inlove:

MikeE.

"Tell Me,I'll Forget"
"Show Me,I'll Remember"
"Involve Me,I'll Understand"

Oh is he a fawn? oops sorry hehehe Ihave no clue when it comes to the colours. I love theOpal. Thats nice too. I've been speaking to abreeder back and forth now. I have my heart set onTort. But the Opal is nice too. Can't wait to getBandit a buddy!!

Mongo is most certainly a tortoise.

Mike - Your Opal girl is stunning. Can I get your permissionto use her on my site "Coat Colors of the Domestic Rabbit?"Photo credits are given (good advertising for rabbitries!)

I still have a lot of work to do on the site and am in need of many photos (anyone else have photos they'd like to share?)

http://www.geocities.com/pamnock/

Pam

ps - Mike not sure if you saw my post that Matthew received his postcard from Texas! Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi!CrystalballlI'm ReallySorry! You were Right.....atleast untilPam corrected both of us. :wink

I was Wrong, I stated the color with out looking at the pedigreepapers!:embarrassed:The Papers say Tort but I'mmore inclined to beleive what Pam says!Cause my breeder,although being a great lady hasn't been breeding but a few yearsandcould definately be wrong!

:embarrassed:Mongo's Mother is Broken Tort and His father is Cream, All I know is He's Purty and We Love Him.:inlove:

Hello! PamThank you forthe Colorcorrection andOf coarse you can useDaisy's Pics or any others I have here for your site! :wave:

I'm glad Matthew got his postcard and another Texas one ison it's way!:wink

SomeMore ?'s Please!Pam

#1 What can I doto keepPebbles white Paws fromturning orange? We just changed litterto Woody Pet From CareFresh and of coarseshe stands in thelitter box and eats her hay and does her bussiness! They weren't orangetill we changed litter and they turned that color over night?.

#2 I found little black BB's all overPebbles houseand stuck toher hinny last night, I thought it wascecotrope's but it's super hard and looks just like charcoal ? AnyIdeas? She's 6 weeks old andsheisonly getting herPellets & Timothy hay!

Thank You!

MikeE.

"Tell Me,I'll Forget"
"Show Me,I'll Remember"

tenacrewoods wrote:
#1 What can I doto keepPebbles white Paws fromturning orange? We just changed litterto Woody Pet From CareFresh and of coarseshe stands in thelitter box and eats her hay and does her bussiness! They weren't orangetill we changed litter and they turned that color over night?.

#2 I found little black BB's all overPebbles houseand stuck toher hinny last night, I thought it wascecotrope's but it's super hard and looks just like charcoal ? AnyIdeas? She's 6 weeks old andsheisonly getting herPellets & Timothy hay!

Thank You!

MikeE.

"Tell Me,I'll Forget"
"Show Me,I'll Remember"

A litter box with a wire cover keeps bunns out of the litter and keepsthose little paws clean. A number of companies carry wirecovered litter pans:

http://bunnyrabbit.com/price/groom3.htm

As for the "pancake butts" common in lops - carefully soak and removeand material stuck to her butt. Trim off excess fur and applya small amount of vaseline to keep poos from sticking.

Pam

Thank you for the use of your photos! How would you like thephoto credit to read and do you have a website you'd like includingwith the photo credit?

Hi! Pam

:foreheadsmack: I thought of the wire not long after Iposted!:embarrassed: I've got Plenty around here to make myown!:thumbup

I cut the Poops out with Kid safe scissors last night and just checked, no More stuck poops!:woohoo

I'll try the Vaseline if more gets stuck.

No credit is necessary for the pics,If you want, just my name is fine! No Website!

Thank You!

MikeE.

"Tell Me,I'll Forget"
"Show Me,I'll Remember"

Mike,

Im so excited to see you brought Pebbles home! She is such a doll.Is Daisystill okay with sharing her man?

Oh, and another thing that works great for keeping bunnies off thewoody pet is a stiching screen. I know those metal screens can be a bitharsh on their feet. The stitching screen is made of plastic and theyrevery cheap (like 1.00 at Michaels) and you can cut them to fit thelitter box. It also works great bc the poos stay on top so you cannotice any problems asap.

Check out Pet_Bunny's Pebbles blog for pics!http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=9548&forum_id=6&page=4

Cant wait to see more of your trio! They are all gorgeous!

Thanks! Haley

Pebbles is a sush asweetheart that loves giving lots of kisses.

:no: daisy is not happy at all about sharing her Man though!:laugh:

She actually raised up and :boxing my wifes hand when she reachedinDaisy's house to pick her up.:stikpoke:roflmao:

I've told the girls over & overto let her come out on her on! :foreheadsmack: :headsmack

I think her horrmones kicked into overdrive after Meeting Pebbles,She'sstill trying to mount her (but no biting or scratching)whenever they're are out together but she hasnever tried to mountMongo at all.

