The Bunnies of Ten Acre Woods

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tenacrewoods

Reaction score
Hi! Everyone

I just couldn't wait tillJanuary so Tuesday we went bymy breeders house to Just lookat her bunnies as she wouldn't have babies for a few days and only oneold enough for sale at this time.

So we looked and talked for a while then went Home,she had a Tort Lopthat I really loved but of coarse he wasn't the one for sale!:(

This is the one for sale,He's about to fly away.:D

Well I couldn't stand it, I keep going to her site and going backand going back to look at that Pic of this little Fawn colored Buck andSo called her today and said we had fallin in Love and we wanted him.
He's quite Adorable isn't he? He's 5 months old and weighs a Whoppin 1.75lbs :inlove:

I'd already bought 16 cages for my Rabbitry(2 X 8holeRuns)but nothing to keep a bunny in the House so before picking him up wewent shopping for those NIC Cubes to build him a new house.

When we got to the breeders he let all of us hold him and he cuddled myshoulder,givin me little Bunny Hug's for like 10 mins. :hug:
Ok! Ok! Herrrrrrrrrrrre's.......Mongo

He's checkin out his new digs.

Relaxing a bit.

Takin his first bite of hey with his new family.

More Pics following!

If these 2 Postshould go in the Bunny Blogs? could A Mod. Please move It for me?

Sittin Pretty,Looks like he's posing! :wink

Getting ready for TakeOff :shock2:

Thinks he's gonna Fly :laugh:

Now all settled in and Piggin out, in less than 30 minutes.:inlove:

That's all for now but I'll take more pics of him and "Mongo's Mansion"
tomorrow! :D

Mike E.

"Tell Me,I'll Forget"
"Show Me,I'll Remember"
"Involve Me,I'll Understand"

Hi Mike, your new addition is beautiful, or should I say handsome.

Love the picture where it looks like he's ready for take off.

Looking forward to more pictures.

Susan:apollo:

PS

Is that you in your avitar? Nice Hat. Good Lookin Cowboy too!

Aww...welcome home, Mongo!! You shouldput those adorable pictures in a Bunny Blog, while you're slowlyintroducing your new bunny family! :)

Wonderful, adorable choice...Mongo is so cute!! :D

We just melt over bunnies around here, can ya tell?? :)

Rosie*

Hi!SOOOSKA

Thanks For the Nicecompliments, Yes thats me in the Avatar,The Wife seems to like that picalso butit'll be changed to thebetterLookinman in the Family "Mongo" Later on.:laugh:

maherwoman

I thought one of the mods might move it to TheBunny Blog but I guess I need to do that Myself maybeTonight, He is Adorable isn't He!:bunnyheart

KimandCocoa
The Holland Lops are My Favorite. I lust love their littleRound heads,Big Beautiful Eyes and those adorable Floppy ears.

:inlove:

The wife just took some more pics and says he got the cuttiest littleButt when he stands up.:shock2::laugh:I''ll have to find that pic andpost it!

Look at that that Cute little Butt!

Look at the little bugger climb before we gotthe top on Mongo's Mansion.:shock2:

Here's2 moreof my little man's Pics!:yes:

MikeE.

"Tell Me,I'll Forget"
"Show Me,I'll Remember"

Oh my gosh! I didn't know they canclimb!!! He is soooo very cute. Looks like he isvery comfortable in his new home.

He is adorable!

Im so happy for you and your family that you were able tp bring this little one home!

Oh, and I'll move this to bunny blogs for ya! Cant wait to hear how he's settling into his new home. Lucky little guy :)

He's beautiful - and I hope he might change your mind about house rabbits. (Said by a convert to house rabbit-dom. BTW... ;))

Ooh what a lovely boy! :bunnydance: Look at his gorgeous bum!

I love the hollands as well, there was a thread on an NZ forum theother day where people were listing their favourite breeds on rabbitand hollands were getting very insulted and I got a bit annoyed :X. Itseems that the person who started the thread didn't like them at all,said they had broken ears and looked like fluffly slippers. Pffft!

