Texan Tales (& Tails) - by TinysMom

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its sorta done.

The tattoo is sorta in her ear...but the ink didn't "take" well to it. Gonna try to find her in a few minutes and try to put ink on it again and see if it takes.

TinysMom wrote:
Its sorta done.

The tattoo is sorta in her ear...but the ink didn't "take" well to it. Gonna try to find her in a few minutes and try to put ink on it again and see if it takes.

:shock:That doesn't sound too good, lol!

I take it that Miss Nyx was not amused with the whole tatooing idea.

Nyx isn't happy right now - we'll leave it at that.

She had three babies crowded around her - giving her kisses and grooming and tending to her when I saw her a couple of minutes ago.

I sat down beside her on the floor and she came over to me and nuzzled me for pets and attention.

I think sometimes I give folks the wrong impression of Nyx. Yes - she's a diva bun...and she loves to get into things she shouldn't - like the calf manna and feed bucket and opening up the bale of hay herself.

But she is also one of the most LOVING bunnies I've ever had. Most of the time - if I call her - she'll come over to me - or at least stay still for me to come to her. She'll frequently come over and nudge me for pets and she just loves to sit in my lap and eat treats if I'm on the floor.

So it isn't that she's a "bad" girl...its just that she feels she deserves special privileges because she knows she is so special to us.

I attribute much of her wonderful personality not only to her mom Sweetie, but also Dave & Karen for the way she was raised in their home.

In many ways - she is the ideal flemish giant....

ahem. . .

we haven't had baby bunny photos in like 2 days. . .

better get on that or we might start an RO riot

:waiting:

ps- good luck at your upcomming shows!

TinysMom wrote:
I suckered him into it - now to get a padded room, gloves, and clothing.....and face protection.

Must hurry since he leaves at 8 am in the morning..
Make sure everything has a lot of kevlar in it or steel.

katt wrote:
ahem. . .

we haven't had baby bunny photos in like 2 days. . .

better get on that or we might start an RO riot

:waiting:

ps- good luck at your upcomming shows!

I WAS going to post photos...but I hate to give in to "terrorists" who threaten to start riots....

I think I'll post them anyway.

I'm too lazy to sort them - so oh well....I'll try to give a few captions to let you know why I chose those photos or whatever...

Also - since I think we'll be close to a new page soon - I'll do these regular size.

A few of these are for Minda - she'll know which ones...this is one.
[align=center]
IMG_0252.jpg

IMG_0251.jpg

They may still be "babies" - sorta - but they can sure give adult expressions now.
IMG_0249.jpg

IMG_0248.jpg

Art opened the cage door so you could see this - it is the view from my desk as I watch bunnies.
IMG_0259.jpg

IMG_0257.jpg

IMG_0256.jpg

IMG_0255.jpg

The size of one of the smaller litter...
IMG_0297.jpg

IMG_0292.jpg

We had some of the bigger ones in the box with the smaller ones to get them to meet each other. This one obviously remembers the nestbox from when it was younger.
IMG_0282.jpg

"This was MY nestbox first...you know?"
IMG_0279.jpg

This is for babies - and I'm a baby...go away.
IMG_0272.jpg

This is Mercury's cage - and the exact place and way Mercury sleeps...but it isn't Mercury. This sorta freaked me out to see his son doing this JUST like he does.
IMG_0327-1.jpg

As you look at the pictures of this rabbit on my desk -please tell me - am I the ONLY one who sees Mercury in the face? I hope not.
IMG_0323-1.jpg

Baby picture...again.

IMG_0294.jpg

IMG_0321-1.jpg

I disapprove.
IMG_0291.jpg

I still disapprove.
IMG_0290.jpg

IMG_0289.jpg

IMG_0287.jpg

IMG_0309-1.jpg

Can some of you see how the face on this one - is different from the face of the rabbit on the desk? This is one way I can tell differences even now.

IMG_0283.jpg

This is the same bunny that is on the desk...

IMG_0299-1.jpg

IMG_0281.jpg

Size comparison...sorta
IMG_0277.jpg

[/align]

I am sitting here in tears as I write this thread. No - I haven't lost any babies. No - I haven't lost any friends or anything like that.

