Tank Train Leaves Tomorrow!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a punkin! She looks so happy, Naturestee. You're an excellent foster mom - as is Mr. Stee.

:star:

-Carolyn

Awww, I'm glad has settled in so wellfor her stay. She is a gorgeous girl. I just love that dewlap, it'shuge. She is definitely in good hands.

Tina

She is absolutely gorgeous! I think its such a great thing what you all are doing.

naturestee wrote:
More pics you say? Here's Tank playing MarthaStewart, trying to remodel her cage. She's so funny when shedigs and chews at it. She doesn't seem to do it really hard,but she does try.:p And I haven't seen her touch her toys atall. I guess wire beats apple sticks for her.

ehcjt2.jpg

ehcjuq.jpg

Can I laugh now? Really, REALLY hard? ohhh boy, is this familiar!!!!!

lololololololol

have fun, folks!!!:p

Rose

P.S. Can anyone say, like momma like boy?

7970149e.jpg

Ha, I was thinking the same thinglooking at Tank with her mouth on the cage wire. Now you knowwhere Bub gets it from.

She is a gorgeous girl that Tank!

Looking at them pictures hasme rethinking the cage designs I have ,maybe 16 ga. wire is needed lol.

at least with all that girl has been through herTeeth are in excellent shape ! howawesome!

Tank update. The tankster is doingfine and slowly becoming a tad friendlier. I was ableto pet her from face to butt while she was sitting at the cage openinga couple times, but then she thought twice about that and backedup. She does perk up expectantly whenever we come in theroom.

I tried to take a look at the abcecus and it might(?) be filling alittle. Not sure cause whenever I get my face close she tucksher chin in. (let me see already tank!). I did bribe her theother day with greens to pick up her chin then took pictures (below isthe best). The silly bunny just chinned the cilantro ratherthen eating it. I guess it makes good perfume, LOL.

Glad to hear it's going well, Mr. Stee. :sunshine:

Keep up the good work!

-Carolyn

OK I dida huge blow up of that spotunder her chin , it actually looks like aBot hole , If you can get her to pick up her chinonce again try squirting in some Peroxide , with asirynge if possible , use caution if you try toactually to peroxide it , I dont want you getting injured .

Pam can You save ato pictures and blow it up using the Magnifier and see what you think?

Could be a bot, but also a common spot for anabscess. We've had good luck slicing the abscesses open anddousing them with penn g (as long as the infection has not invaded thebone).

Pam

Remember the thing popped once before, so itcould just be the hole from that? She may have scratched the scab open.I'm amazed you got the pic!

I warn ya, I tried the peroxide and 'bout got myself run over.:shock:It SO didn't work. hehe

I noticed that Bub's bot sores took ages to heal, and the fur stillis coming in.

Rose

P.S. my thought is abcess, just because I saw it when it had just popped. But I could be wrong!

Everyone is so nice to help Tank get home to hernew home safely. I hope its nothing too bad on herchin. The pictures of her are so cute.

Cristy

rabbitgirl wrote:
Remember the thing popped once before, so it could just bethe hole from that? She may have scratched the scab open. I'm amazedyou got the pic!

I warn ya, I tried the peroxide and 'bout got myself run over.:shock:It SO didn't work. hehe

I noticed that Bub's bot sores took ages to heal, and the fur stillis coming in.

Rose

P.S. my thought is abcess, just because I saw it when it had just popped. But I could be wrong!
I remember when itpopped, but was wondering even thenabout Bot, but ya never know. Ican see it now I am going tohave toihave Shadow taking pictures of the firstwrestling match between Tank andMyself , Im big, butIhave the feeling theMedusa of the rabbit wrestlingworld just may win this particular fight!:muscleman:

We will try to squirt some peroxide on it usingthe bait technique again tomarrow (can't tonight, naturestee has to goto work in less then an hour and we want to tag team her) unless we aretold other wise by that time. Gypsy, it is your bunny so youhave complete say in what to do and we will try to complete your wishes(Just look at how high we can hop :p *hop* *hop* *hop*). Iwill try to picture it again before hand to give you a running tally.

James

OHHHH I LOVE the referenceto the Eagles Song Witchy Woman !Thanks ever so much fornoticing and the compliment !,

Seriously If you want to try and get theperoxide in there JUST BE careful ! , Iwould prefer safety over tragedy . I dont wantto see either You or Naturesteegetting hurt .

I have just been labeled "Property of Tank".

I went to refill her water bowl. When I opened her cage sheimmediately began poking her head out like she wanted out, so I let herroam for a bit in the bathroom. Since she was poking around,I decided to lay down on the floor to see the absess. Sheslowly approached my head, then sat there sniffing my face for nearly aminute (her whiskers tickle, hehe), then chinned my nose andimmediately ran back to her cage. How can you say any bunnyis a terror that is willing to chin your nose:p.

*edit* spelling error

Tank is a little nutcase.:pSounds likeshe's showing you the REAL Tank--obnoxious, moody, touchy, butunexpectedly sweet.

Very cool.:)

Rose

When we went in to feed tank this morning, we noticed a significant swelling on the right half of her dewlap.

ejai5y.jpg

ejai6s.jpg

If you will let us, we would like to set up a vet appointment to getthis checked out by our vet (he is a good one). I am thinkingthe infection is starting to get deeper.

maybe just watchit for a fewdays and see what happens , Idid say go ahead but on looking at it in blow upagain Im thinking it isnt abigproblem right now. only 9 moredays if something more serious s hould arisetho keep us informed , I hadforgotten I cant technically autherize aVet yet , I keep forgetting until sheactually gets here She isnt " technically mine" She is Roses and all has togothrough Rose first

Is it a squishy lump or just poofy skin? Becausethat dewlap is lopsided anyway. What it is, most likely, is that abcessis filling again. My friend said that could happen. That's where it wasbefore--it filled most of her dewlap and was slightly smaller than myfist. How big is the actual lump now? Try the oatmeal trick (she'll letyou touch it then).

Rose

Back