Tasmanian Devil and Ruby!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me, Ellie picked a spot in my floor that she wanted to potty in, that's where i put her litter box. She has done pretty well with itshe did have one pee accident today. Other than getting them spayed, i don't think they'll ever be 100% litter trained. There will always be stray poops and the occasional pee. I would just have as many litter boxes as she will use. Make sure you put lots of hay in them too. That way she'll be prompted to eat hay and poop. I think that why Ellie is so good, because she loves hay and its only in her litter boxes.
It will probably take her a few days to get used living in the room along with her cage, so she may poop mark a bit but hopefully it will die down. As for chewing, i think getting your cords covered or blocked will help. Other than that, you need to find out what she likes to chew, if she likes to chew.

Thanks! Yes, I always stuff her litter boxes with hay, which helps a great deal. I'm rebuilding the NIC cage for her, so it'll be a little smaller, but probably taller. She LOVES to run around the room, and so far, as she's been out for a little while supervised, I haven't seen any poop or pee yet, so I'm hoping she'll keep going in her litterbox!

I'm glad Ruby has turned out to be a good house rabbit for you. I feel bad for little Taz, but I'm sure it's really hard to deal with her being so messy.

I feel so bad for Taz too, but maybe she would do better outside, with lots of exercise. The smell is horrible in her cage, so people don't want to go into the room with the bunnies. :(

So... I haven't updated in awhile! I think this blog is starting to...flop :)
All the bunnies are great! I have noticed this weird thing with Ruby though... I put a pet bed in her cae to see what she would do with it, and she tears at it a little, but she doesn't poop or pee in it, thankfully. But, she had this extra litterbox at the back of her cage that she used to sleep in, and her other litterbox and the front was the one she used to pee and poop. Ever since I gave her the pet bed, she's been dragging the sleeping litterbox out to the center of her cage :confused:
As long as she keeps up her perfect litter habits, I'm fine :D
As for Taz, she's been pooping and peeing on one side of the smaller cage, which is a good thing, right? I'm hesitant to put a litterbox in there for fear that she won't use it, and just drag it around :rollseyes:

Cocoa and Pockets are great too :) We're saving up for REALLY nice hutches for them (and Taz once she moves out there). I had a question though: we all know that moving an indoor rabbit outdoors in the middle of winter will ultimately lead to death since they aren't used to the climate, but what if you brought an outdoor rabbit, who is used to the cold, inside. Would it have any effect on them? I was thinking about it, and it made me curious :)

Latest posts

Back