But I think I'm going to take a break from the forum - and I decided to share about it with y'all here (this will probably be the only place I'll be for a bit).

Some things happened today that made me realize I really REALLY need a break. Some of them were here at home...some of them not.

But I've come to realize that right now - I am an emotional basketcase and little things are setting me off. Part of it is because some things happened today to make me really miss my "mother-in-love" as I called her. I can't get over the fact that when I am transferring numbers over to my new cell phone - hers isn't in the list anymore. It just hurts...badly. So I'm close to tears a lot over that.

In addition - I'm trying to get back ON my meds for my depression and its really hard. I probably shouldn't have gotten off them - and that in itself is a long story. But the meds are making me sleepy - to the point I have been falling asleep when driving down the road. In addition - I can be really happy and almost "high" one minute (well - not high - more like a "happy normal") and then suddenly I drop a bit and can start crying. I think it is partly due to waiting for the meds to kick in.

When you add all that to some things like - trying to work on arranging the flights for the girls to get here - and trying to work with the bunnies this week to prepare them for the show next weekend - and well - just a lot of things. Art will be gone next week too so Robin and I will be doing bottles.

So I'm gonna try to take a break for a bit. I may post in here every few days since I know y'all like photos and stories.

But I really just need a break to give my medicine time to get me back on track. I just yelled at Robin really badly - and I need to go talk to her.

I was on the phone today with someone from the forum who hasn't been on in a while - and I told her that even though she didn't have a rabbit anymore - I wanted her to keep in touch - because our friendship went beyond rabbits...to a real "friendship".

That's the way I feel about many of you..thanks for being there for me. I'll be back later.

We are always here for you and if want to call me or Karen don't hesitate to do so. Do what you need to do, the forum will still be here. When you come back if you have to post 200 plus photo's of your herd well I guess we can put up with it.:p

Your a great friend Peg, wabbitmom and wabbitdad's PM boxes and phones are always open to you.

Don't forget to tell Art to bring Nyx back a peace offering from his trip.

i understand the meds bit...i have gotten to the point that they honestly help me then destroy me toward the end of the day...i just take them now when im feeling depressed and probably not right but it helps.

and thank you for thinking of the forum about updates with pictures of the babies, but do take care of yourself first hand. cya soon

As my hubby and Fuzz16 said, we are all here for you.

Don't be too hard on yourself, okay? Changing/getting on/getting off meds is so difficult sometimes. We know that in the end they help...but getting through the first part is a roller coaster. Many of us have been there, and you know that I have a special case righthere in my house.

Please remember to curtail your activities as much as you can, and go ahead and let your self sleep. Today is Sunday...sounds like an excellent day for a nap. A really nice, long nap. It will feel good physically...but emotionally, it will help too.

Love ya! :hug:

First....he/she is beautiful. Thank you so much for the photos!!!

Second....you definitely need to take care of you, first!

Have you thought about making one of your boards in honor of your Mother-in-Love? A photo? connections? memories? the things you're struggling with and the things that keep you strong by her memory.

It's just an idea, but I know how beautifully inspiring your boards are when you complete them.

Love ya, Peg. I'm here if you need me!

Minda - thanks for the idea - maybe I will. The thing is - almost all of my picture of her - are in my heart and I have very few photos of her.

One thing that meant so much to me - was that even though I had a black thumb and she had a green thumb and loved to garden (and sewed for a living - where I can't even sew a straight line...honest...three people have all tried to teach me to sew and given up)....

she used to tell me that I had gifts that were just as valid as hers - that she loved to hear me talk/write and that she loved the fact that I loved her son enough to accept him as he was and let him be himself.

She had her faults and her flaws - yes. But by the time I met her - she was an older woman who had matured fairly gracefully (although I did see her angry a few times - just never at me).

I think the double whammy yesterday of taking her number off my calling list as I transferred numbers to my new phone - and then getting her estate's inventory list in the mail within minutes of that - just really threw me for a loop - brought up all the grief. I'm still crying over it.

However - I had to come back here to ask for prayers for three babies (from the older litter). Floppy wasn't himself last night - its hard to explain but he just didn't seem to act like himself plus he's not growing like I want him to. He spent the night with mama.

