The adventures of Peter Cartier Rabbit!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I need those hugs now because I feel like SUCH a BAD bunny mother!!!! I've had so much swimming around in my head that I completely forgot I had Peter's first gotch'ya day!! I can't believe it's been a year since I've had him! It feels like I've had him for longer! The funny part is, is that when I confronted him about it and said "Peter how can you ever forgive me for being so neglectful?" He just glanced back at me almost nonchalantly lol :) I love Peter Cartier Rabbit!!

P.S that was NOT my full post, I just spent the last 30 min typing all the animals' situations out and it somehow didn't post"?!!? Ahh maybe next time lol.

holtzchick wrote:
Stress, stress, stress and just when you think its done... MORE stress... It seems my animals and my supportive boyfriend are the only things keeping me sane! I love my little critters more than anything in the world and don't know what I'd do without them! They are so compassionate and caring, they listen without judgment and I love that they are so dependent upon my care because it reminds me that just when I've had enough, they keep me strong, they remind me that I need to be there for them and such in return are there for me.

I can say that animals have probably been the biggest source of therapy for me within my life, they cannot inflict pain that humans can. My lovelies are my best friends and I wouldn't trade that for anything in the world :heartbeat:
Have to agree. After past life lessons, these days I'd rather be with animals than people.

Unconditional love with no strings attached. Does my heart good!

K:)

K

Where do I begin? ... Perhaps I should add, that this restaurant, which has been an 8 month work in progress is FINALLY opened (and yes, it's nice and legal). For the past week, I have been working literal 15 hour shifts in order to get this thing off the ground. Despite my efforts, why do I feel as though I am not an asset. I am not a chef by all means (I'm scared to use knives and cut myself yesterday), I'm not enough of a people person nor am I quick enough to serve. I feel like a guinea pig. :/ My boyfriend and his partner will be reaping the rewards and I'm happy for them, at the end of the day I however fail to feel satisfied with myself.

On one end, I am happier with the longer hours because this has caused me to realize I have less time to spend with the lovelies and so I have thought of alternate ways for them to get all their necessary daily exercise. Peter is now officially part free range and roams around out of his cage the entire day. I must say I am SO surprised with how good he is and he is so much more welcoming when I come home! Pandora, well, as soon as I get home I let her out and spend as much time with her as I can, although she's been bored and depressed with me as well as of late. She's quite lonely I've noticed and she needs a friend. When the restaurant picks up, more income, more steady hours, I will surely get her a friend and a cage mate, and would like to also buy all my lovelies new cages. :)

I'm not sure what I am doing at the moment to be honest, but I did get an offer from my bf's partner's sister to be a hair model for her salon. When I refused because I wanted to grow my hair, she wouldn't take no for an answer and even offered to give me hair extensions to compensate! lol! I don't get it. Last year I did some hair modeling for a salon in Toronto and it was pretty fun, I ended up with hot pink short and modern hair, it was edgy and I have awesome pictures from it. Maybe the trick is to take every opportunity because you never know where it will lead, I just don't understand why of all people, those near me seem to see something in me that I just can't see myself. They all claim I have a good energy about me even when I am in low spirits. I suppose I won't know until I try.

Next time I have a moment, I swear to post pictures! I have to be up early, but wanted to update my blog a little bit. :)

Hmmmmm I should have trusted my gut from the beginning. I decided this morning that I was going to have an open chat with my boyfriends partner regarding my involvement in this restaurant and sure enough I was right. His partner had no intentions of having me involved and I was simply a burden to them. On the up side this has pushed me to go into a direction that I actually enjoy and starting tomorrow I'm volunteering at the lovelies' veterinary clinic :)

I wish I could actually apply for a job there but for personal and financial reasons I never finished any sort of secondary/post secondary education, maybe things will pick up for me eventually though. I have good intentions, its just the world around me that seems to look right through them. Since I love animals so much, I figured I would rather be happy volunteering to work around them than be stuck making money in a job I can't stand.

