Tasmanian Devil and Ruby!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, the new software threw me off a little; I thought they said no to use photobucket..? Anyway, I'll try again! nope, didn't work :( I keep clicking the little paper clip, downloading the images, and then when I push the "upload" icon it doesn't work! My iphoto isn't the problem, it's that little paper clip icon on here :( I'll try photobucket

Test picture:
GEDC2440_zpse0e34468.jpg

Haha! It worked! Get ready for more pictures! (And do excuse the droppings in the cage, these pics were taken before I cleaned it out!) These are all pics of Ruby:
GEDC2291_zps138a76d8.jpg
GEDC2286_zps3377f261.jpg
GEDC2314_zpsb5074e4a.jpg

GEDC2331_zpscd037d7b.jpg
GEDC2350_zps8c35b370.jpg
GEDC2358_zpsb669d6dd.jpg
GEDC2369_zps3e3b644e.jpg
GEDC2372_zps55964dc9.jpg
GEDC2379_zpsc1647912.jpg
GEDC2383_zps42383c7f.jpg

More pics! This time, i have some of Taz as well; (she's hard to photograph, so not as many pics of her as Ruby!) :)

GEDC2444_zps089584b7.jpg
This was the grass cave Taz has. as you can see, it's taken a beating!

GEDC2443_zps3fa88bbb.jpg
---- hay roller thing Taz adores!

GEDC2434_zps02208b69.jpg
--this is a good view of their cage. sorry about the mess, i literally took a ton of pics, and then cleaned the cage :rollseyes

GEDC2432_zpsfab132c1.jpg
--pretty Taz! Geez, as i look at these pics, there are a LOT of droppings! :p

GEDC2431_zps85026c42.jpg
---grooming through the bars

GEDC2429_zps4a7d058a.jpg
---a good view of the divider

GEDC2413_zpsde2e7cef.jpg
---Tazzie exploring the room!

UGH I'm so mad about 10 picture limit! I had 18 pics in this post and had to delete them :(

Just post the rest of the pictures in more posts!

They are so cute! Oh wow. I LOVE love love the picture of Ruby laying in her litter/hay box with her little leg out! I awwwed out loud at that one.
MORE PICTURES!

good god, that's a lot of poop! man, am I glad I got my girls spayed. their stuff used to look like that, too... it's SO much better now!

they're adorable... and that's a HUGE cage - looks great :D

Thanks! Yes, I want to get them spayed when they're old enough! The pic you loved morgan was what my mom saw when she thought Ruby was dead :p

More pictures to come, although I might end up repeating some on accident :)

GEDC2445_zpsa4908445.jpg
---Grass cave that Tazzie destroyed! She loves it though :)

GEDC2443_zps3fa88bbb.jpg
--- hay roller Taz adores!

GEDC2412_zps128618f5.jpg
---this is the clip we use for the cage doors

GEDC2411_zpsc7cf025a.jpg

GEDC2409_zpsd7739492.jpg

GEDC2401_zpsb7394068.jpg

GEDC2400_zpsd6487d06.jpg

GEDC2398_zps5c27f3ab.jpg

Jennifer: Yeah, sorry about the poop! We clean their cages every day, so that just happened to be before I cleaned it!:eek:

I love your pictures!!! It's fun to see your cage setup and your buns. They both look really happy :) Yes, rabbits can be messy little critters when they want to be. I have an idea that might help cut down on your buns leaving their poops everywhere, so much. It's something that worked with my rabbit, Baby. She used to have a corner litter box. She was driving me crazy cause she would dig the litter out of it, she would pee on the floor of her cage instead of her litter box, and she was leaving her poops all over her cage. It was always a big mess to clean up. So I went to walmart and got a rectangle kitty litter box that is about 14x19. I put in a layer of litter that is thicker at the back part of the litter box where she usually pees, and toward the front of the litter box I put some hay for her. I also moved the litter box to the corner where there is a divider between her and another one of my rabbits. It's worked wonderfully. She never pees outside of the litterbox now, and there are hardly ever any poops outside of it either. She has to sit in the litter box to eat her hay so that helps keep almost all of her poops in the box. I think it has also helped with any territorial marking by placing the litter box by the divider between the two cages. So if you can afford to get two new litter boxes, then it may help your buns with being a little less messy. I think I paid about $7 for mine. You'll want to make sure the one you get is only 14 inches wide so that it will fit in the cubby hole where your litter boxes are now. You may be able to get the same one I got. It should fit in that space fine. By the way, your Ruby looks a lot like my Baby, but Baby is a hotot/lionhead mix. And yes, Baby likes to nap in hers too, on top of her soft hay pile :)

IMAG0879-1.jpg

Last edited:
That litter box set up is the same I used for Foo. She started going in the box a lot more when I did it like that, then I put the grate on top of it and she peed in it 100% of the time and poop was about 80%, which was pretty good.
Taz is so cute!

Aww Jenny, Baby is so pretty. You're right Ruby and Baby look similar! They're both so adorable.

Aww, Baby is precious! Yes, we were planning on buying 2 more rectangle litterboxes per rabbit, so to increase chances on them going in there! Ruby is really good about peeing in the litterbox, but is starting to get 'sloppy' with her poops :) Taz is...at this point... hopeless! Haha, hopefully she'll get better with more than one litterbox in the cage!
Thanks guys! I'll post the last of my pics later! :)

Last of the pictures: (I don't THINK I repeated any picture, but tell me if I did!)

GEDC2430_zpsbb6b6349.jpg

GEDC2417_zps8a7afff6.jpg

GEDC2415_zpsae26f38b.jpg

GEDC2397_zps5d081f0f.jpg
---I let Taz out, and she was checking out Ruby's half of the cage.

GEDC2392_zps8c84e19a.jpg

GEDC2393_zps14911a97.jpg
---I took this cardboard box (I replace it once its dirty) and put tons of hay in it, and put it on Ruby's top level, and she LOVES it! She uses it as a litterbox when she's on the top level, so I have to get rid of the box and replace it often.

GEDC2390_zpsb0f0e05c.jpg
---Taz checking out my printer :)

GEDC2389_zpsdbed6bbf.jpg

GEDC2386_zps71a9b881.jpg

They're both so cute. I love Taz's single mane, its really cute!

Ruby is adorable! Is she small? I know she's a hotot but, she looks kind of big to me. That could just be the picture. You know, the camera adds 10 lbs. lol

Haha yeah! :) Ruby's pretty small, she's thinner in body structure than Taz, but I haven't weighed her yet. She's a tiny thing though :) The pics do make her look much bigger than she is; when the breeder I got her from sent me pics of her before I got her, I thought she looked huge! But, then, I got her, and I was surprised at how small she was!

Last edited:
New update: ( this is sent from my iPad so excuse any mistakes :D ) we did this thing to Taz and Ruby's cage to keep poop ffrom falling out the back... We put cardboard around the back, but we also folded it at the bottom and tucked part of it under the cage so that the poop would hopefully stay in the cage. Opinions?

Taz and Ruby are still great! They groom each other through the divider a lot now. One thing I want to do with them is teach them tricks. Anyone have ideas for tricks, or even easy agility?

I think putting the cardboard on the back of the cage is a great idea! That will help out a lot I'm sure!

Awww, how sweet are they to groom each other through the bars! I bet thats adorable.

I don't know much about tricks or agility. I would take it easy on Taz though, since she had a leg injury. And they're still babies so you don't want to push them too hard. There is an agility group on here, you could ask them questions!

Latest posts

Back