Tattoos?

Discussion in 'The Rabbitry and Show Room' started by U.P. Rabbitry, Jan 27, 2020.

Help Support Rabbits Online by donating:

1. Jan 27, 2020 #1

U.P. Rabbitry

U.P. Rabbitry

U.P. Rabbitry

I tattooed my rabbits 2 weeks ago and will be going to a show in 2 weeks from now! When will the ink start to scab off? Will the be ready for the show? And can I wash the ear with alcohol to got the ink off or is it to early?

Thanks

2. Jan 27, 2020 #2

SableSteel

SableSteel

SableSteel

Did you use a clamp or pen tattoo? I'd advise just not messing with it. If there's still extra ink the morning of the show you can wash it off then (if you used a clamp tattoo). Try using just a damp paper towel first. If you used a pen tattoo there shouldn't be much extra ink. I usually tattoo mine the morning of the show (I use a tattoo pen; for reference).

3. Jan 27, 2020 #3

U.P. Rabbitry

U.P. Rabbitry

U.P. Rabbitry

I used the clamp not a pen! My worry is that I tattooed whit Lion Heads with the clamp and green ink, I don't want to go to a show with Ruby Eyed White green ear rabbit!?! LOL!

Thanks for the advice!

4. Jan 27, 2020 #4

SableSteel

SableSteel

SableSteel

That's exactly why I use green ink lol (I have Himalayans). If you used green ink, it should be pretty obvious that it's just ink (versus black ink).

Draft saved Draft deleted