Tail of a Fuzzy Bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I haven't really come out and said, "I think we should get a girlfriend for Gus." But he did agree it was cute when they snuggled and groomed each and other how Loki would defend Lily, etc.

So I think I've laid some groundwork, at least. I guess the next step is getting him into the SPCA to see all the lonely, unloved bunnies? ;)

Rue

WOW! they really are half his size!!!

I would say, their glad to be home, But i bet their not :p They got free run and treats galore at your place lol

I hope they didn't eat you out of house and home! (I haven't even gone downstairs to see them yet haha)

Well Callie sure missed them. They were bouncing around their cage full force this morning! I think they missed the freedom and getting spoilt.

Had to make sure Kiwi was still here last night and didn't wander off for "babysitting" :p

Hey, they didn't get out *that* much. They got maybe a couple hours a day in the living room. And whenever Lily decided to try snacking on carpet/baseboard/electrical plugs/whatever, they went right back to their pen. :p

Let me know if Kiwi ever needs sitting. ;)

Rue

So, on Friday, I finally went out and bought hubby the Poang chair from IKEA that he's wanted forever.

Yesterday, someone else claimed it:

302205_10150960876820506_779545505_21658743_493298043_n.jpg

:p

Rue

So last night Mr. Gus got to be a free range bunny all night!

We had a horrible windstorm blow through and knock out the power. It was really dark and cold in the basement, so I thought I'd just put him in the entryway with the baby gate up for the night. It's got a slate floor and there'd be nothing for him to chew. I gave him his water bowl, a snack of apple, and his litter box.

Anyway, a little while after I moved him (which was at 1 a.m., I might add :rollseyes) and had crawled back to bed and started to drift off, I heard a crash come from downstairs. Hubby woke up and whispered, "What was that?" Of course, I hadn't told hubby that I'd let Gus out of his cage, so I said, "Oh, it's probably just the wind." and got out of bed to "check" and see what the noise was. I figured Gus was rearranging his litter box or something. Well, I walked into the dining room (in the pitch black, since the power was out) and heard a loud THUMP from under the table! Then another THUMP! And then the click-click-click of nails on the laminate floor!

The little turd had jumped the baby gate!

Well, that put me in a pickle, since I hadn't told hubby Gus was upstairs, but I didn't want to take him back down to the pitch black and cold basement! So I just sat there trying to decide what to do and petting Gus till he fell asleep on his mat.

Then hubby called downstairs asking if everything was okay. I told him it was, I just didn't know what to do with Gus.

Well, after some back and forth, he finally just said, "Just leave him there. He'll just sleep all night."

Which he did. :)

At least till the power came back on and scared him half to death. But it woke me up too, so I came down and checked on him (he was spooked and running around the living room and thumping) and he calmed down and went back to sleep till we got up at 7:30!

Anyway, not sure I'm ready to let him free roam every night, but at least I know he'll be a good boy if we ever need to let him out again.

:clapping:

Rue

Hoooray! Of course Gus jumped the baby gate, why wouldn't he. :rollseyes

Everytime I read about Gus I say it like the little mousey from Cinderella... I just can't help it!

Latest posts

Back