Texan Tales (& Tails) - by TinysMom

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well - this will be picture heavy...sorry. (If drinking - put the cup down....there is cuteness coming up).

Oh - and put those needles away Donna...

This was their first time outside in the dog kennel (and one managed to escape after the photo shoot).

Hopefully this will give you an idea of their sizes now, etc. The light was pretty bad when I was doing this.

[align=center]
DSCF8001.jpg

DSCF8008.jpg

DSCF8009.jpg

DSCF8010.jpg

DSCF8011.jpg

DSCF8017.jpg

DSCF8018.jpg

DSCF8019.jpg

DSCF8024.jpg

DSCF8027.jpg

DSCF8028.jpg

DSCF8031.jpg

DSCF8034.jpg

DSCF8036.jpg

DSCF8038.jpg

DSCF8039.jpg

DSCF8040.jpg

DSCF8045.jpg

DSCF8046.jpg

[/align]

Oh my goodness! I just love your bunnies!! Every time I look at your blog I want a flemmie. hehehe I love their ears!

:faint::faint:THEY ARE SO BEAUTIFUL!! :inlove:

And getting so big!! :shock2:

Thanks for the warning about putting down the drink...I would have spilled all over myself.

This is my fave...they look like they are PLOTTING something:

I
DSCF8010.jpg

I also have to say...what grand and gorgeous ears!!

It was weird at our show on Saturday. One rabbitry had 3 sandies up against Titan. They all had the SMALLEST ears I have ever seen on Flemmies. Most un-Flemmie-like! :p

Karen - they may seem big - but this might put it into perspective.

They are a few days older than Nyx was when we got her...and about half the size she was.

We go back and look at pictures of Nyx at this age - she was almost the size of Zeus - and these guys....are so much smaller than she was.

Then again - there were so many in the litter...

What is funny is that the kids' ears are almost the same length as my new girls' ears. That is hard for me to adjust to.

I was about to go to bed and get some good rest...till your observations about those two looking like they're plotting something.

Gee...thanks. Now I won't get to sleep.

I did take videos too and am uploading them.

Tomorrow I'll share (I hope).

Video two is done uploading (I wound up not doing a video three)...now to upload video one..
You can hear Art stacking carrier cages for the show - and at one point you can hear him playing around about letting all the bunnies out of the enclosure. I'm sure Dave & Karen can probably picture him threatening that too...since you've met him and know what a clown he can be..

Watching that video is the most fun thing I've done all week! The only thing better than seeing them in pictures...is seeing them on video.

Are you serious about the size? Nyx WAS almost too big for her carrier... They just look like they would be as big. Maybe it's those EARZ. I love how the ears are so big...then they have to grow into them! :inlove:

Oh - remind me tomorrow folks - I need to introduce you to "Truly". She's not a flemmie - but she seems to be our version of "Make Mine Chocolate"....

More later...with pics too.

Oh - and she's NOT mine....she's Art's.

But you'll be able to see that from the photos.

I thought I'd point out something....I know there is dog poo in some of the photos. The dogs normally stay out of the kennel and its used for the rabbits- apparently they'd be in there and we didn't notice it before putting the rabbits in.

The thing is - I wanted you guys to see the rabbits FIRST reactions to being outside....so that's why I left the poo there to focus on taking pictures first.

From now on I'm going to be checking the pen to make sure there is no poo in there....especially as we enter spring/summer aka "fly strike season".

TinysMom wrote:
The thing is - I wanted you guys to see the rabbits FIRST reactions to being outside
You can see they are having a great time, especially on the video!

And lol, I see that one has already learned how fun it is to DIG...especially under the fence! Poor dear doesn't know about the concrete under the dirt.... :biggrin2:

A short note before heading to bed...

Nyx's babies all have their eyes open and they're learning to jump out of the nestbox - especially one in particular. Now she's begging me to let her out of the cage all night (not happening).

Also - tomorrow I go pick up Eric and then Friday a.m. we leave from here for the state show.

Eric wants to show off bunnies where he works so I'm taking "puppy" (Mercury), a couple of "kids", a couple of the "tinies" (Meatloaf's litter) and a lionhead. I think I'm going to take Squirrel for the lionhead...she's so beautiful.

I guess that is all for now...

TinysMom wrote:
Oh - remind me tomorrow folks - I need to introduce you to "Truly". She's not a flemmie - but she seems to be our version of "Make Mine Chocolate"....

More later...with pics too.

Oh - and she's NOT mine....she's Art's.

But you'll be able to see that from the photos.
reminder! I know im a few days late.

Lots of exciting things happening at your house right now!

We'll be anxious to hear how the show goes. And maybe in a few days we can have pictures of the babies?

Hope all is going according to plan and you're having fun at the show!

Miss you!

sas :bunnydance:

Eric & I are at the hotel - I'm dead tired and about to head to bed.

I'm very very disappointed....most of my rabbits are underweight ... and after seeing the sandies that are here - I know there is now way we can win.

As I told Art when I called him - and Eric when we talked...I'm thinking of NOT spending all the money to go to Nationals when I don't feel like my rabbits can compete (at this time).

It is a long story that I can't go into now - but on Thursday I had a former flemish giant breeder look at Mercury and one of his daughters. I learned a lot...I think I would be better off to spend a year working on my lines - showing off my rabbits here in Texas and getting them used to shows - and then going next year.

Finally - I'm debating about two bunnies....Art's favorite breed. Her name is Joy...she's a blue - his name is "Charlie Brown Jr" or "jr" and he has a big big personality...much like Puck's.

I was going to decide against getting them - when Art realized I was talking about holland lops...and suddenly he loved the idea.

I haven't given an answer yet...its a decision I need to think over. I have to say that Art & I both do love the lops and their personalities and he loves the hollands so much. (Joy was recently bred to a super nice buck too...so she "might" be pregnant and is an experienced mommy).

Anyway - that is it for now. I'll share our losses..uh...results...tomorrow.

As a side note - I think that I saw some of Sophia's littermates that a youth breeder is showing...WOW. Awesome. (Their tattoos are just one or two off from hers as far as the number goes). I hope I can get pictures of them.

Speaking of pictures - I took a bunch today....different breeds, etc.

Oh - and I got to meet Mary Crawford - who was one of the breeders working to get velveteen rabbits passed too. Eric got to help her with her English lops for a bit.

I was hoping to find an English lop to take home...especially after reading stories about Daisy and Yofi. But I keep find myself being drawn to the Hollands...when I held Joy today I was almost in tears. She reminds me of another doe I had once - GingerSpice. So much of the same personality. And JR? Oh my word - what a flirt and what a character.

I gotta stop this - before I talk myself INTO getting them when I'm supposed to be talking myself OUT of getting them.

More later...

Latest posts

Back