Terrible News!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would like to thank Crystal very much for herpost and everyone for their kind words. To be honest, I amnot doing very well. I have never lost a pet to anything butold age before, so this is extremely difficult to accept.Lola did have blood work done on Monday night, and it came back fine,so I just can't believe this has happened. I know I intendedto do what was best for her, but I can't help but feel horribly guilty.

If any bunny did not deserve her life cut short, it was Lola.Lola was literally the kindest, sweetest bunny I have evermet. She was never aggressive, feisty or moody.There was nothing but good in her. I could always count onher giving bunny kisses when I approached her cage. She lovedPenelope unconditionally, even when Penelope began to gethormonal. One of her favourite things to do was rip upnewspaper in her nestbox. She loved it when I gave her afresh piece to shred, and always seemed very proud of herwork. She loved to eat, we called her our littlepiglet. Her binkies were so cute and always made ussmile. I still remember when she was a baby, she got into somuch mischief without even realizing it. She was soinnocent. I can tell Penelope misses her and feelsvery lonely, and I just feel so helpless.

I love you Lola and I will miss you everyday.

IMG_1078.jpg

IMG_1256.jpg

I'm so sorry about your loss. I haven't lost any this way - but I have lost rabbits and I know it hurts.

Please know that you were trying to do the responsible thing as a bunnymama and you had the best of intentions. She knew she was loved.

Peg

Oh, I am so very sorry about Lola. She was such a beautiful and sweet girl.

My heart just goes out to you.

I hate to ask, but did Penelope get a chance to say goodbye to Lola?

Snuggys Mom wrote:
Oh, I am so very sorry about Lola. She was such abeautiful and sweet girl.

My heart just goes out to you.

I hate to ask, but did Penelope get a chance to say goodbye to Lola?

Yes, we requested that the vet let Penelope see Lola so that shewouldn't be searching for her forever. Now that she's home,she doesn't seem to be looking for her, but she seems down. :(

Aww...that was so wonderful for you to do...andwonderful that you thought of it. It seems to help in bondedpairs, though I'm sure she's still mourning, as you are.

I feel for you, Hun...I wish there were something we could say or do to ease the pain...:(

Just know that we all love you and are here for you through this. :pink iris:

f_j wrote:

Yes, we requested that the vet let Penelope see Lola so that shewouldn't be searching for her forever. Now that she's home,she doesn't seem to be looking for her, but she seems down. :(

Thank you so much everyone, it does help to readall of your kind words. I'm just having a lot of troubleaccepting what has happened...it was just such a shock. Ican't even put into words how much I miss my little Lola-bola.

f_j, I really am so sorry. I know that almost nothing can help you at this time. Take the time you need and spend time w/ Pen. I don't understand why such things happen either. Maybe she had to go help another at the bridge, who knows. Maybe that might help.

You are in my thoughts and again, I am so sorry for your loss of Lola Bola.

Binkie free sweetheart! :halo

Crystal

Very sad to hear of your loss :( I have just lost my darling bunny too, and I know how it feels to lose one before their time!

I, too have lost a rabbit in the past in the same way as your darling Lola. I had a rabbit called Ginger who died while under anaesthesia to be neutered. I was utterly devastated when the vet called up and told me he'd died!!

I was terrified getting Little Hoppy Hoppy neutered last year, but he came through all right. Now, we've lost him and I just miss him so much!! I have no more bunnies to snuggle either :(

His buddy, our cat Mushu misses him too. Last night, after we'd put Little Hoppy in a box (ready to be buried today), I found Mushu sniffing and scratching the box. At first I didn't know what he was doing, so I picked up the box, and he kept sniffing where the box had been, and looking around. He also looked under the table, where the two often sat together!!

Hopefully your Pen won't miss her friend too much :(

Fiona

I'm really sorry to heat about your dear Lola... Hope your holding up ok...
Your in our thoughts,

xox Lara:purplepansy::pink iris::pinkpansy:

:sad::imsorry::bigtears:&nbsp<WBR>;my heart aches for you! Im so affraid to take my Nibbles in to be spayed. Oh, I am so so sorry for you.

<WBR><WBR><WBR><WBR><WBR><WBR><WBR><WBR><WBR> Shye

Thanks again everyone. I'm doingbetter now, I just haven't posted because I haven't been ready toreturn to the rabbit forum. We did meet with the vet todiscuss the post-mortem test results, and Lola didn't have anyunderlying health problems. Therefore, it was most likely dueto stress. We had her cremated and she is back with usnow. Penelope is doing well and is back to her old crazy selfagain, which is so nice to see. I really appreciateeveryone's support, it really helped me get through this.

Oh....im so sorry... waxer getting spayed next month i hope she is ok...

Latest posts

Back