I'm sure she's justestablishing her dominanceandher place in thepecking orderover pebblesandshe has gotten a real attitude toward everybody except forMe & Mongo. :biggrin:

She is starting tocalming down just a tiny bit though!:nerves1 :wink

Thanks for reminding me about the stiching screen, I couldn't rememberwhat it was called. I'm going to pick some up for all 3 Bunstomorrow! :bunnydance::bunnydance: :bunnydance:

I'm uploading pics now and should have more posted by tomorrow!:thumbup

:wave:

MikeE.

"Tell Me,I'll Forget"
"Show Me,I'll Remember"

This sounds like a case where you need TheBunFather to intervene. I will make them an offer they can'trefuse....either behave...or I'll come and sit on them till the countof 10. (I only weigh 17 pounds and I'll be very careful).

Let mom know if you need me....

Hey...do you pay craisins for breaking up fights? Bananas?

I oughta look into this as a new occupation!

(That'll teach mom for giving my bedroom to Eric).

The BUNFATHER

tenacrewoods wrote:
Thanks! Haley

Pebbles is a sush asweetheart that loves giving lots of kisses.

:no: daisy is not happy at all about sharing her Man though!:laugh:

She actually raised up and :boxing my wifes hand when she reachedinDaisy's house to pick her up.:stikpoke:roflmao:

I've told the girls over & overto let her come out on her on! :foreheadsmack: :headsmack

I think her horrmones kicked into overdrive after Meeting Pebbles,She'sstill trying to mount her (but no biting or scratching)whenever they're are out together but she hasnever tried to mountMongo at all.

I'm sure she's justestablishing her dominanceandher place in thepecking orderover pebblesandshe has gotten a real attitude toward everybody except forMe & Mongo. :biggrin:

She is starting tocalming down just a tiny bit though!:nerves1 :wink

Pebbles actually appears to be a broken tort,but I wanted to give you a "heads up" on breeding tris if she is indeeda tri . . .

If she is a tri, she's a "tort" tri (a DQ for showing due to theshading). Tris/harlis should never be mixed with self colorslike tort, black, etc. The proper colored tri is an agouti,so should only be used with agouti colors such asred/orange/fawn. They shouldn't be bred with colors such aschestnut because it produces harle markings in those colors (a DQ).

Here's a photo of a castor mini rex with a harle marked bellyhttp://www.arba.net/jtwatch.htm

Here's a yahoo group for tri colored lop breeders which has a lot ofinfo on tri color geneticshttp://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/tri-colorlopbreeders/

The ej (harlequine gene that tris have) can be a pain to work with andit can produce a lot of unshowable colors. It should be keptisolated in a breeding program that is just for producing tri colorsand never mixed with tort.

Pam

Oh! TheBUNFATHER MyHero!:great:A ladies ManExtraordinare!:bow :bow

A ? Please: Dear BUNFATHER

As you know, from all yourWorldly Wisdom,Daisy and I are in love so I don't thinkthere'll be any problem with usbondingbut thenthere'sPebbles!

Dad'sgetting a Netherland Dwarf given tohim by MyBreeder in just 2 more weeks and he can Choosebetween eitheraBuck or Doe!

Now The tuffQuestion: O' Wise One :bow

What if Daisy doesn't except Pebbles into My harem?ShouldDadjust get a Buck to Bond with Pebbles?

I wouldn't like That Very Much.:growl:

Then we'd Have to have2 Large NIC homes(lessRoom)or shouldhe juststick with hisOriginalPlan and have1 Big"Mongo's Gigolo Bungalow":yes::laugh:

Your Humble Student!:bow :bow:bow :bow
Desperate Trying To Follow in yourFootsteps!

[suP]HELP!
[/suP]
Mongo:roflmao:

Hi! Pam It's OK!:biggrin:

We don't plan on breeding any of them!:no:

The Wife and I Have desided that we would justkeep a few Sweet little House Bunnies to Love!:inlove:

I'll look ather Papers and tell you her Pedigree later if you'd Like ?

All I rember off hand is she was Listed asOpal.:dunno:

MikeE.

"Tell Me,I'll Forget"
"Show Me,I'll Remember"

I may have mixed up the names - the one is mostcertainly an Opal. The other appears to be a broken tort, butmay be a torted tri.

Either way, both are absolutely stunning!!!!!!!!!!!

Pam

Wow! Pam

Are you Always right?:faint::bouquet:Of Coarse You Are! You areGood!:great:

Pebbles is a Broken Tort and the Litter the breeder justhadare Tri-Colored so it was My mistake and Yes Daisy is anOpal, guess I need to check papers before I engage myMouth!:embarrassed::wink

MikeE.

"Tell Me,I'll Forget"
"Show Me,I'll Remember"

Dear Mongo,

Thank you for the compliment. Now if I could only get mom to see me in the same way....oh well!

