Texan Tales (& Tails) - by TinysMom

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Super exhausted - about to head out the door for the banquet and all I can said almost is .... T I R E D.

I'm going to need some naming help when I get home with a rabbit....and I have finally decided to go ahead and work with a second breed (smaller). I won't say what it is except give some of you a teaser of what I considered naming the rabbitry for them...

"Puck's Pranksters"

More when I get home - or maybe later tonight.

Oh - I got to see a new breed that isn't a breed yet - perlsomething or pearl something or...anyway...brain dead.

BTW - all four girls got dq'd for weight (underweight) - but the order they WOULD have placed was...Calypso first, Harmony second, Sophia third and Athena fourth. Funny thing is - Calypso hates the show...and Athena LOVES going to the show and seeing all the other bunnies and stuff.

Mercury made his weight and got some great comments on him.

And now I'm off to the banquet/dance...where I will be snoring under the table.

Dave - I figured out your 12 step program for not buying more rabbits.

Step 1 - buy rabbit
" 2 - " "

etc. etc.

Step 12 - buy last rabbit and realize your rabbit feed bill is worse than your grocery bill!!!

Awww, Peg!! Your going to work with the naughtiest breed of rabbit EVER?! LOL

I miss Puck and I am sure he would be proud. I bet Art is happy!!!

TinysMom wrote:
Dave - I figured out your 12 step program for not buying more rabbits.

Step 1 - buy rabbit
" 2 - " "

etc. etc.

Step 12 - buy last rabbit and realize your rabbit feed bill is worse than your grocery bill!!!
I don't know about Step 12....buy last rabbit....my hubby didn't know there was such a thing!!:biggrin2:

wabbitmom12 wrote:
DRUMROLL, PLEEEEAAASSSE!

This is my 1,000th post!!!!!!!!

LOL, I hadn't even been paying attention, Peg!!
In honor of your 1,000th post - when I get home - I'll get pictures of Nyx's babies tomorrow and post them here. I imagine they're driving her even more crazy...as they were jumping out of their nestbox the other day (and then one even jumped back in).

undergunfire wrote:

Naughtiest breed? Nope - didn't get an e-lop like Yofi or Daisy...

But naughtiest dwarf breed - YEP. I miss Puck so much and he was such an awesome rabbit.

Friday night I called Art & told him I was looking at bringing home two rabbits (Joy & J.R.) and he started complaining about feeding them and space and stuff. We got interrupted and he had to get off the phone for a bit. So I sat and talked to Eric and he was asking me why it was so important to me to get these rabbits if Art didn't want them.

I had to call Art back anyway - so we chatted for a minute and then I said, "I thought about what you said and I've decided to not get those hollands..."

He said, "Hollands? The little guys? I thought you meant the big ones that eat so much. Oh...you don't have to not get them because of me...".

I then hesitated and said, "Well...we have enough as it is."

His response was, "Its up to you but if you want to get them that's fine with me. I thought you were going to bring home big rabbits."

Later, before we hung up - he brought up the hollands one more time and made sure I knew he was ok with it.

You see...Art LOVES holland lops the best.

I'd been toying with bringing in a smaller (recognized) breed to work with. I love the lionheads a lot - but mine are getting too old to breed and I wanted to be able to show.

After seeing Roger's mini-rex last fall I thought that I might go with that.

But to be honest with you - I knew that wasn't a good fit for me. I know how much Art loves hollands...and to be honest - I love them too.

I'll post pictures later...but I have a tort buck and two broken tort girls.

I'm so excited. They can't be bred for another 2-3 months as they're still juniors. One of the girls took best in her class yesterday. The judge felt she had a LOT of potential as she grows up.

So yeah...I'll be working with both holland lops and flemish. I've also made some other decisions that I'll be sharing later. Talking with some breeders has made me do a lot of thinking.

undergunfire wrote:

I meant to add this...

Rarely does a day go by that I don't think of Puck and miss him. Its hard to believe its been over a year since he's been gone - and he crosses my mind as much as (or even more than (sometimes)) Tiny does.