Two of the girls also sound like they have pneumonia or something - there is discharge around the nose area but I can't see it - it is their breathing that scares me. I'm treating them now - but they are so young and so small still that I'm really worried. So far they're still with us - but everyone is sleeping so it is hard to say what their activity level is like.

I'm not sure what would've caused them to be sick...unless it was the dust and stuff we stirred up by doing major cage cleaning and stuff.

I'll keep y'all updated. Consider no news to be good news.

Floppy's underside is just covered in poo (almost like diaherrea) and smells HORRIBLE and I thought I might have seen some mucus. I need to check everyone else.

He could've gotten into the calf manna and overeaten from it - that would give him diaherrea. Its the smell that bugs me - trying to figure out if it could be cocci.

I am about to check every single baby from the older litter as I let them out to play.

They're 8 weeks old...I didn't want this to happen. I wanted to be past the worst of any weaning problems.

I'm going to the forum library to read on cocci again - thinking Benebac is gonna be a good idea (after a bath) and trying to decide for sure what this is.

I know that a rabbit that takes in a lot of calf manna can have poops that STINK really bad. It cold just be that he overate some and got sick (we tried to get it all where they couldn't get to it during playtime but they can be pretty creative).

I'll update on the girls in a bit - I'm just sick at heart right now.

Just a short note - I've been going "farmville crazy"...if any of y'all are on Facebook and play farmville - drop me a pm so we can add each other as neighbors? I'm not the best neighbor because I'm getting so many now that I can't gift everyday or fertilize all the time - but I do help with barn raisings and chicken coop expansions and stuff.

A couple of quick updates.

The two girls with breathing problems seem to be doing better.

Floppy...turns out to be a girl. I really think she's not going to make it...but I'm fighting for her life. She's got mucus and diaherrea and she's very depressed. She's staying with Athena just in case Athena can pull her through.

And as for me...I think I forgot what it means to "take it easy".

I did a GameStop mystery shop today (computer game store) - I wound up picking up two Time Warner Cable shops tomorrow - plus I picked up a Quizno's shop on Tuesday. (Other than the other day - I haven't shopped much in a while and had cut back on it - only did a few easy things here and there).

Oh well....all of these together will equal..um...$30 for last week, $18 for each Time Warner Cable so that brings me to $66, $13.50 for the Quizno's (up to that amount - $5 for shop plus up to $8.50 reimbursement for meal) - so that puts me at almost $80...plus $12 for the GameStop ($7 for report plus up to $5 for reimbursement).

Not bad I guess...and sorta fun...maybe.

Well - I'm off to do my report and off to bed....praying for Floppy - at this point I've done what I can for the night...now its up to Athena and Floppy. I'm hoping Athena still has enough milk (she has some) that she can pull Floppy through this.

If not - its not Athena's fault - this is just something that can happen when you wean - no matter how much you try to avoid it.

The more I read information and look at the bunny and mucus and stuff - I don't believe this is cocci at all - I believe this is m.e. (mucoid enteritis).

I just made up homemade pedialyte for Floppy and got 10 cc in her. I also gave her some pumpkin mixture with probios powder in it a bit earlier - in order to get her bowels a bit more stable. Probably shouldn't have done that - but felt it was worth a try.

I put a bowl of the homemade pedialyte in the cage with her - she's not in with mama after all since Mama has BREEDING on her mind and went after Sophia earlier to try and breed with her. So she's in a cage beside mama so they can see each other and I'm hoping that will encourage her.

She also has hay to much on and I spritzed it with the pedialyte stuff a bit.

When I put the bowl down - she went and took some sips out of it.

I'm really hoping she pulls through - even if she was one that I was planning to let go as a pet.

And with that - I'm FINALLY off to bed...I hope.

Floppy is still with us....but I am sure that she won't make it. I can see it in her eyes - she's giving up.

The hardest thing is - she'd just started holding her ears upright too.

Times like this make me kick myself for wanting to breed.

With that said - I had felt for a couple of weeks that maybe something wasn't quite right with Floppy as she wasn't thriving as well as the others. But I kept hoping...

At this point I lean towards saying please pray for a peaceful passing...

I won't be home as I HAVE to work today. Robin will be here and Floppy is with her mama right now.

Latest posts

Back