Tail of a Fuzzy Bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, I'm sure if there was an eraser down at his level, it would have met an untimely demise. ;)

I don't think I mentionod, but before I went back to bed that night, I did put up every single remote control, tuck in every chair, and closed the doors on the computer armoire. Paranoid much? :p

Rue

funnybunnymummy wrote:
Oh, I'm sure if there was an eraser down at his level, it would have met an untimely demise. ;)

I don't think I mentionod, but before I went back to bed that night, I did put up every single remote control, tuck in every chair, and closed the doors on the computer armoire. Paranoid much? :p

Rue
Very smart of you. I don't think I'll ever leave mine free range again when I sleep. They have too much bunny "fun". :biggrin2:

Well, Gus won't be free-ranging at night for a while. He's being a little turd lately, chewing stuff, digging the carpets, nudging and nipping. Not too sure what's going on with him, but I know he had some gas there last week. Bad bunny mummy gave him too much cauliflower and green grapes. :baghead

Anyway, he's learned a new trick, which I really must get on video! He tends to leave a little sticky mess behind on the floor whenever I give him a treat (say a piece of fruit or a chunk of carrot), so I've been taking his treat away and putting it in his dish on his mat. Well, the last few days, if I give him the treat, he'll carry it right over to the mat himself before he starts eating! So clever!

Yesterday, I gave him a leaf of romaine lettuce (what can I say? He was nudging my ankles and biting my pant legs and I gave in... :p) and he ran to the mat, carrying his lettuce. It was so funny because the leaf was huge and he was practically tripping over it as he was running. Plus he had to get in a few foot flicks, so that just about tripped him up too!

Silly rabbit. :rollseyes

Rue

funnybunnymummy wrote:
Well, Gus won't be free-ranging at night for a while. He's being a little turd lately, chewing stuff, digging the carpets, nudging and nipping. Not too sure what's going on with him, but I know he had some gas there last week. Bad bunny mummy gave him too much cauliflower and green grapes. :baghead

Anyway, he's learned a new trick, which I really must get on video! He tends to leave a little sticky mess behind on the floor whenever I give him a treat (say a piece of fruit or a chunk of carrot), so I've been taking his treat away and putting it in his dish on his mat. Well, the last few days, if I give him the treat, he'll carry it right over to the mat himself before he starts eating! So clever!

Yesterday, I gave him a leaf of romaine lettuce (what can I say? He was nudging my ankles and biting my pant legs and I gave in... :p) and he ran to the mat, carrying his lettuce. It was so funny because the leaf was huge and he was practically tripping over it as he was running. Plus he had to get in a few foot flicks, so that just about tripped him up too!

Silly rabbit. :rollseyes

Rue

I can just picture this.... :biggrin:

It's odd... during the day, I have no trouble leaving my rabbits at home, out of their pen, and they seem just fine. Not at night, though, clearly. They're little gremlins!

Bonkers does the same thing with his treats, I'll give him his banana slice inside, he grabs it and runs outside to eat it. He can never stay inside for more that 20 minutes!

Aw, thanks Jj!

Michelle: I'll for sure try to get him on video! It's just too cute not to!

Piperknits: bunnies are DEFINITELY naughtier at night. Around about 10-11 p.m. I've noticed Gus's naughty streak really starts to show. :p

Bonkers: Gus is jealous! He isn't allowed outside much at our new house. The backyard is a giant mud pit. :p

Wow, I can't believe how long it's been since I've been online! My computer died in early December and I FINALLY got a replacement this week!

Anyway, updates on Gus:

He's doing just great. The medication the vet prescribed seems to be doing it's job and Gus has been dribble-free for months. He's also settled into our new routine here at our new house. He still has his grumpy days and his naughty days, but overall his behaviour has been really good. :)

I highly recommend the mat setup we have for him for housebunnies with a territorial streak (AKA need to mark their territory with poop! :p). There has been no poops rolling around on our laminate floors for a couple months now. He's even stopped leaving so many on his mat. Plus the mat also helps corral any shedding hair.

Yes, he is still the Incredible Moulting Rabbit. :rollseyes I think that has to do with his kidneys or the medication and it's just something we'll have to live with. Anyway, I went out and finally found a pumice stone (sold at the tack & feed as a "grooming block" for horses) and OMG! does it work well for getting all those loose hairs off! Especially for a bunny who HATES to be brushed! I've tried quite a few different brushes and grooming tools over the two years we've had him and none have worked so well or so quickly! Totally worth the $7 I spent on it! :D

We had snow a week ago and took Gus out on his leash in it. He had a lot of fun hopping through it, pushing it around in his snowplow bunny routine, and eating it. He left the cutest little bunny footprints all through the gardens. :bunnyheart The neighbours were quite enamoured with him, of course. But then some people let their German Shepherd out unleashed and we beat a hasty retreat to the house before anything bad could happen. :(

I took a few pics, but haven't uploaded them. Will get on that soon. ;)

*gasp* Wow, how did you live that long without a computer?! :p
Glad Gus is better now; and ooh, that's interesting about the pumice; we have one here, so I might try that, come next moult.

Can't wait for the pics. :)

So you got the snow too? Pemby loved it and am looking forward to these pictures!!!!
Snow bunnies are the best combination ever. Except for mint and chocolate..
Glad to hear all is well!
Jj

Can't wait to see pics of Gus in the snow. Wanted to get my boys out to experience the "white stuff" but unfortunately not a lot of snow, just rain.

BTW, thanks for the awesome work done on the library here. Have found plenty of useful info to help me learn as much as I can about rabbits.

K :)

Wow. Am I a bad bunny mummy. Over a year-and-a-half since I've updated this! (In my defense I have been so busy with work!)

So updates on Gus:

1) He is no longer suffering with kidney failure. How or why is a mystery. He's been off the meds since December 2012 and seems as happy and healthy as ever.

2) Gus got a girlfriend!!!! Yes, you read that right!!!! So meet Pepper Piglet Fuzzy Bunny (Piglet because she loves her food--almost more than Gus if you can believe it!).

13854_10153270830775506_111588575_n.jpg

She's a two-year-old (or thereabouts) Mini Lop cross (we think with Lionhead, but could be wrong).

Sharing (okay, let's be honest: HOGGING!) cilantro with Gus:

1186695_10153272519605506_430445455_n.jpg

She came home with us Tuesday and they have got along amazingly. No fighting ever. They're already sharing a cage.

This is me:

:bunnydance: :bunnydance: :bunnydance: :bunnydance:

Rue

Thanks! It's a total fluke that they ended up matching colour-wise. All we wanted was a bunny that got along with Gus (and had good litter habits and wasn't destructive). We'd have been happy with any colour, but I'm happy we got such a cutie-pie. :)

Rue

Back