I received news today that on my ferret forum, Pandora has been named ferret of the month for April which I was quite happy to hear. All my little dears are doing wonderful today and I spent most of last night cleaning them up so I'm guessing they're feeling fantastic! :)

Ahhh!! quick update!! I checked the ferret rescue near me and they have a 4 month old stray girl that seems to be quite friendly in their care. Looks like Panda Bear may have a friend sooner than I thought :) !!!!!

holtzchick wrote:
Ahhh!! quick update!! I checked the ferret rescue near me and they have a 4 month old stray girl that seems to be quite friendly in their care. Looks like Panda Bear may have a friend sooner than I thought :) !!!!!
Wishing you luck in obtaining this little girl. And bonding this little girl to Panda Bear.

K:)

Thanks guys! I got a reply back from the rescue, there is still a socialization period that she needs to go through in order for her to be adoptable which is fine by me I asked that they keep me updated through this process.

I went to the vets office today and my vet only works from Thursday till Sunday so no one else in the office has any clue about what I was talking about when I asked to volunteer. My vet told me I was allowed to volunteer any time but then again he's got a totally CRAZY sense of humor lol. That's okay.

I took a SUPER long walk today, just to take a look in my area for businesses and to see where I can potentially work. I realized two things. 1) There are a TON of office and retail spaces to lease and 2) My area seems to have a huge cultural and recreational sector. SO I have decided that I am going on my own business venture. After giving much thought to it and researching, I am applying for a government grant for young entrepreneurs and would like to form strong alliances with those in the non profit and small business sectors within my community.

I actually discussed the idea (which I won't share so I don't jinx myself) with my family and they thought it was a feasible and competitive idea to bring into the market. I swear I felt like I had an epiphany :) I immediately went to the library and got a few books on investments, entrepreneurs AND writing business plans and have already gathered some statistics from statistics Canada to back up my ideas. On the plus, my mother also directed me to the Canadian Federation of Independent business and I have also looked into attending some local business networking meetings in my community as well. By the end of this month, I hope to have my business plan well prepped after learning some information from these resources in these next few weeks.

Peter couldn't be happier (I'm sure this has nothing to do with me LOL). He was doing binky 500's last night on my bed since I decided he's got enough trust in me to play a little rough with him now, I started flipping him on his back. CUTEST thing EVER. :)

It has been quite a while! Wow. I didn't realize its been more than a full month since my last post!

A lot of changes happened since the last time I was on here. Well. For starters, my boyfriend and I made the decision to adopt Penelope out since we knew she wasn't getting the fullest out of her life here. We loved her, took amazing care of her, and thought she was cute as a button but when it came down to it, we were both just too afraid of her.
A girl who used to run an exotic rescue adopted her along with all her things and this girl is not afraid of her at all! My poor Penelope was with us for a good 8 months and we we were too afraid to touch her with our hands because we didn't think she was well socialized. I watched this girl just reach in to her cage and pet her like nothing lol!

Now Penelope is out of her cage for a few hours daily, apparently she loves chin rubs and does not mind other animals! I am happy we made this decision because I think it is the best thing that could've ever happened to her!

THEN, since I was always complaining how Pandora was so lonely we got her a friend!!! We bought Pippa (who is now 1 year 5 months old) from a girl in Toronto that was moving back to south Korea. She is HUGE! She is also the biggest suck ever! I know these guys just want to chase Peter around lol (not gonna happen).

As for my Mr. Cartier, he is getting to be quite the handsome devil! He is also a cheeky little bugger and spends most of his days with me on my bed! I love that all of my animals can still co-exist with each other...

I decided that since I like to post so many pictures that I would open up a photobucket account.

So, I know you're dying to see pictures. Voila!

11.jpg

DONKEYBUNNY.jpg

VeggieFeeder.jpg

and last but not least heres of video of my two new losers playing together :)

Much has changed yet again since my last post!

This time, it was a full on life change. I broke up with my boyfriend after 2 years since something was missing, I found that there was too much compromise from both parties and it still was not working. I moved back into my mothers place, along with Peter Cartier and Pandora & Pippa. I also went to get my drivers license *I'm doing so well :)* and am getting a job at a pet store down the street (sells food only, no pets) since I figured I would start with something I love to do. It's been a crazy month, lots of organizing, but things will be better.

I am still friends with my ex (it is definitely not impossible to stay friends!) I don't take any offence to anything that happened in our relationship and I know I deserve 100x better, no hard feelings.

