Sweet D Bunny B

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saidinjester

Reaction score
I have so much fun reading everyone's blogs, I figured that Sweet D deserved one too!

Guess I'll start by explaining how this silly little creature came into my life. About a year ago, I moved from Chicago to Little Rock Arkansas. I live with my Brother and Sister-in-Law. They have a cat and I have a cat (Harvey the tripod). I've always loved animals, all shapes and sizes, and have had many throughout the years. Growing up we always had dogs because my dad is allergic to pretty much everything else. I had a big floppy eared bunny as a lil girl named April, but we had to get rid of her because his allergies got so bad.

When I moved in with my Bro and Sis-in-Law, I really wanted to get a dog - but since my Sis-in-Law doesn't like dogs, that was out. Then I thought about getting a bunny. They weren't thrilled at first, but eventually, said they didn't care. My family has close friends that raise rabbits and I asked if they had any pet quality rabbits available. They said they had some Himalayans ready to go. I didn't even know what a Himalayan was at the time. I didn't care what kind it was, I just wanted one!

My sister went for me and to pick one out (They live an hour away). While she was there she sent me pics of the few that were available. They were all cute little white bunnies w/ typical Himalayan markings, except for one. The smallest of the litter was almost solid gray and he just looked so silly compared to his siblings, I knew he was the one for me. I have a thing for ugly duckling types and underdogs, ie: I adopted a 3-legged cat, pretty much just because he had 3 legs! LOL.

So this tiny little thing came home to me and it was love at first sight. It took forever for me to pick a name. Eventually I went with Sweet D (an homage both to his sweet personality and to It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, one of my favorite tv shows). Most of the time, I just call him BunBuns, or something to that effect. His full name is Sweet D Bunny B. The B is for boy. :confused2:

292981_653911250182_73102861_33863697_5104779_n.jpg

Harvey was not so sure... (This was after I'd had him a few weeks)
252047_653163463752_73102861_33855618_2278408_n.jpg

Although the cat is 4x his size, he had no fear!
254703_653163523632_73102861_33855621_1206923_n.jpg

From the start, he was a complete and absolute love bug:
267237_653201577372_73102861_33856087_7855226_n.jpg

Of course, eventually, he shed his gray fur and now, he's a handsome 3 pound, 10 month old boy and I'm even more in love. He makes me laugh constantly, and he's just plain awesome.

He loves bath time:
379486_690520285382_73102861_34100555_876673817_n.jpg

Playing outside:
389631_734230130502_73102861_34265777_1303138759_n.jpg

Snuggle time w/ my little sis:
407429_695110326902_73102861_34124281_2129346481_n-1.jpg

And veggies!
SAM_1264.jpg

More to come soon! Thanks for reading!
2012-03-30_18-08-44_4371.jpg

:heartsJes and Sweet D

Enjoyed reading the start of your blog!

Sweet D was a pretty baby who grew into a Handsome Bunny!

Look forward to reading more about your Sweet D & Harvey.

K:)

You have no idea how much I love your rabbit. He is so AWESOME. He prompted me to google and read up on Himalayans! They are on my "next up!" list.

SO cute and so personable!! More blogging! More pictures!!

:D Woot!!

Samara wrote:
You have no idea how much I love your rabbit. He is so AWESOME. He prompted me to google and read up on Himalayans! They are on my "next up!" list.

SO cute and so personable!! More blogging! More pictures!!

:D Woot!!

Aw, this makes me and D so happy, as we obviously think Himmies are the greatest!!! =) They really are spectacular lil buns!!!

Def more to come from us...
:hearts Jes and Sweet D

He's so cute! Kinda sad he didn't stay gray, though...although his Himmie markings are super cute. I've been hearing a lot of good things about Himmies lately...maybe it's time to start convincing Qtip that she actually doesn't want a Flemmish Giant boyfriend and would rather a Himmie....

