Terrible News!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crystalballl

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I wanted to post a topic here for a friend of mine I met on thissite. Her nickname is f_j. See her Bunny'sBlog here:http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=16409&forum_id=6

She took her two beautiful girls in last night to the vet.They stayed over night for their spay that would take place thismorning. Unfortunately her baby girl Lola passed away whenthey put her under anesthetic. She just stopped breathingwhen they put her under. They decided to wait now to spayPenelope. I've been informed that they are running some teststo see what happened.

Needless to say she is completely heart broken and left me a messagetoday letting me know what happened. So I thought I would puta post so everyone can give their warmest wishes to her and the rest ofher gang. What a terrible loss. Lola will be terriblymissed. :tears2:

Binkey Free, Lola :angel::missyou

(Love,

Crystal, Bandit & Holly)

Oh no! I'm so sorry this happened! f_j you are in my prayers. :pray:

It may not be much of a comfort, but at least Lola can binkie free over the rainbow bridge. :grouphug

Oh God. This is awful news. :bigtears:

Poor f_j. I know how those bunnies mean to her.:cry2

Binky free little one :pray:

Oh f_J....my heart truly goes out to you. I amso, so very sorry to hear this. I cannot say that I know what you aregoing through, as everyone's grief is so individual, but I did have asimilar thing happen just a year ago when I lost my Scooby during aroutine neuter. Same thing happened to him...he stopped breathing underthe anesthetic and the vet couldn't revive him. Upon learning of hispassing, I felt as though a piece of my heart had been torn away.

If ever you need someone to talk to, please feel free to contact me.Sometimes being able to talk with another who has been through the sameexperience can help...if you need a shoulder to cry upon, please don'thesitate. My prayers are with you tonight, and to your sweet Lola. Maythe angels take care of you, little one...

:bigtears:

...and thank you for letting us know, Crystal...

Oh f_j, I'm so sorry about Lola. GivePenelope and Rupert extra love from all of us here and take care ofyourself.

________
Nadia
Misty
Charlie

OH NO! I had some bloodwork done on Bobefore his neuter. It cost like $40 to find out if he couldhandle the anesthesia.

I was so worried eventhough it was fine.

I'm so very sorry that she lost Lola. I know she must be devastated!

Oh, no!! I'm so sorry to hear that, f_j...I hope you're okay...

My love to you and your Penelope...I'm sure she misses her friend. I'm glad they decided to wait.

Oh, sweet Lola...binky free, Hunny...:pinkpansy::bunnyangel::rainbow:

P.S. I'm going to move this to the Rainbow Bridge for you...

Hi everyone,

I lost mybunny on Dec. 1, 2006. She made it throughthe anesthetic okay but afterwards she got really sick. Shelived a week after the surgery. The vet did everything shecould, but we had a necrospy performed and my bunny had heart disease(genetic) and some liver damage as a result of the heart disease.

Is there anyone out there who has some good spay stories totell? I have another bunny and will need to get her spayed ina few months!

This was the first bunny my vet ever lost to spaying, so there must be some successful surgeries out there!

I am so sorry about Lola, and am here if you need me.

Oh no... I'm so sorry. f_j, my heart goes out toyou during this sad time. Binkie free, little Lola, we'llmiss you :rip:

I'm so sorry, f_j. This is absolutely heartbreaking. Binky free, Lola.

:bigtears:

theevenstarlight, I've had three girls spayed with noproblems. Usually with a good vet complications are veryrare, but with the huge number of rabbits belonging to members of thisforum we do see the occasional spay/neuter complication. Mostoften it's from an undiagnosed heart problem, although liver and kidneyproblems do happen too, even in young buns. It's always scarysending any animal into surgery and I hope your new bun does well.

Oh noooo... poor pretty little Lola.

IMG_1152.jpg

And poor Penelope, losing her best friend. :(

IMG_1256.jpg

:rip: Lola... You were loved so much andwill be missed.

So sorry F_J... :sad:

f_j....we're so very sorry about poorLola.....know that you gave her love and that she is waiting at therainbow....binky free little Lola....:bigtears::pray:for you and therest of your bunny family.....Pumpkin, Whiskers and me

Back