I would definitely advise your dad to get another doe instead of a buck. Here are my thoughts on this.

First of all, while does can be more territorial, having another buckaround, even altered, can cause a bit of a ruckus. Even though mom hadme "altered" (remind me to tell you about that later)....I still don'tlike it when a buck comes around. For some reason, even an altered buckwants to challenge my authority. The does automatically accept it.

Does however...even if they are territorial...are usually very easy forme to get along with. They know that I will take their side againstbreeder mom and I will encourage them to get along with a gentle nip ifthey continue to fight. (There is nothing quite like taking a nap witha doe on either side of you).

Your dad needs to remember that even if Daisy doesn't accept Pebbles,that Pebbles is still young enough to bond with another girl -especially if it is a young girl. My personal opinion (although yourdad should check the board for advice on bonding) is that two younggirls who are brought up together from a young age...can get along justfine.

I would suggest that your dad take Pebbles along to the breeder andhave her play with the litter and see if one rabbit in particular getsgroomed or grooms her or whatever. This way you can find one that fitsher personality.

I think the NIC cage idea your dad had is wonderful...butremember...free roaming is better. Do your best to learn how to get outof the cage (don't tell your dad I said that) and use ONE spot for yourdroppings and show your dad that you can be litter box trained andtherefore deserve to be free roaming.

Now .... about being altered. Let me take a minute and tell you aboutthat. What my mom did was to take me to a special place (I'd recognizethe smell anywhere now) and leave me there. She cried when she left andI thought it was because she would miss me...but when I found out whatI happened, I cried too. They petted me and were very nice to me andthen they put me in a box where I got sleepy. Now..here isthe important part. DON'T GO TO SLEEP!

When I woke up - I was missing two things....my "man things" as momcalls them. I hurt too. The people there petted me and lovedon me and gave me stuff so I didn't hurt so bad...but all I wanted todo was curl up in a corner and cry. How was I going to let mama know Iwasn't a man bunny anymore? (Tio & Kyo went at thesame time and they were crying in their carriers too).

I don't think mama knew what would happen - but she cried when shepicked us up anyway. She loved on us and gave us craisins and shepetted us and gave us something every few hours for a day or so thatmade us not hurt so bad.

But our pride was hurt...and we never were quite sure how to tell her what they did to us at that place.

So my advice to you? DON'T GO TO SLEEP. Cover up your manparts.....or better yet - don't get in the pet carrier if you see yourdad bring it out.

Well, I must go.

The BunFather

tenacrewoods wrote:
Oh!The BUNFATHERMy Hero!:great:A ladies ManExtraordinare!:bow :bow

A ? Please: Dear BUNFATHER

As you know, from all yourWorldly Wisdom,Daisy and I are in love so I don't thinkthere'll be any problem with usbondingbut thenthere'sPebbles!

Dad'sgetting a Netherland Dwarf given tohim by MyBreeder in just 2 more weeks and he can Choosebetween eitheraBuck or Doe!

Now The tuffQuestion: O' Wise One :bow

What if Daisy doesn't except Pebbles into My harem?ShouldDadjust get a Buck to Bond with Pebbles?

I wouldn't like That Very Much.:growl:

Then we'd Have to have2 Large NIC homes(lessRoom)or shouldhe juststick with hisOriginalPlan and have1 Big"Mongo's Gigolo Bungalow":yes::laugh:

Your Humble Student!:bow :bow:bow :bow
Desperate Trying To Follow in yourFootsteps!

[sup]HELP!
[/sup]
Mongo:roflmao:

tenacrewoods wrote:
Wow! Pam

Are you Always right?:faint::bouquet:Of Coarse You Are! You areGood!:great:

MikeE.

"Tell Me,I'll Forget"
"Show Me,I'll Remember"

Yes Mike, I am ALWAYSright- exceptwhen I am wrong :baghead

Pam :bunny24

The BUNFATHER

Mongo says thanks for theadvice, and we hope to get the pretty little Netherland Doe we firstdecided on but we'll take Pebbles along and let her Chooseforherself.:jumpforjoy:

Our goal is to let our bunnies all have free run of the Living room,dining Rm & kitchen but it's impossible until Mongo's Fixed.

Pam hahaha! Good One!:laugh:

Here's More Pics of The Clan!

MikeE.

"Tell Me,I'll Forget"
"Show Me,I'll Remember"

Soo cute! Dallas wants to go play with Daisy and Pebbles. This is what he has to say about Mongo being near them.

100_3453.jpg

Yikes, Mike, you went over 24hourswithout posting! We were about to send the(inter)national guard out looking for you!

You were missed!!

Hope you had a very happy holiday!

Hope Santa was good to you all! :gifts:

:happynewyear:

All the best for 2007!

sas :toast:

Latest posts

Back