Last night I kept Peter out for the whole night and woke up to him on my bed sleeping with me, it was so cute! Definitely lots of bonding time going on! I'm not sure how to secure the bottom of him hutch now since I had to minimize it to the original size since theres not much space in this room. I had to replace one of the floor pieces I tossed but I find if my ferrets are determined enough, they can climb into the cage SO I need a permanent solution for that. I was thinking of just putting some C&C cubes around the perimetre of the hutch until I figure it out.

[align=center]What's going on with Peter? Patiently waiting for your next blog update!

~Preston[/align]

Well, Peter, I don't know what to say. Just as always he is my spoiled rotten little bunny. Living in his bunny condo, doing what he wants whenever he wants. He is finally allowing me to pet him and pick him up when necessary but I don't want to clip his nails yet again because I don't want to jinx it! I don't enjoy being on Peter's bad side!

I'm not sure if you read my post in the forums section but I just found a stray bunny and it turns out to be female. Once she is spayed I can finally bond her to Peter. I'm so happy because I do not believe it is right to keep an animal solely on it's own. I never gave it much thought although upon seeing my two bonded ferrets and how they do everything together, I would love to see Peter bonded with a bunny.

I have decided to name her Phoenix. I hope they will be the best of friends. It is still months away before the can be an introduction but I am pretty hopeful. Poor Peter is outnumbered. My animal kingdom is now 3 girls 1 boy. I need to get a male ferret just so Peter doesn't feel like the only male in the house lol. Although if I get another ferret, I don't know what I'd name him. It's gotta be a "P" name. Hmmm.... Phillip perhaps. Either or.

Things have been going well I suppose. I started my job at the pet store. It's actually better than I thought because now I don't feel like spending all of my money in the store. I realized now that I am working a lot and just trying to save money to move back out. I mean I love my family loads and am grateful that they were there when I needed them most but I need my own space. I am also looking at getting a second job just to help out. I'm very hopeful for the good times ahead. I just wish I had better luck with friends and relationships. It's difficult to meet people that would like to stay in touch. Surprisingly once again, my only true friend is my ex, it's been weird lately. It's hard because his family just came to visit him from Sweden and so I met them yesterday. It was extremely difficult to listen how much they've heard about me and how much they enjoy my company etc etc. I also loved their company and although I don't need to be in a relationship with him to maintain contact with them, it still hits a soft spot.

Things can happen when you least expect them to. I also find that if you take the time to speak less and listen more, you will infer much more from circumstances in your surroundings.

Preston, thank you for your interest in my blog! I hope I didn't bore you to death, it's just been a while since I've updated!

I swear there will be more picture updates soon!!

Wow, JJ surprisingly, NEVER thought about the name Prince! Thanks!! I will put it in my names to use list I love it!

I'm doing great, how is everything with Pembrooke and yourself? Are you still keeping up with the writing? You are fantastic at it!

holtzchick wrote:
Wow, JJ surprisingly, NEVER thought about the name Prince! Thanks!! I will put it in my names to use list I love it!

I'm doing great, how is everything with Pembrooke and yourself? Are you still keeping up with the writing? You are fantastic at it!
Pedro, Percy, Pluto, Pongo and Peace!
Pembrooke and Dandelion are doing incredibly well! Definetly trying to keep up with the writing and thank you so much! That actually means the world to me!
Jj

Loved reading thru your blog. You have quite the zoo! I know nothing about birds and hedgehogs so it's cute to see some things about them.

Peter sounds like a little doll. Intelligent and opinionated and so sweet. I love his color!

For your next male 'p' pet name may I suggest Paxton or Pilot? ;)

Awh thank you! No, I think Jj said it all, I'm sticking with Prince lol. Yeah, Well, I wasn't getting along too well with Penelope I was sort of afraid of her so I gave her to a girl that used to run an exotic animal rescue. They're getting along beautifully! Had I not been so afraid of her I would have realized that she was actually extremely social :\.... My exboyfriend has the birds but I see them every so often. They're very bonded now, and they go for little flights together in the apartment, its super cute!

I should probably update this thing more often.... I used to feel the need to update everyday but life has since gotten extremely busy. I suppose its a good thing. :)

Latest posts

Back