I owned a Himalayan named Minnie when I was younger. I loved her to death! They are good pets. :) You're lucky your bun loves snuggles. Mine hate them. I can "hug" Fat Pants, but she won't let me pick her up for the most part lol.

qtipthebun wrote:
He's so cute! Kinda sad he didn't stay gray, though...although his Himmie markings are super cute. I've been hearing a lot of good things about Himmies lately...maybe it's time to start convincing Qtip that she actually doesn't want a Flemmish Giant boyfriend and would rather a Himmie....
Thanks! Sweet D says Qtip would love a Himmie boyfriend! :p

ohbunnies wrote:
I owned a Himalayan named Minnie when I was younger. I loved her to death! They are good pets. :) You're lucky your bun loves snuggles. Mine hate them. I can "hug" Fat Pants, but she won't let me pick her up for the most part lol.
I love that your bunny is named Fat Pants! I think I'd be sad if he didn't like to snuggle. Although, maybe he doesn't like it, but just puts up with it bc I've been forcing him into it since the day I got him, lol. :confused2:

Recently I switched D from a cage to an xpen set up. I'm very happy with it and D seems to love having the extra space. Although he's out when I'm home, it's still nice that he gets more room when he's locked up during the day.

2012-04-26_07-12-34_3031.jpg

2012-04-26_07-13-08_7961.jpg

It looks like a pig sty. I clean it up every other day and he just rearranges things the way he sees fit as if to say, "Hey ma, it's my room and I'll put things where I want them!"

He's obviously a content lil bun.
2012-04-16_18-36-47_5161.jpg

I have this little tub that I keep treats in (ie: lil dried bits of fruit & veg) every time I shake the container, he comes running no matter where he is. Last night it was sitting on my bed and he was trying his darndest to get me to open it up!

"I know what you keep in here lady, open up!"
2012-04-25_19-26-35_721.jpg

This is his, "Hey ma, get that flash outta my face!" face.
2012-04-25_19-22-10_9861.jpg

Did I mention he also loves to chew on my mail?
2012-04-16_19-39-05_6081.jpg

Salad time. I swear, most of the time, he eats better than I do!
2012-04-03_19-35-05_7031.jpg

So, last night, I realized that if most people heard me while I was alone with D, they'd think I was a loon. Here are a few of his nicknames: D, Bunbuns, Bunnsy, Binks, Goober, Goobs, Bunson, Mr. Whiskers, Ears, Bunbun-bunnabun, Bunny Boo Boo, Boo, Boo Boo Bear... etc., etc. Please tell me I'm not the only one...:confused2:

2012-02-29_18-33-20_920-11.jpg

Hope everyone has a great day!

:hearts Jes & Sweet D

Q-tip here. You're not the only one with silly nicknames. Let's see...what does my mommy call me?

Binks, Binkers, Binkybug, snugglefluff, cuddlebutt, butsy, bug, snooglybug, tippy, tippyfluff, tipster, tiptiptiptiptip!, snoogleboogle, fluffinstuff....etc...

So yea, you're not the only one with silly nicknames.

Also, sweet new setup. Loving that cat house thing.

Do your bunnies have a favorite spot to be scratched/pet? D sure does. He loves it when I scratch his nose, like this:
2012-04-26_19-37-08_2421.jpg

He'll hop over and when I start scratching, he'll put his head down, close his eyes and start grinding his teeth with pleasure. It's so cute and a sweet little moment I love sharing with him every day.
:hug:

In other news, Harvey says he's jealous of all the attention Sweet D gets here, so he wanted me to share this picture of him (Because, "Hey ma, I'm cute too!). (I think he just wants the sympathy vote - note the place where a leg should be!) :confused2:
2012-04-24_22-28-24_3931.jpg

Also, just because they make me smile, I got flowers today! (From my boss for Administrative Professionals day, or whatever it's called now...)
561787_754429625552_73102861_34352902_1354230436_n.jpg

Happy Friday!!! :hearts Jes & Sweet D & Harv!

I just noticed that you are from Arkansas, too! I even think we might have the same name! Is Jes short for Jessica, because if it is then we do have the same name. :weee: I actually have family members that live in Little Rock!

