Tail of a Fuzzy Bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, you ever need a bunnysitter again, you know I'm game. Hehe! ;)

Yup, hubby finally relented. And I think Miss Pepper may win his heart. She's still a bit skittish, but so much more cuddly than Gus. She actually sat on his lap on the couch and let him pet her. :)

Gus and Pepper are still working it out (it's only been four days), but they're getting more affectionate with each other.

Here they are cuddling after breakfast today (sorry about the red-eye!):

1381271_10153278751880506_244586499_n.jpg

Hanging out in Gus's favourite spot under the chair:

1375644_10153273976435506_1459925550_n.jpg

Chasing down raisins (I think she got the most!):
1240127_10153275649090506_976911102_n.jpg

He was grooming her last night, but I didn't have my camera handy (of course!).

Rue

Just read through this from start to finish and absolutely loved it. Gus is such a handsome little fellow, missed most of the photos as they´re not showing but saw the first few pages and the new ones with his lady friend. They so suit each other and I hope they´ll be tying the knot fairly soon and be officially bonded. I have to tell you that after all the bad news on here lately, I was so relieved to see Gus has recovered and is now off his meds. I can tell you it made me grin from ear to ear.

I´ll now be watching this space for more news on Gus and Mrs Gus lol :love::biggrin2:

Thanks, Chris!

Gus was grooming Pepper this afternoon, so I think they're officially married. :)

I just checked my old blog posts and, alas, most of the pictures seem to have disappeared (I'm guessing with the move) and I no longer have my Super Moderator privileges to fix them. :(

If anyone wants to look through my Gus album, you can find it on my FB page here:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.278084110505.315551.779545505&type=1&l=928336c0c7

And here's the album from bunnysitting Watermelons' pair, Loki and Lily:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150915268045506.760093.779545505&type=1&l=5694e74b4a

And here's a few other images not in either album:

For months he'd been chewing the spines of the books on the bottom shelf, so we finally moved them up. His response? "Well about time! I want this spot for napping." :p
248009_10152789843310506_981983513_n.jpg

To get my attention, he'd hop up on this chair and start digging and biting the fabric. So I put a newspaper on top to discourage him. Yeah . . . :p
1016655_10152907826670506_1259237892_n.jpg

Guarding the warm.
559008_10152732772760506_285319707_n.jpg

This WAS hubby's chair. At least for 48 hours . . .
302205_10150960876820506_493298043_n.jpg

Jumbo carrots. Gus approves.
150151_10151514490130506_927875943_n.jpg

Rue

He´s just so handsome, great colouring.

Mine dig on the dining room chairs so they all have towels over them and they dig at those. I have a phone book and an Ikea catalogue on my small pouf in the living room and that chair...almost brought a tear to my eye. It´s exactly the same chair and same colour as the one I bought for my dad so he had somewhere to sit when he came to stay with me as the sofa was too low. Many a happy memory I have of him sitting in that chair. I really regret getting rid of it after he left us but it just made me smile looking at it and with Gus sitting there. My dad would have laughed at that pic.

He looks so funny where he´s sitting on the shelf almost saying "hey, what you looking at" lol.

I´ll look at the albums, I never tire of seeing bunny pics:D

Ahh, so excited to see you updating your blog! I missed Gus updates :) And he's got a girly now, that is so exciting!

Also very glad that his kidney problems seem to be no longer problems!

Haha you can take them any time you want them :p Let Gus give em a little bop on the nose again.
I still cant get over how small my 2 are in comparison to Gus... I always look at my guys and go... "You're so not small bunnies..." and then picture everyone elses rabbits about their size.

Love the one of him in front of the fireplace.

I think the only bunny I've met that's been bigger than Gus has been Mikey the Flemish Giant. ;)

He sits like that in front of the fireplace all the time. His favourite spot is still under the chair, but that's his second favourite spot. I was a bit worried bringing Pepper home how he'd be with sharing his spots, but he's been sooo good. He seems SO happy to have a friend.

Kipcha, I notice Ty passed away this spring. I'm so sorry. He was an awesome rabbit. But you guys gave him an wonderful loving home and it's clear he loved you guys as much as you loved him.

Chris, I think that about sums up his expression. He was totally like, "What? You have a problem with me claiming your shelf?" :rofl:

Okay, so I'm not sure if this is viewable as my son posted it on his FB page, but here's a video of Gus grooming Pepper:

https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=1453578148199869

They've been grooming and cuddling all morning. :)

Rue

Thank you, it was a very hard decision to make with Ty but it was definitely time :( I am extremely glad that Gus did not go through the same thing.

Those pics are so adorable! They are such an absoloutley adorable pair!

Lovely photos of a lovely couple. They are just soooo cute together hiding and snuggling under the chair. They are soooo in love lol.

Thanks, guys. :)

Not much to update. They spend a lot of time snuggling, grooming, and just being together. Last night they were playing, which was super-cute to watch. They were basically doing laps around the loveseat. They'd take turns running into the living room and binkying on the carpet. So cute and funny to watch. :)

Pepper is sooo good. I was always worried getting a second rabbit, we might end up with a major chewer or a bunny with bad litter box habits. But she's really been perfect. :)

Here's another pic of them snuggling (sorry it's a bit blurry. iPhone photo. :p):

1380316_10153288436400506_1431440273_n.jpg

Rue

Pepper has discovered the stairs are fun to play on. She spent most of this morning going down, then running back up as fast as she could. Then going down and running back up again. Gus had to see what was going on (he usually never bothers with the stairs unless he's going down to his cage) and he ran up and down them a few times, too, before deciding he was done and needed a nap. Lazy bunny! ;)

1375202_10153295743435506_396817782_n.jpg

Rue

Hay runs are always fun days. We buy so much, it's crazy. We bought 40 bales between us bunny people last time (We took 20, we go through a 2 string square bale a month) but it makes the bunnies happy! Gus and Pepper will be pleased :)

I think they are! :) When we got home, I stuffed their hay rack full and both of them decided they wanted to stay in their cage and nom the yummy hay instead of coming back upstairs with us (they go in their cage pretty much whenever I go out--sometimes they get to stay out if it's only a few minutes, but over an hour and I feel better about them going into their cage. ;) ).

I couldn't imagine buying 20 bales! We barely have space for just one! (I'm thinking a second bin to store the rest of the hay may be in order! Plus I'll be donating some for sure to the SPCA and some friends who have a chinchilla.)

Rue

Last edited:
Heyy haven't seen you around in a long time! Glad to hear Gus is well again, and yay for a girlfriend! Reuben has one too, now; but she doesn't match. She's little and grey.

haha I'm getting guilty of it myself. Too much study. :( Reuben and Nermal have their own blog now; I haven't updated in a few weeks, and can't be bothered linking, but it's in here somewhere! Yep, I'm afraid Reuben's moobs are as mooby as ever...

Good to see you on again. :) And nice to hear about the bunnies. I think its so funny and cute that Pepper likes to race up and down the stairs, she must get good exercise.

Reuben wouldn't be Reuben without his moobs. ;) I'll look for your blog. :)

Thanks for the welcome back, Elise. We're thinking Pepper might make a good agility rabbit. She's got a ton of energy and, man, can she hop! When she binkies she looks like she's flying! And hey, maybe Gus will want to take up hopping again. He seemed to like it at first, but maybe it was just the raisins. :p After a while, he just started going under or around the jumps or pulling down the rails. He's such a lazy boy. ;)

Rue

Latest posts

Back