Oh, can they ever! I had to make somemodifications to Nibbles' ex-pen and condo (they're attached), as shecan jump up to the top crossbar and then *climb out.* She lives in myfamily room (which is where I spend most of my time when I'm home), butone morning I was awakened to the sound of somebunny hopping around onmy BR floor - she came all the way upstairs to find me, and had onlybeen up the stairs (they're only enclosed on one side) via carrier....She's a bold one!

binkies wrote:
Oh my gosh! I didn't knowthey can climb!!! He is soooo very cute. Looks likehe is very comfortable in his new home.

Thank You! Everyone for the sweet compliments.:kiss:

What does everyone Think of his name? My girls thinks Daddyisplain Silly but the Wife andI justloveit.:highfive:

He can definitely Climb and quick too. :faint:

Well Here it is "Mongo's Mansion"!

Actually My littles girls built the entire Thing,I gave them theinstructions,a large pack of electrical ties and my cordless jig sawand of course the Cubes.
Then I went into my room to watch a Basketball game, 2 hours later theycame in to get me and show off their "Exceptionally Beautiful Work".:blueribbon:I am one "Proud Papa". :wiggle
I'd say they did one heck of a Job for 10 and 11 year olds! :yes:

I think Mongo Really likes his new Digs too,:happybunny:but I not so sure how he feels about his new Room Mates yet! :ponder:

Haley Thanks for moving the thread, Now Mongo's got his very own Blog!:bunnydance::bunnydance:

Mike E.

"Tell Me,I'll Forget"
"Show Me,I'll Remember"

Hey! Everyone

Target has the NIC cubes on saleright now for $14.95 and it only took 1-3/4 boxes to build "Mongo'sMansion".:shock2:

Mike E.

"Tell Me,I'll Forget"
"Show Me,I'll Remember"

What a cute little bun!:bunnyheart And I love the name! Your girls did anawesome job with the cage- now I know who to call.;)

So I see how well the "bunnies in the lean-to" idea isworking.:D Is he not for breeding then? I spy acute little snip of white on his forehead.

tenacre, re. the stuffed animals - do they havecloth or plastic eyes? If plastic, I'd strongly suggest getting Mongo apal with cloth eyes, to be on the safe side.

naturestee

I'm still going to be breeding but "My Girls"and (NotMe):whistlingjust couldn't wait till late January to get ourbreeding Hollands. Mongo will be part of the breeding stock but thisbreeder only had One Lops for sale at the timeand the otherHollandLops breeder that I was in contact withemailed me Yesterday too say he wouldn't be able to provide me with the4Bunnies I requested So now I'm hoping to find Good Stock inJan. at the Montgomery County Fair or the Houston LiveStock Show inFebruary.We will get another Buck from Mongo's breeder in 6weeks.:yes:

We look that little White Snip on his head andit give him Character!:wink

We just had too have a House Bunny after reading all Yall's Post!:mrsthumper:

We just went Too Look at Mongo, Not intending to buy tillJanuary but we all fell in love with him and just had to bring himhome.:inlove:

ec
Thanks forpointing that out as I didn't even notice and thank goodness Mongohasn't even given them a second look so far. I'll go check Right now.

MikeE.

"Tell Me,I'll Forget"
"Show Me,I'll Remember"

Oh, yeah...good point!

You can find good embroidered-eyed stuffies in the baby aisle at places like Target. :)

ec wrote:
tenacre, re. the stuffed animals- do they have cloth or plastic eyes? If plastic, I'd strongly suggestgetting Mongo a pal with cloth eyes, to be on the safe side.

ec& maherwoman Thank You!

Both of Mongo's new (stuffed Rommies) had plastic eyes so they whereimmediately removed! I'll check out Target for Bunny safe friends!:hug:

Haley Thanks

My girls are really proud of building "Mongo's Mansion All By Themselves!:great:

Mike E.

"Tell Me,I'll Forget"
"Show Me,I'll Remember"

Stuffed buddies for dogs generally have sewn-oneyes, too - I can't give them to my bun because she'd chew them all up,which is somethng you'll need to keep an eye on re. Mongo. (Thoughevery rabbit is different and some are far less inclined toward chewingthan others.)

Back