And tell Harvey I said happy Caturday!

ArdenBunny wrote:
I just noticed that you are from Arkansas, too! I even think we might have the same name! Is Jes short for Jessica, because if it is then we do have the same name. :weee: I actually have family members that live in Little Rock!

And tell Harvey I said happy Caturday!
Yup, I'm in AR! :) And my full name is Jessica - although I've never gone by it, always Jessi or Jes.

Had a nice relaxing weekend hanging out at home w/ my guys. Sweet D loves this green run and always stretches out on it...

2012-04-10_20-08-29_21.jpg

2012-04-18_20-27-37_8451.jpg

He cracks me up because he always tucks his front legs under himself, but stretches out his back legs. He's so long and skinny - typical Himmie. :)

So here's something that will make you laugh (at me, with me?). Groggy after a late night, I was getting ready for work this morning and on my bathroom counter, were these two spray bottles:
2012-04-19_07-16-05_5681.jpg

One is human hair detangler. The other is rabbit shampoo. The detangler smells like strawberries. The rabbit shampoo smells like baby powder. The bottles are different size, shape and color. I grabbed a bottle, sprayed it all over my head and then froze. Baby powder scent filled my nose. Yup. Sprayed rabbit shampoo all over my head. Happy Monday!!!

Oye. Yesterday I got home from work to find the cat had puked on my bed. Lovely. Why on the bed cat? Why not on the easy to clean floor!? Grabbed up all my bedding and stuck it in the washer. Waited. Stuck it in the dryer. Waited...

Harvey and Sweet D seemed to be at odds last night. Usually, Harvey just ignores D, because he is not a big fan of the bun. But last night he kept swatting at him. D thought this was a game, hopping near, avoiding the swat, and then hopping away as quick as he can. Anyway...

Later, as I'm making my bed, Sweet D is hopping around the room happily. I get the mattress cover on and as I go to get the bottom sheet, D jumps up on the bed, runs over to Harvey's normal spot on the bed and pees! UGH. Are you kidding me!? He hasn't peed outside of his litter box, in oh, idk, over 6 months. And I'd JUST washed the darn thing! I was SO mad, he got a loud no and got to spend the rest of the evening in his pen. What the heck bunny, what. the. heck!?

I've got no answer as to why he did this. I'm hoping it was just a fluke because if he starts peeing on my bed... oh boy, that I just won't be able to handle! :X

Anyway. Here's to a pee free Tuesday!

No pee yesterday, so I'm hoping the whole, peeing on the bed thing was a fluke!

He did try to help me practice my flute/eat the book... same thing, right? I guess he'd probably like a phone book - but I'm not sure I want to encourage book eating. He ripped off a good chunk of the cover right after I snapped this pic.

2012-05-01_19-26-19_2141.jpg

He also played a few rounds of his favorite game called, "Tease Harvey," or as Harvey calls it, "Swat the Annoying Creature!":

2012-04-02_21-28-58_8043.jpg

Happy Wednesday, ya'll.

:hearts Jes, Sweet D & Harv

saidinjester wrote:
Had a nice relaxing weekend hanging out at home w/ my guys.  Sweet D loves this green run and always stretches out on it...

2012-04-10_20-08-29_21.jpg

2012-04-18_20-27-37_8451.jpg

He cracks me up because he always tucks his front legs under himself, but stretches out his back legs.  He's so long and skinny - typical Himmie.  :)

So here's something that will make you laugh (at me, with me?).  Groggy after a late night, I was getting ready for work this morning and on my bathroom counter, were these two spray bottles:
2012-04-19_07-16-05_5681.jpg

One is human hair detangler.  The other is rabbit shampoo.  The detangler smells like strawberries.  The rabbit shampoo smells like baby powder.  The bottles are different size, shape and color.  I grabbed a bottle, sprayed it all over my head and then froze.  Baby powder scent filled my nose.  Yup.  Sprayed rabbit shampoo all over my head.  Happy Monday!!!

I am in love with this posting hahahahaha

Latest posts

Back