Terrible News!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Haley, I'm doing much better,thanks. But Rupert and Penelope are going in for their neuterand spay tomorrow, so I'm sure I'll be a nervous wreck then.I know it is for the best though. Thanks for thinking of us :)

Oh hun, I'll be praying really hard for both ofthem that they come through this okay. Make sure to ask your vet forsome Metacam for Penelope, Rupert might not need it. Its also good tohave some pumpkin on hand in case she wont eat right away.

Sending lots of prayers and good thoughts your way. Keep me posted.

Hey F-J, I had Snuffy spayed last Monday and sheis doing great! The vet had to sedate her before she startedthe general anesthetic because she was really wound up. Maybeyou should ask for that so your other two buns won't be stressed?

Sorry I haven't been able to respond until now. It seems that we just can't catch a break....

We brought Rupert and Penelope in to the vet yesterday, and discoveredthat the receptionist had written them in for the wrong day.She had written them in for the following Thursday. I was sofrustrated because it was very difficult to prepare ourselves to gothrough with this again, and I didn't want to have to take them homeand do it all over again next week. While we were talkingwith the receptionist, someone called to cancel a spay that was bookedfor that day, so she said that we could leave them and that they mightbe able to fit them in because of the cancellation. So wedid. Later on, they called back and said that they didn'twant to rush, so they wanted to wait until this morning to do thesurgeries. We agreed to leave them overnight because wedecided it would be too stressful to bring them back and forth so manytimes. It was a difficult decision, but we made sure theywere in a quiet room and were being checked on throughout the night.

This morning, we received a phone call from the vet saying thatPenelope has a slight head tilt. I couldn't believeit. She said she noticed it yesterday but assumed it wasalways there...but when she checked Penelope's history she saw thatthere was no mention of it. She said she didn't want to gothrough with the surgery until it was treated, because the stress ofthe surgery could make it worse. When we picked her up thisafternoon, we noticed it, but it is very slight. The vet saidit was worse this morning. It is hard to say whether or notshe has always had it, because it is so slight. I am soworried about her. We have some antibiotics and we'll takeher back to the vet next Friday. I just don't want it to getworse.

The good news is that Rupert's neuter went great. He is athome now, eating hay and resting in his cage. Thankgoodness.

Anyway, thanks for keeping my babies in your thoughts. I'llkeep you updated and hopefully it will be good news. Pleasesend good thoughts for Penelope.

Wow. I can empathize. I lost my first girl to spaying, and now my boy might have Pasteruella.

It's really good that you caught the head tilt right away. Alot of rabbits can lead normal lives with it and some make a fullrecovery.

You're in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us updated.

Did they check her ears? If its just showing up it could be a slight ear infection.

I'll be praying for your girl. And Im so glad Rupert's went well!

Sooo pleased for you that Rupert's neuter went well!!:hug1

Sending lots of good (((((((((((VIBES))))))))))))) to Penelope, hope she's ok!:pray:

And hugs for you of course:hug:

Thanks everyone! Haley, I think thatthe vet gave us Baytril in order to clear up any sort of ear infectionif that is the cause...I really hope that it does the trick, I hate thethought of seeing this head tilt get worse.

Latest posts

Back