It seems like every time lately that one of the flemmie kids does something - I find myself remembering him and notice how much they're like him cause they're still kids. I think part of it was Puck was always a kid at heart.

I still laugh when I remember him standing down the mean old vacuum monster and not letting Art vacuum - when he was about 7 weeks old. He just would not move - even when Art moved the machine right next to him. Nope - that was HIS spot.

I think this trio will bring some more joy to our lives.

Now - back to the show. We will hopefully be done around noon-ish (we're going in late today since we're not showing) and then we can head home.

I'm uploading photos from this weekend (over 150 of them) - I got to see a new breed that will be presented soon for a COD and I hope to write more about that later.

But here is one example of some of the cuteness I got to see this weekend.

DSCF8214.jpg

I'll probably do a special thread in the main forum with all sorts of the photos in it...

I have a bunch of photos still uploading - but I'm wiped out.

So I'm gonna share a few of my favorites here...imagine being surrounded by all this cuteness...and more..

[align=center]
DSCF8144.jpg

DSCF8147.jpg

DSCF8152.jpg

DSCF8153.jpg

DSCF8154.jpg

DSCF8156.jpg

DSCF8159.jpg

DSCF8160.jpg

When I took this picture of Sher - I had no idea that I'd be buying her less than 2 hours later...but I so love broken torts...
DSCF8162.jpg

DSCF8165.jpg

DSCF8167.jpg

DSCF8171.jpg

Hmm...I wonder why some cages didn't have complete signs on them????
DSCF8175.jpg

DSCF8179.jpg

DSCF8193.jpg

DSCF8197.jpg

DSCF8199.jpg

DSCF8200.jpg

[/align]

Because of their tattoos - I believe at least one or two of these are Sophia's littermates.

This one looks so much like Mercury (who has the same dad as Sophia) that I think it might be a littermate.
[align=center]
DSCF8111.jpg

Other than be monster-sizer - this one's face looked almost exactly like Sophia's...
DSCF8112.jpg

This one was same breeder but didn't look as much like her...
DSCF8113.jpg

[/align][align=left]She (Sophia) was a "pick of the litter" between Jack and another breeder (for using Jack's best buck) and she has a different tattoo than Jack's rabbits normally do.
[/align]

They say a picture is worth a thousand words....and Karen posted her 1,000th post in my blog...so here is a post celebrating her "grandbabies" from Nyx.

[align=center]
DSCF8297.jpg

DSCF8300.jpg

DSCF8301.jpg

DSCF8303.jpg

DSCF8308.jpg

DSCF8310.jpg

DSCF8311.jpg

DSCF8313.jpg

DSCF8325.jpg

DSCF8330.jpg

DSCF8336.jpg

DSCF8338.jpg

DSCF8342.jpg

DSCF8344.jpg

[/align]

Ready for more pictures that will make the page hard to load?

:inlove:

This is Dexter. He is going to be the herd buck for my trio of holland lops I'll be working with. I know his ears aren't lopped yet - but the three holland breeder who looked at him (and his brother and other bucks at the show) all agreed that his ears should lop fairly soon and that he was the best buck there in my price range. They felt he would go well with the does I wanted to get.

[align=center]
DSCF8271.jpg

DSCF8274.jpg

DSCF8275.jpg

DSCF8276.jpg

DSCF8277.jpg

DSCF8278.jpg

DSCF8279.jpg

DSCF8280.jpg

DSCF8281.jpg

DSCF8282.jpg

[/align]

More pictures to come - but here are two "teaser" pictures of Cindy and Sher.

Cindy has more color in her face..

[align=center]
DSCF8255.jpg

DSCF8256.jpg

[/align]

More pictures of Cindy and Sher...and I don't know how I'm going to get work done around the house with all the cuteness from the flemish babies....the flemish adults...the hollands...the lionheads and so much more...

[align=center]
DSCF8226.jpg

DSCF8227.jpg

DSCF8231.jpg

DSCF8235.jpg

DSCF8237.jpg

DSCF8242.jpg

DSCF8246.jpg

DSCF8250.jpg

DSCF8252.jpg

DSCF8253.jpg

DSCF8257.jpg